Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]
Cleveland's Shane Bieber pitches during the first inning of Thursday's game in Toronto. The Indians have removed the Chief Wahoo logo from the sleeves of their uniforms for the Toronto series. [AP PHOTO]

Indians remove controversial logo from uniforms for Toronto series

The Cleveland Indians have removed the Chief Wahoo logo from the sleeve of their uniforms for a four-game series in Toronto.

The decision to nix the logo was partially driven by a failed legal challenge against the team when it played in Toronto during the 2016 AL Championship Series. While Cleveland played the Blue Jays, a lawsuit was filed to have the logo and team name banned from Canadian TV. A judge dismissed the case.

The Indians have said they will permanently remove the logo from their uniforms next season. The move came after decades of protests and complaints that the grinning, red-faced caricature that dates to 1947 is racist. Cleveland will host the All-Star Game next season.

In recent years, the team has slowly moved away from the cartoonish image of a big-toothed American Indian with a scarlet face and a single feather in his headdress. The Indians now use a "C" as their primary logo and have removed signs depicting Chief Wahoo from their home stadium.

The Indians will return to their regular uniforms when they play at Tampa Bay next week.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Frog snacks

I am MAGA.
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
You looked my way and hurt my feelings.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Kneeling NFLosers and PC Baseball teams makes for a great fall of bird hunting, fishing and archery until big game season opens, then more hunting.

More winning and less whining, Pro sports can bite me...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Kneeling NFLosers and PC Baseball teams makes for a great fall of bird hunting, fishing and archery until big game season opens, then more hunting.

+ 1 ...

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've always thought sports was way over rated. Pro sports.

Maybe this proves I was correct all along.

It was a LONG time ago that I watched and thought pro sports were good and good folks and such, and then I made it out of 6th grade and realized what chit it was all becoming.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Absolutely, positively. Let the pro sports leagues collapse and let these buttheads get real jobs doing real work contributing something real to society.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Toronto's vajayjay has been a sand pit for a long time.

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I am offended over Toronto's baseball teams name.. the Blue Jays...

I think it is disgraceful that they named their team after one of Mother Nature's creatures, the lowly Blue Jay..

it is distasteful and shows no respect for Mother Nature and birds everywhere...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hanco
You looked my way and hurt my feelings.

I suggest when confronted in this manner that you engage personal defence app "Smart-arse .02", this is the updated version of "Smart-arse .01" which has been utilised by those from preceding generations to put such actions in context.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like Canada has become a little like Europe.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Sew on an upside down maple leaf. Hell, they'd probably be slighted by an oak leaf, but not a marijuana leaf.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I am a damn poor spectator.....never watched any sports. Take up too much outdoor time.

Sometimes can't escape the TV inna saloon.

Only college football game I attended was at U of I ...when a budd got married at half time.

Sometimes ....have been forced to watch certain little pole dancers.....I reckon that would make me a spectator, but, what sport might that be?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by cisco1
I am a damn poor spectator.....never watched any sports. Take up too much outdoor time.

Sometimes can't escape the TV inna saloon.

Only college football game I attended was at U of I ...when a budd got married at half time.

Sometimes ....have been forced to watch certain little pole dancers.....I reckon that would make me a spectator, but, what sport might that be?

Surely you kno dance is an ART, not a sport,, art SHOULD be admired ,,

I AM AMERICA!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
The same time they're letting in muzzies by the droves, the muzzies that will slit their throats, smart bunch eh? crazy

Trump Won!
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

hosfly ,

I am glad you pointed out the ART aspect.....Lord knows I need all the frizzin' culture I can get.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Are the Washington Redskins keeping their name and logo? There was an uproar about Redskins a while back.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Frog snacks

I expect a little more from someone living in a border state.

Toronto is not French. Toronto is Canada's New York City. Torontonians think they are the centre of the universe.

With all the immigration from non European nations Toronto has gone more and more liberal and PC. And they try to impose their views on the rest of the nation through the national media venues.

Their views are not shared by most English speaking Canadians. Up until recently, most Albertan's views were closer to Replublican Texans than Democractic Montana. That is probably due to the integration of the oil industry.

However, we have had both internal and external immigration that is liberalizing Alberta's politics.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Frog snacks

I expect a little more from someone living in a border state.

Toronto is not French. Toronto is Canada's New York City. Torontonians think they are the centre of the universe.

With all the immigration from non European nations Toronto has gone more and more liberal and PC. And they try to impose their views on the rest of the nation through the national media venues.

Their views are not shared by most English speaking Canadians. Up until recently, most Albertan's views were closer to Replublican Texans than Democractic Montana. That is probably due to the integration of the oil industry.

However, we have had both internal and external immigration that is liberalizing Alberta's politics.
Originally Posted by gunner500
The same time they're letting in muzzies by the droves, the muzzies that will slit their throats, smart bunch eh? crazy

Just as the USA. Plus you have been rolling home grown muzzies for over 50 years. Look at Detroit. 30% of your black football players have Muslim names. Think also of Mohamed Ali and Kareem Abdul Jabbar.

That being said, we need to get rid of Trudeau next year

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought a Chief Wahoo cap just for that very reason. I wear it just to be PC incorrect!! I'm really a Rockies fan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

244 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 2ndwind, 30 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,492
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.