Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by deflave

The Landowners on the border don’t speak with one voice as far as to HOW best to secure the border. But all I’ve talked to realize that more boots on the ground are needed and that the Federal Government needs to quit giving illegal aliens protected status when they trespass or break other State Laws.

And..... a Billionaire from Florida has been buying up large ranches in the Trans Pecos for years. He doesn’t run cattle or allow hunting so it’s a mystery as to what his purpose is. One rumor is that he is trying to acquire a million acres of contiguous land and apply for a Nuclear Waste disposal permit.He bought 200k acres that we used to lease for hunting south of Sanderson.

Oh sweet Jesus. Texas gossip circles.

How about you answering my question?

Do you think Trump really thought he could build a “ big, beautiful , wall the length of our southern border”, or was he blowing smoke?

It’s really not a question of if you can build a wall. The question is location. Obviously it want run down the middle of the Rio Grande. We now have check points on the highways leading up from the border on major roads. ( there is not that many roads ) Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No..... but close enough.

I think my interpretation of your ridiculous question is spot on and anybody with an IQ over 6 would know it.

The higher you go in the managerial food chain the more conceptual your ideas should become and the less technical your knowledge should be. This promotes innovation and leaves it to people underneath you to figure out the details.

So did Trump have a nuanced understanding of the complexities of his ultimate goal? No. Did the average Trump voter expect him to? Of course not.

The bottom line is that President Trump is messaging something that needs to be messaged and even if he achieves 1/16 of his original intent, that is a 1/16th that goes toward benefiting the United States and not subtracting from the United States.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I’m obliged for the explanation.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
If California can build a 100 billion dollar train to no where I think the United States government can build a 33 billion dollar wall across our southern border. As soon as the illegals cross hand them a pick and a shovel. Cheap labor. Done deal.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
My preferred solution is for the US to allow Texas to peacefully secede. Then y’all can build a wall along the Red River.

Were that to happen you'd be a Mexican state (again) inside 5 years. If that's what you want just go ahead and move to chihuahua.

What? You think them 11 million or so Hispanic Texans actually want to be part of Mexico? Most of them have never even been, and most of those that have quit going when the Narcos took over Northern Mexico, its been that way for at least ten or fifteen years now.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Of course a wall has to be manned and patrolled.

What if we started manning and patrolling the place where the prospective wall is to be built?

Shocking idea, I know...... patrolling close to the actual border.Hiway 90 is so much easier on the troops.

Huh?

Highway 90 is the only road going west from Del Rio, between Langtry where Hwy 90 runs inland, and Marathon, more than 100 miles to the west, there essentially is no pavement between Hwy 90 and Mexico, and Marathon is about 80 miles north of the Border.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Just run that fence along Federal Hwy 90. Except at the few towns along that route.
Put in guard houses every 25 miles or so. Landowners need access to their land.
Anyone that has permission to go past the fence, let them in.
So the wets would be trapped inside and easy to find. Have border patrol watch as currently is the fashion.
All other details can be worked out.

Ranchers don't lose a ranch, traffic still flows and no water loss. I'll bet the feds already own that right of way for that Hwy.

The banking Mellon family has a huge ranch out there somewhere. CEO's from all over the country fly into that ranch for R&R.

Just an idea.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Some figures for scale of reference....

Length of the US/Mexico Border ~ 2,000 miles
Boots on the ground every 1/4 mile (avg.) time four shifts = 32,000 agents.

Total workforce of just the NYPD ~ 55,000.
Annual operating budget ~ $5.6 billion.
Pop. New York City ~ 8.5 million
Cost of NYPD ~ $659/resident

Total workforce of the US Border Patrol ~ 61,000.
Operating budget ~ $13 billion
Pop. USA ~ 325 million
Cost of BP ~ $40/citizen

Total discretionary budget of the US Govt (other than military) ~ $500 billion

Add $10 billion to the BP budget, hire another 40,000 agents and put em all on the Border.

A whole lot easier than a wall

Not sure where you got your numbers but they're wrong.

Good luck keeping 40K on staff. Will never happen.

The numbers came from NYPD and USBP's own websites.

The point being of course that as a nation, if the Border Patrol is any indication we are investing minimal time and effort securing our Borders, the 13 billion spent at present is a relative pittance.

Good luck adding 40,000 people to the 61,000 already on staff? Heck, if that isn't doable, good luck building that wall, which will require extra staff to man in anyhow.

OTOH if we actually did have eyes on the Border, 24/7, all along its length, and sufficient personnel to back it up, we wouldn't need a wall nearly so bad.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Of course a wall has to be manned and patrolled.

What if we started manning and patrolling the place where the prospective wall is to be built?

Shocking idea, I know...... patrolling close to the actual border.Hiway 90 is so much easier on the troops.

Huh?

Highway 90 is the only road going west from Del Rio, between Langtry where Hwy runs inland, and Marathon, more than 100 miles to the west, there essentially is no pavement between Hwy 90 and Mexico, and Marathon is about 80 miles north of the Border.

I didn't look at a map Mike, so we will have to suck the wall down south in that area.

Last edited by Wtxj; 09/08/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
My preferred solution is for the US to allow Texas to peacefully secede. Then y’all can build a wall along the Red River.

Were that to happen you'd be a Mexican state (again) inside 5 years. If that's what you want just go ahead and move to chihuahua.

What? You think them 11 million or so Hispanic Texans actually want to be part of Mexico? Most of them have never even been, and most of those that have quit going when the Narcos took over Northern Mexico, its been that way for at least ten or fifteen years now.

Likely wasting my breath, but here goes.

You read more into what I said than what was there. I didn't say the umpteen million hispanics already in TX would simply swap flags. My statement was made on the literal interpretation of curdog's post. If we were to build a wall on the Red River, and treat it as has been stated most Americans would like the Rio Grande, then without the rest of the U.S. to bear the brunt of the illegal invasion, TX would simply absorb all that crosses her southern border. I took a wild stab at 5 years before you were overrun and a vote was held to either join Mexico as another state, or simply be annexed in a hostile fashion.

MAGA
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some figures for scale of reference....

Length of the US/Mexico Border ~ 2,000 miles
Boots on the ground every 1/4 mile (avg.) time four shifts = 32,000 agents.

Total workforce of just the NYPD ~ 55,000.
Annual operating budget ~ $5.6 billion.
Pop. New York City ~ 8.5 million
Cost of NYPD ~ $659/resident

Total workforce of the US Border Patrol ~ 61,000.
Operating budget ~ $13 billion
Pop. USA ~ 325 million
Cost of BP ~ $40/citizen

Total discretionary budget of the US Govt (other than military) ~ $500 billion

Add $10 billion to the BP budget, hire another 40,000 agents and put em all on the Border.

A whole lot easier than a wall

Not sure where you got your numbers but they're wrong.

Good luck keeping 40K on staff. Will never happen.

The numbers came from NYPD and USBP's own websites.

The point being of course that as a nation, if the Border Patrol is any indication we are investing minimal time and effort securing our Borders, the 13 billion spent at present is a relative pittance.

Good luck adding 40,000 people to the 61,000 already on staff? Heck, if that isn't doable, good luck building that wall, which will require extra staff to man in anyhow.

OTOH if we actually did have eyes on the Border, 24/7, all along its length, and sufficient personnel to back it up, we wouldn't need a wall nearly so bad.

They use lots of sensors plus night vision. Night vision can cover 50 miles in a valley.
I have been stopped by them at 2:00 am before. Watch for the black vans with the periscopes, that what's they are doing. very current equipment

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Just run that fence along Federal Hwy 90. Except at the few towns along that route.
Put in guard houses every 25 miles or so. Landowners need access to their land.
Anyone that has permission to go past the fence, let them in.
So the wets would be trapped inside and easy to find. Have border patrol watch as currently is the fashion.
All other details can be worked out.

Ranchers don't lose a ranch, traffic still flows and no water loss. I'll bet the feds already own that right of way for that Hwy.

The banking Mellon family has a huge ranch out there somewhere. CEO's from all over the country fly into that ranch for R&R.

Just an idea.

Stroke of genius cool, except east of Del Rio I'd run that fence along 277 past Eagle Pass to El Indio, 1472 to Laredo, and then 83/281/4 as necessary clear to Boca Chica Beach ('course parts lower down are already fenced).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't know anything about East of Del Rio, so let's go with you're choice of rds. out there. I just know it's real open spaced for many miles west of Del Rio.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I’m obliged for the explanation.

I’m obliged for your obliging.

Dave

PS-Can one of you drive over to Birdwatcher’s ghetto pad and explain he should stick to hummingbirds and bicycles?

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

No..... but close enough.

I think my interpretation of your ridiculous question is spot on and anybody with an IQ over 6 would know it.

The higher you go in the managerial food chain the more conceptual your ideas should become and the less technical your knowledge should be. This promotes innovation and leaves it to people underneath you to figure out the details.

So did Trump have a nuanced understanding of the complexities of his ultimate goal? No. Did the average Trump voter expect him to? Of course not.

The bottom line is that President Trump is messaging something that needs to be messaged and even if he achieves 1/16 of his original intent, that is a 1/16th that goes toward benefiting the United States and not subtracting from the United States.

Stop saying stuff I agree with!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
PS-Can one of you drive over to Birdwatcher’s ghetto pad and explain he should stick to hummingbirds and bicycles?

Ya, they could explain to me why expanding the present Border Patrol by 2/3 is impossible, or at least much more difficult than adding about another 1,500 miles of wall to the Border.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Ya, they could explain to me why expanding the present Border Patrol by 2/3 is impossible, or at least much more difficult than adding about another 1,500 miles of wall to the Border.

Every time the government has had a big hiring spree for the BP the Cartels slip some of their guys onto the force. Now, that’s according to a few Agents I’ve talked with over the years. You probably should google it to make sure.

Unless the ROE has changed in the last couple of years, each time a BP Agent fires his weapon, the FBI must investigate. That doesn’t help their morale.

A tripped sensor requires them to investigate but they have no way of knowing if it’s Juan and Maria coming over here to work or some bad hombres with guns.

It ain’t a job I would want.

Besides......my Spanish ain’t up to the job.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Ok , I’m not going through every post. Has anyone stated that if you hire an illegal Immigrant ... you are are arrested. That simple!!!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by louiethedrifter
Ok , I’m not going through every post. Has anyone stated that if you hire an illegal Immigrant ... you are are arrested. That simple!!!!!!

Fake id’s can fool you. Few check beyond that but a 10k$ fine would help.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by louiethedrifter

The illegal Mfer that killed the girl in IA had perfect "legal" ID and everything else it took ta get a job.

Only thing simple, is you.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 1lessdog, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 21, 48 invisible), 14,996 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,172
Posts18,543,035
Members74,058
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.