Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
A Democrat's perspective on Trump Making America Great.

While up in Potlandia, visiting an account earlier this week, I was privy to seeing how a democrat responds to Trump making the economy strong , and providing jobs.

This was the maintenance director of a facility. His quandry since Trump has taken office is that he can no longer get vendors to show up for submitting a bid for work that needs to be done at their facility.

As he was telling me under the Obama Administration, when he needed vendors to submit bids on projects, he also had vendors who showed up to submit bids who were never even invited. They had no problem submitting bids and waiting for the low bid results.

Now under Trump, all of these vendors have so much work available, he can't even get them to show up, much less submit a bid.. and they have ZERO interest in competing for low bid.

Seems they prefer life under Obama, when plenty of people were desperate for work.
Under Trump they are doing very well, and that seems to cause a problem for democrats.

The gravy train has left the station it seems.
A Democrat's perspective on Trump Making America Great.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
So good you posted it twice!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I agree John. I've got enough work that I literally pick and choose what's best for ME. It's gravy time for contracting right now.

LOL
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by reivertom
So good you posted it twice!

Damn Microsoft word.... or operator error... take your pick...

thanks for the heads up!

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I work for a school district, we have a couple of openings, but can’t get anyone to apply. There is so much construction, people don’t care about a maintenance job.

IC B2

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The same thing is happening in Eastern Oregon. Our starting wage is $16.50/hr with another dollar available for completing a simple math and reading test. It is packaging work. No machine operations, just put the bags in a box and stack the box on a pallet.

We had eight new applicants come in Wed. When they were informed that they were subject to a pee test, four of them went home. Based on past experience, there is 50/50 chance that one of those four might stick around for a year and step into benifits, which are as good as any in the Treasure Valley. And far better than most.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 63 invisible), 2,483 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,437
Posts18,470,834
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.