Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It only took four posts for this thread to go off the rails.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mike_S

And 49 pages later it's still careening into the canyon. Which is why we cannot avert our eyes.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I know I am hated here but many of you get so personal and out of sorts with mean and outrageous comments without plain old facts or experience goes away. My question still has not been answered, would you shoot a grizz with a .380 or hunt deer and shoot 50 to 100 yards with it? Many large animals have been shot in the head with even larger guns where the bullets flattened on the skull to just give the animal a head ache as he tore you to shreds. To even suggest a .380 is insane.
But the problem I see is the harsh comments. I thought you were all shooters but you can't get along.

Don't tell this deer that a 380 won't kill him, because it did. it didn't bounce off, it penetrated his brain completely from 70 yards...

[Linked Image]

But it got a lot quieter after this picture was posted.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
"........If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots...……."

That's a real pearl of wisdom...…...

Perhaps he once tried to .380 himself and discovered his skull was too thick.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Mike_S

And 49 pages later it's still careening into the canyon. Which is why we cannot avert our eyes.

Everybody like to watch a train wreck......grin

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know I am hated here...

Should have stopped posting right there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The question is not to shoot a BG but what stops him fast. Any gun hurts of course. Lethal means a stop and drop right now. You read about cops shooting a BG 4 times and he will survive after a nine was used. On drugs the BG can keep shooting after hit many times. Even the .223 is sad. Friends daughter shot deer with one. Lost it with no blood trail. I found it later. Still good so I gutted and called him. 300 yards from where shot and the bullet made 6" only. I made him get his daughter a 30-30. A toy can hurt but will it stop the BG before he shoots you? It is worth one thing and it is to point it at a kid wanting to rob, he will run away. Most crimes are prevented by pointing a gun. You could use a cap gun. If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots and my gun would do better. I could reach you with a knife before you could draw. I learned when deer hunting the gun must be in hand and not in a holster or a rifle slung over your back. You hunt birds with a shotgun at ready. No cop or military will have a .380. It will not make you James Bond. Movies are fun when you are shot at with full autos and you take all the BG's out with a little pistol. Fantasy world is a .380. How about a .25 ACP? Make you itch.

So you made someone go buy a 30-30.

what a chump

FJB
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockchucker
[quote=bfrshooter]

what a chump

What's wrong with .30-30?

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by rockchucker
[quote=bfrshooter]

what a chump

What's wrong with .30-30?

Nothing, but it won’t do anything more than than the .223 loaded properly in the right hands.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The question is not to shoot a BG but what stops him fast. Any gun hurts of course. Lethal means a stop and drop right now. You read about cops shooting a BG 4 times and he will survive after a nine was used. On drugs the BG can keep shooting after hit many times. Even the .223 is sad. Friends daughter shot deer with one. Lost it with no blood trail. I found it later. Still good so I gutted and called him. 300 yards from where shot and the bullet made 6" only. I made him get his daughter a 30-30. A toy can hurt but will it stop the BG before he shoots you? It is worth one thing and it is to point it at a kid wanting to rob, he will run away. Most crimes are prevented by pointing a gun. You could use a cap gun. If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots and my gun would do better. I could reach you with a knife before you could draw. I learned when deer hunting the gun must be in hand and not in a holster or a rifle slung over your back. You hunt birds with a shotgun at ready. No cop or military will have a .380. It will not make you James Bond. Movies are fun when you are shot at with full autos and you take all the BG's out with a little pistol. Fantasy world is a .380. How about a .25 ACP? Make you itch.

Bullschiett.

If you were a criminal and had ANY gun pointed at you, you damn sure wouldn't be counting on the other guy not being able to shoot. You may be praying to God that he can't shoot, but you wouldn't know scheitt. No wonder you get harassed on here.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MOGC
I know I am hated here...

Should have stopped posting right there.

Indeed.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Again...bulldung. Lethal means it can KILL YOU. Shooting someone and anchoring them on the spot is called a one-shot-stop among Law Enforcement Officers, and unless you get a CNS hit (with a handgun) you won't get a one-shot-stop.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
"........If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots...……."

That's a real pearl of wisdom...…...

Perhaps he once tried to .380 himself and discovered his skull was too thick.

After missing most shots.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots and my gun would do better. . . . Fantasy world is a .380.

I’m not a criminal, but it is nice to know that I was in no danger when caught out in the open about 10 to 15 yards away engaged in a conversation with a gentleman holding a pot metal .380 to his female friend’s back. I guess she wasn’t in danger, either. In this case, though, the man with the .380 also had not gotten the memo, and, after a series of events, he ended up shooting a police officer right above the upper lip. The police officer hadn’t gotten the memo, either, because he went down after firing two ineffectual rounds and wasn’t looking too good when I got to him. Fortunately, the officer lived, but the round left more than a mark. (The bad guy continued making bad choices and was killed moments later.) I would have preferred that this be a fantasy and not real.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
If I was a criminal and seen a .380 I would know you would miss most shots and my gun would do better. . . . Fantasy world is a .380.

I’m not a criminal, but it is nice to know that I was in no danger when caught out in the open about 10 15 yards away engaged in a conversation with a gentleman holding a pot metal .380 to his female friend’s back. I guess she wasn’t in danger, either. In this case, though, the man with the .380 also had not gotten the memo, and, after a series of events, he ended up shooting a police officer right above the upper lip. The police officer hadn’t gotten the memo, either, because he went down after firing two ineffectual rounds and wasn’t looking too good when I got to him. Fortunately, the officer lived, but the round left more than a mark. (The bad guy continued making bad choices and was killed moments later.) I would have preferred that this be a fantasy and not real.

That had to have been a really schitty scene, my friend.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
jeez I'm glad that's over!
I carried a 380 Walther pp and never felt under gunned, wish I still had it.

J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
Now that the nurse at the mental hospital has turned off the Doof’s computer and shot him up with Thorazine we can go back to our usual misconceptions. I sure feel safe with my 380.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Now that the nurse at the mental hospital has turned off the Doof’s computer and shot him up with Thorazine we can go back to our usual misconceptions. I sure feel safe with my 380.

I am here. Really you dont want to get this started again do you?

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
I am here. Really you dont want to get this started again do you?

[Linked Image]

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
A breakthrough.

[Linked Image]

Page 25 of 29 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (280ACKIMP, 6mmCreedmoor, 3dtestify, 3333vl, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 14,752 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,336
Posts18,546,259
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.