Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
mad Got an email alert on my phone that someone tried to purchase gas next town over. Ten minutes later another alert they tried to buy something at Walmart. If I knew who the hell it was id drag them sobs through town behind my truck to the square and gut and hang them cock suckers for all to see!!!

Called and had cards canceled. Phuggin pissed!! mad mad

Karma for them mother phuggers!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Got a fraud alert from Fidelity past Friday. It was. New cards coming,,,,,again.

Wall mart and gas stations are the focal centers for thefts according to VISA.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
How in the hell do they get your card numbers?!?!? I havent been to that Walmart in months and never the gas station.

PS

Sorry you goin through it too. Id make em disappear for ya if I could, them sobs!

Last edited by pahick; 09/11/18.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
card skimmers, so bad where I'm at that banks check their atms several times a day for them. I always grab on to where you slide your card in, if it has a skimmer on it, it will wiggle loose with a little bit of force, see them mostly at gas stations.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Had that happen on my way to Colorado hunting, had to use my card inside at a late night gas station. Never again.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Card readers inserted in the card slot later removed and via cell phone cameras I’m told.

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
This is why I use credit cards instead of debit. Im not sure if it was my debit that id have been able to stop it. They woulda got right into my bank account. But im calling the bank in a few and see if I can change the account to make sure it asks me before a purchase like my cc's do. Damn these sobs make me mad!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RShooter
Had that happen on my way to Colorado hunting, had to use my card inside at a late night gas station. Never again.

Similar here so I pack 2 cards and cash.

Always call your card companies before launching on a foray and give them your itenerary, state by state. Using a card while moving fast is the sign of a stolen card, they’ll cut you off. Call first.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pahick
This is why I use credit cards instead of debit. Im not sure if it was my debit that id have been able to stop it. They woulda got right into my bank account. But im calling the bank in a few and see if I can change the account to make sure it asks me before a purchase like my cc's do. Damn these sobs make me mad!!

Yep. Debit cards can leave you hanging. Too much risk involved with those.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Why is a debit card any worse or even as bad as a credit card? I use both, but I need to enter a pin number when I use my debit card and not so with my credit card. I lost my credit card in Chicago once and the problem was that the 800 number that I had to call and cancel my card was on the back of the missing credit card. Best have a photo copy of your card in another place.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Windfall
Why is a debit card any worse or even as bad as a credit card?

If they get your debit card and PIN and use it the bank has no obligation to pay you back the money you lost. With a credit card they will freeze it, declare those fraudulent charges and you will not be out anything,

Don't assume they can't get an ATM pin.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I buy with cash, probably get robbed and shot.

Last edited by hanco; 09/11/18.
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pugs

If they get your debit card and PIN and use it the bank has no obligation to pay you back the money you lost. With a credit card they will freeze it, declare those fraudulent charges and you will not be out anything,

Your bank account is covered through Mastercard or Visa for a certain amount. Heres the big problem with a debit card though, its a direct link to your money. If they steal your debit, your bank will pay for whatever they bought. Then, when you call it in when you find out, your bank freezes not only your card but any money left in your account. They may or may not cover what was stolen. Most banking institutions will voluntarily cover a certain amount, but unless you have a written agreement to do so, they dont have to.

Called my bank. Debit card is now switched to call before I use. Pain in the ass, but I have no idea how in the hell they got my cc number so best to be safe.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I hear ya brother!

The thing about credit card theft like that is that nobody usually goes to jail. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by pahick
Originally Posted by Pugs

Your bank account is covered through Mastercard or Visa for a certain amount. Heres the big problem with a debit card though, its a direct link to your money. If they steal your debit, your bank will pay for whatever they bought. Then, when you call it in when you find out, your bank freezes not only your card but any money left in your account. They may or may not cover what was stolen. Most banking institutions will voluntarily cover a certain amount, but unless you have a written agreement to do so, they dont have to.

Called my bank. Debit card is now switched to call before I use. Pain in the ass, but I have no idea how in the hell they got my cc number so best to be safe.

The world we live in today.

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The only thieves to ever make unauthorized charges on my accounts was Time/Life. I allowed an $8 charge for trial subscriptions on four mags. The next thing I know, they have hit me for an additional $60.

I made a quick call to my bank. The bank credited me the $60, and sent me a new debit card.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Why is a debit card any worse or even as bad as a credit card? I use both, but I need to enter a pin number when I use my debit card and not so with my credit card. I lost my credit card in Chicago once and the problem was that the 800 number that I had to call and cancel my card was on the back of the missing credit card. Best have a photo copy of your card in another place.

Phone address book.
Don’t lose your phone!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The skimmers they are using now are very compact and hard to spot. Look at the one in this news story.
http://www.wtvm.com/story/35834794/how-to-spot-a-credit-card-skimmer-at-the-gas-pump-or-atm

Another likely place is restaurants, the skimmer is small enough to keep hidden in their pocket. When someone gives the waiter their card they scan it between the table and the register.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Paul_M
The skimmers they are using now are very compact and hard to spot. Look at the one in this news story.
http://www.wtvm.com/story/35834794/how-to-spot-a-credit-card-skimmer-at-the-gas-pump-or-atm

Another likely place is restaurants, the skimmer is small enough to keep hidden in their pocket. When someone gives the waiter their card they scan it between the table and the register.

Paul, many restaurants in our greater area now bring the card reader to the table when paying the bill. The wait staff never touches your card. I can see this expanding over time.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only place I've had my card stolen is paying at the pump.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1234, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 2,459 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,590
Posts18,492,128
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.