Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by DMc
Got the Grandkids cell phones. Be sure to purchase the UNLIMITED data plan!!! 5 gig went by like a stiff wind!

Learned my lesson the hard way.

Or configure all the apps that use data (updates, movies, music) to only run on wifi!

We have 4 phones on an 8GB plan and always have carry over data.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Don't have a smart phone, got a dumb one(flip phone). When I want to call someone I turn it on and call them. Then I shut it off. The net it is on records the numbers of those that try to call me, so I can call back if I want too. GD phones are the rudest invention of mankind but handy at times. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I have no need for a smartphone.
Have laptop at home.
Dumbphone works fine for texting/calls.

Personally, I'd like to not have any phone.
But with kids not yet moved out...........kinda handy.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I have a smartphone , But could care less about it. If it weren't for needing to read company e-mail at home I would just have a flip phone. I am appalled to watch people spend every minute craning their neck looking at Facebook. Many of the men I work with are addicted it is pathetic.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Hot teenage chick; why are you staring at my butt?

Me; just trying to figure out which phone you have in your back pocket.

Ya, right! 🤣

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Facebook is for old people, there's thousands and thousands of dead old duffer accts dormant on facebook

Most of the kids are on snapchat and instagram

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
My kids get a basic phone when they're 10. They don't get a smart phone til they're old enough to have a job and pay for it.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I love my smart phone. I use it two, sometimes three times a week. The compass and level are really cool.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
My kids get a basic phone when they're 10. They don't get a smart phone til they're old enough to have a job and pay for it.

That sounds like a great plan!

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Linked Image]

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Ask siri what's flying above me right now

[Linked Image]

Of course I used my postimage.com app to take a screen shot

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
When I'm on the road I use waze. Thousands of other waze users in real time let each other know what the roads look like in real time up ahead

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
If traveling somewhere and not sure of the route. Program GiGi my to and from and she gives me audible turn-by navigation. *Can flash the screen and still take phone calls

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe you roof houses for a living, pour concrete or play golf and you want to work or play as long as you can. You can see live nexrad radar and progression and history of lightning intensity.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is no different than any other addictive behavior- learn how to control yourself. When my sister gets some text notification on her phone, she'll stop everything she's doing and walk clear across the house to go see what it is. And if anyone is talking to her, you might as well shut up because she's not hearing a thing you say until she sees that text. On the other hand, I put my smart phone in the drawer at work and it sits there unless I hear the phone ring. And most of the time, I let it go to voicemail and check it later. People that insist on sending me 20 texts learn quickly that they will not get the instant gratification they are seeking. I'll let them text me for 5 minutes, then I may check it and reply "ok" LOL.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Or unless you want to be like the rest of the dolts sitting in some waiting room watching the Price is Right

I have DirecTV app on my phone. I can watch anything that I'm subscribed to at the house, on my phone from where ever I'm at. I can even talk to my DVR back at the house thru my app via my phone and set it up to record or manage files just while I'm sitting and waiting.

And since I'm and AT&T customer, and direct is now owned by ATT, I am entitled to HBO for life program.

And also since I been with AT&T for 20 years, I have unlimited data, no throttle till 22GB (not 2.2) and that's per phone. I have 6 on the plan.

People don't have to stare at their phone to text either. There's a microphone button, push that and you can speak voice-to-text, siri will type it and send it for you hands free.

I thought everybody knew that, and we're just dumb Tn inbred hayseeds. Yeah, OK

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Even at work, our Leica geosystems robot would send me the .txt file, my phone would plot the x,y data into our dashboard arcgis editor master map via VPN back to the server

When I wasn't doing that, I had multiple screens open, even one with the 24hr Campfire. I could be standing in the middle of a 4 way intersection collectinrg a hard data point and reading and replying to some horse shlt on here. Hahaha

Technology. Lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not gonna watch a show on my damn phone and go blind. That's what a TV is for. And if you're gonna text me for 5 minutes, fugking call me. After 3 texts, with no end in sight, I stop responding. I like texts for last minute change of plans kind of stuff, but not as a substitute for having a plan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, in all fairness, some people here that bitch about girls and their addictive behavior, probably spend 12 hours a day reading Campfire forum threads LOL. Bottom line, if your kid wants a phone and you don't agree, man up and say no.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
And corn cobs in the privy

Use a red one

you're rubbing to hard dude........

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (1OntarioJim, 1minute, 1234, 1badf350, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 56 invisible), 2,455 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,567
Posts18,491,825
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.