Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by deflave
But if Texas favored Trump wouldn't that mean he was executing the will of Texas?

Sure, but who says the wall has to be on our side.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
You figure all the eminent domain stuff will be worked out in a week, a year, 10 years, ever?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Couldn’t say. Things that normally took a full term have happened in 12 months.

If there is a downside to our president fighting for infrastructure on the southern border, I fail to see it.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Eminent domain should be the very last option.

Since NM and CA didn't go red, Trump obviously isn't executing their will, so I'm assuming no wall there?

My guess is if it does go up, it won't last near as long as the one in Berlin.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
California has had two walls for a very long time.

Can’t say if eminent domain was used or not when construction began.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead
People are so quick to throw around eminent domain. WTF is wrong with all of you that are happy for the government to take your property/home etc.

I wouldn't be happy if it happened to me.

I'm just saying that's reality, and the decisions are never based on the wants/needs/feelings of property owners.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
People are so quick to throw around eminent domain. WTF is wrong with all of you that are happy for the government to take your property/home etc.

I'm just saying that's reality, and the decisions are never based on the wants/needs/feelings of property owners.

And it's a damned shame. I truly can't express how much I detest eminent domain. It would likely be the end of my life.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Land ownership is a bit of an illusion.

The County decides how much you will pay in annual property tax for the privilege of exclusive use. That's all it is in reality.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Land ownership is a bit of an illusion.

The County decides how much you will pay in annual property tax for the privilege of exclusive use. That's all it is in reality.

I know, property tax IS the tax that should go away, period.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Yep, but someone has to pay for local schools and law enforcement.

We get stuck with the bill, for all the derelicts having meth babies and needing all the policing and special educating.

What a deal.

I guess if we didn't pay for it, our community and property value would go further down the crapper.

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
But the property tax payers are not the only ones who get to vote on school levies and so on. We just get to pick up the tab for the added cost.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Be kinda like the draft wouldn't it?

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Yep, but someone has to pay for local schools and law enforcement.

We get stuck with the bill, for all the derelicts having meth babies and needing all the policing and special educating.

What a deal.

I guess if we didn't pay for it, our community and property value would go further down the [bleep].

There are other ways, just up or add sales tax. I also think the government should get out of the schools. You have kids, you pay, period. But I guess it's not fair for people with kids to be expected to pay for their kids.

All I know is if you had a 30 foot wall along the entire border with Mexico we damn well better get one up for the entire border with Canada. Because BOATLOADS of Mexicans will be going to Canada and coming across that border. Hell, boatloads of whatever will eventually be going to Canada and coming across that border.

. You don't think the likes of Soros and his ilk wouldn't load up boats full to take to Canada? You don't think the likes of Trudeua wouldn't assume the missionary position to take them in?

Wait for it, it's coming.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
It would be a benefit, but it's a damn shame that people along the border have to give up their land because [bleep] in SAN FRAN, STUPID [bleep] YANKEES IN New York, Minnesota etc want to have sanctuary cities and LOVE illegals. That companies aren't shut down for having illegals.

Is San Antonio in MN or NY? I can't remember. Houston is a bastion of conservatism as well.

Obviously it’s folks with democrat senators causing the most problems. Their vote to protect illegals causes everybody problems.
Houston is in Harris county which includes all the suburbs surrounding Houston, which is republican. But it want be red much longer if our friends don’t vote out the democrats. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
The OP and others opine that there can be no wall because to erect one would be difficult and require some original thinking. If that had been the American way of problem solving after Pearl Harbor the world would be a different place. Manifest Destiny was a good idea but would probably be too hard for today's naysayers.

Secure borders are an obvious priority for our national security which is the premier obligation of our government. To surmise that a secure border is dependent only on a physical structure [wall] indicates sub-optimal thinking. Doing the difficult, and even the impossible when necessary, is the realm of the Alpha.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

My family settled here in the no-man's-land of East Texas a couple of hundred years ago. They owned thousands of acres of Angelina/Attoyac River bottom until the 1950's, when it was decided that damning the rivers could produce electricity for everybody. ED took it all. Some of the fought and got nothing. The others sadly accepted the $50 per acre for prime bottom land that the family had farmed/ranched for 150 years. Lake Sam Rayburn hides my heritage and the family is now spread to the winds because of a stupid government idea. Fair price? Screw that. The government shouldn't be able to steal anything from a US citizen. Taxes are bad enough.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by lvmiker
The OP and others opine that there can be no wall because to erect one would be difficult and require some original thinking. If that had been the American way of problem solving after Pearl Harbor the world would be a different place. Manifest Destiny was a good idea but would probably be too hard for today's naysayers.

Secure borders are an obvious priority for our national security which is the premier obligation of our government. To surmise that a secure border is dependent only on a physical structure [wall] indicates sub-optimal thinking. Doing the difficult, and even the impossible when necessary, is the realm of the Alpha.

mike r

Hard to disagree with that, but every business east of the Mississippi wasn't begging the Japanese to work on their farm or restaurant.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by lvmiker

mike r

Hard to disagree with that, but every business east of the Mississippi wasn't begging the Japanese to work on their farm or restaurant.

LMAO.

I’m pretty sure plenty of illegals work right there in sweet ol’ Texas.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by ltppowell

My family settled here in the no-man's-land of East Texas a couple of hundred years ago. They owned thousands of acres of Angelina/Attoyac River bottom until the 1950's, when it was decided that damning the rivers could produce electricity for everybody. ED took it all. Some of the fought and got nothing. The others sadly accepted the $50 per acre for prime bottom land that the family had farmed/ranched for 150 years. Lake Sam Rayburn hides my heritage and the family is now spread to the winds because of a stupid government idea. Fair price? Screw that. The government shouldn't be able to steal anything from a US citizen. Taxes are bad enough.

What happens when a family is paying 3.5% on their mortgage, gets uprooted and the current interest rate on homes is 10%? What happens if they don't qualify for a mortgage? Etc etc.

Did I mention how much I hate eminent domain.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by deflave

Well if the mantra was "Murder citizens of New York, Minnesota, and California" I'd vote for that guy too.

Dammit...!
Montana Flave never cut me like that

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 9,921 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,355
Posts18,546,758
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.