Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Salmon, maybe. Deer, not so much. I'd really rather have either of them grilled.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Had a bunch of poaching going on here a month or so back.

They took a couple of backstraps, and just dumped the rest... One still had spots.

Dumped them off a small bridge at the county road to rot after they shot them. mad

[Linked Image]

The suckers who did this need 6-12 mo in the big house and a caining.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gadfly
I see where you are coming from, but we're probably a couple of generations past the time when the rural poor would go hungry if they didn't poach.

That's going to depend, in my case I'm the first generation in my family that didn't have to poach to eat. When my mom and dad first started out my dad would call the game warden who lived just down the road and report gun fire and possible poaching, then he would watch the wardens house and when he left he would go out back and get himself some food.

The other neighbors new what was going on but never reported it because they knew my parents needed the meat.

This kid just doing it with no forethought shows he did it quite possibly because he just wanted to kill something.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by OkieShooter
Well this morning found out are charging him with operation of motor vehicle without a license, criminal trespass, hunting/shooting from a public road, taking of deer out of season, and wanton waste. Pretty much threw the book at him.

I did plenty of things growing up and learned from them. Never went that far. Heck if want to shoot a deer out of season don't do it in middle of evening from a public road. Heck walk out there and shoot it. Pack the meat out and no one would know or see you. But to do it in broad daylight even confuses me. Lots here somewhat subside on wild game. Poor part of the world for sure. But do it smartly and world will leave you alone. Crazy situation. Now to see how the charges stick and what gets thrown out.

Well, if they sent him to the pen for five years it would probably really straighten him out.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Gadfly
I see where you are coming from, but we're probably a couple of generations past the time when the rural poor would go hungry if they didn't poach.

That's going to depend, in my case I'm the first generation in my family that didn't have to poach to eat. When my mom and dad first started out my dad would call the game warden who lived just down the road and report gun fire and possible poaching, then he would watch the wardens house and when he left he would go out back and get himself some food.

The other neighbors new what was going on but never reported it because they knew my parents needed the meat.

This kid just doing it with no forethought shows he did it quite possibly because he just wanted to kill something.

So that would explain him increasing his risk of being caught by pulling over, trespassing the fence, getting the deer, untresspassing the fence, loading the deer in the truck, hauling ass home and jerking the backstraps?

Too bad warden didnt get there 30 min later. I could just as well hypothesize he could have had fresh, fried backstrap and gravy.
What, you cant remember how hungry you used to get at that age, Paul, what with choking your chicken two or three times a day?
whistle

Last edited by jaguartx; 09/20/18.

I Dindo Nuffin
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have no use for poachers and turn them in whenever I can. I recently ditched an old friend who was in my words "ethically challenged". I don't hang out with people who violate the law...plain and simple.

living the good life every day
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by WL205
Dru, Kenny, or Mark?

Was Kenny.

Ended up reducing charges. I don't blame them. Young kid first time screwing up. Hopefully seeing what all he could have been charged with scared him. Who knows. I vote for taking the truck and rifle. Year of probation. You screw up a second time then hammer the charges. Apparently warden found a pile of antlers while looking around. Who knows where that will lead. Problem I have is just skinning the back and cutting out the backstraps. Take all the meat and eat it.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
This could certainly change the optics in this story.

This means he could be a serial violater.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
True. But that's what me a cousin was discussing earlier this evening. Come in both our houses and find a pile of heads and mounts. Only 1 still has a carcass tag still attached. Would have to look up the data on computer to see and verify that all were legal. But agree will be interesting to see what all comes from this and if the kid learns a lesson.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

289 members (1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 23 invisible), 1,896 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,123
Posts18,483,694
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.