Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That was great, Bristoe. Thanks for posting it.

Mr Gardipee seems very humble considering his military decorations and how he acquired them. He was shot down and experienced his NDE after volunteering for a second tour in Vietnam.

(Scroll across with the arrows at the bottom)

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/84632

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
My point in discussing this stuff is because people want to have differences of opinion on the age of the Earth and how long it took God to create the Universe when it's mentioned a few times in the Bible that time doesn't exist in God's realm as it does on Earth.

Therefore, it's meaningless to have discussions concerning those matters while using our understanding of time.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
what's time to a hawg anyways?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

My dear sister is one of those special lot that firmly believes the Earth is somewhere around six thousand years old...I just think she is a [bleep]-wit.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus

I'd guess that even a "hawg" would have an easier time conceptualizing time that the absence of it.

IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by JSTUART

My dear sister is one of those special lot that firmly believes the Earth is somewhere around six thousand years old...I just think she is a [bleep]-wit.

Tell her this.

2 Peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bristoe
My point in discussing this stuff is because people want to have differences of opinion on the age of the Earth and how long it took God to create the Universe when it's mentioned a few times in the Bible that time doesn't exist in God's realm as it does on Earth.

Therefore, it's meaningless to have discussions concerning those matters while using our understanding of time.

Totally. Seven days is negotiable because the science of geology is easily understood and one would look like a dipschit if they said well the earth is a few thousand years old. So seven days is meaningless to talk about because God and Genesis. Time is different in heaven earth, duh, erryone knows that..

But species changing into other things, and man appearing to be part of that, well that's a hard line in the sand. Ain't nothing different there. Doesn't happen in heaven, doesn't happen on earth, because God and Genesis.

Which parts are negotiable and which aren't? The science each individual understands and/or ignores?

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by huntinaz

Totally. Seven days is negotiable because the science of geology is easily understood and one would look like a dipschit if they said well the earth is a few thousand years old. So seven days is meaningless to talk about because God and Genesis. Time is different in heaven earth, duh, erryone knows that..

But species changing into other things, and man appearing to be part of that, well that's a hard line in the sand. Ain't nothing different there. Doesn't happen in heaven, doesn't happen on earth, because God and Genesis.

Which parts are negotiable and which aren't? The science each individual understands and/or ignores?

Maybe God didn't feel the need to even discuss it because it only took a fraction of a second.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Gus

Some here may not have heard the joke, Gus.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Ringman

I maintained what you are saying for years. The KJV is wrong.

Do you really want to leave a record of being a willful liar?

You are making no sense. About what am I a liar?

OK, your statement was a bit ambiguous. Perhaps you didn't mean to suggest that I ever said the KJV was wrong.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by FreeMe

If I am anthropomorphizing God, why is he telling Cane to listen?

And you didn't answer my question about Psalm 19:1-2. What do we do with that? The heavens have been revealing a tale of a definite beginning....billions of years ago (by our measure). To deny this suggests that Satan has unlimited power to overrule God's vast message. He is the great deceiver - but that's giving him too much credit, I think. To go that far, we'd have to allow that he has the power to corrupt the word and the laws of God.

At this point in my studies, I have to question which God is greater - the God who is the ultimate conjurer, or the God who is all-knowing, to and beyond the point that he can design a system that works in ways we are just beginning to understand through science - in some ways that by most expectations should be impossible. I suspect that these two versions of God are one and the same - but it is we who are seeing him differently. A God who can design the working biological cell is infinitely wise and powerful, in my current perception. But to one who remains ignorant or refuses to give credit to science, He would still look like the ultimate magician. I'm perfectly willing to accept that I may be wrong, but I find it really hard to believe that God would encourage us to learn about his creation, make it uncannily accommodating to discovery, and then expect us to disbelieve what we see.
Another excellent post.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Tell her this.

2 Peter 3:8

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Precisely.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Ringman][quote=FreeMe]. I'm perfectly willing to accept that I may be wrong, but I find it really hard to believe that God would encourage us to learn about his creation, make it uncannily accommodating to discovery, and then expect us to disbelieve what we see.

Bingo.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by TnBigBore
I'm perfectly willing to accept that I may be wrong, but I find it really hard to believe that God would encourage us to learn about his creation, make it uncannily accommodating to discovery, and then expect us to disbelieve what we see.

Bingo.

Yep. Nailed it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ringman - ya think it's possible that you could be more careful about how you quote me?

And If you're accusing me of being brainwashed, I find that kind of funny. The way I see it, you literalists are brainwashed, and so are the atheists.

If you so want to take Genesis literally, how about this passage?

Gen. 4:10
"But the LORD said, "What have you done? Listen! Your brother's blood cries out to me from the ground!

You suppose that was audible? What exactly do you think that phrase means?

Or - how about this...

Psalm 19:1-2
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge. "

I have yet to hear a recording of "sky speech" - but atheists should pay closer attention to what the heavens have been telling us. BTW - what do you think we should do about this passage, in light of what the heavens have been teaching us about the age of the universe and its beginning?

In 1956 a couple guys received the Nobel prize for discovering the earth "groans". Let me see. Where did I read about that? O yea. It's in Romans. But to answer your foolish question..... You anthropomorphize God. You think the Creator of the universe is limited to the senses you experience?

If I am anthropomorphizing God, why is he telling Cane to listen?

And you didn't answer my question about Psalm 19:1-2. What do we do with that? The heavens have been revealing a tale of a definite beginning....billions of years ago (by our measure). To deny this suggests that Satan has unlimited power to overrule God's vast message. He is the great deceiver - but that's giving him too much credit, I think. To go that far, we'd have to allow that he has the power to corrupt the word and the laws of God.

At this point in my studies, I have to question which God is greater - the God who is the ultimate conjurer, or the God who is all-knowing, to and beyond the point that he can design a system that works in ways we are just beginning to understand through science - in some ways that by most expectations should be impossible. I suspect that these two versions of God are one and the same - but it is we who are seeing him differently. A God who can design the working biological cell is infinitely wise and powerful, in my current perception. But to one who remains ignorant or refuses to give credit to science, He would still look like the ultimate magician. I'm perfectly willing to accept that I may be wrong, but I find it really hard to believe that God would encourage us to learn about his creation, make it uncannily accommodating to discovery, and then expect us to disbelieve what we see.

First I should remind you not to add to God's Word. God does not tell Cain to "listen". God is telling Cain what He hears. Not what Cain hears.

There are numerous people who have come accepted the reality of God by considering the heavenly bodies. I remember one African chief who, while worshiping the sun god, decided..."I am boss here. The witch doctor is second in command. Someday my son will be chief. We are no longer going to worship the sun god or any other god. We are going to worship the Boss God." I was in my early teens when I met the missionary who told me about this. He was an older guy. After he told them about Jesus his tribe, en masse accepted Jesus as the Boss God.

Based on this first like I think you need to appeal to God for wisdom. You can't seem to understand a lot of God's Word. God is Infinite. That includes not only neutral to nice, but all that we can conceive. The billions who died in The Flood would certainly say God is harsh. God tells us in His Word when a calamity occurs in a city He did it. Satan, despite his fantastic power, is a created being and has to beg his position before the most high.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Evolution deesn't require "devotion" to be accepted as a reality, as it's quite evident to anyone who's not pre-scientific in his thinking.

PS Is it your belief, based on your reading of the Bible, that women become pregnant by merely knowing a man?

"And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain ..." - Genesis 4:1

Remember, you have to take it plainly and literally. You're not allowed to apply your knowledge about how conception happens, filling in any gaps in the text with information about eggs, sperm, zygotes, etc., otherwise you're doubting the plain and literal word of God, and damnation will surely follow.
It seems you are trying to use the King James Bible translated in 1611 instead of The New American Standard which is modern to make a foolish point. The new Bible use "had relations". Repent.
How very progressive of you to allow Bibles in your home other than the good old King James Version.

You are aware, I assume, that your favorite Bible translation, The New American Standard Bible, says that Jesus is fallen from heaven, right? That's Satanic. Perhaps you should stick with the good old King James, like I do.

"“How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn! You have been cut down to the earth, You who have weakened the nations!" - NASB

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!" - KJV

Jesus is the Morning Star (Revelations 2:28), and your favorite Bible translation says he's thrown from heaven, i.e., that Jesus is Lucifer.

This is just one of many of the subtle Satanic deceptions found in that translation.

You reject God's Word and then have the audacity to accuse a Bible of being Satanic deception? There are lots of errors in the King James Version, but they didn't come from Satan. God sends a deluding influence on those who wish to believe a lie. You are deceived.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

God gave us time for our use. He says He gave us the sun, moon, and stars for days and years and signs and seasons. We are locked into time; at least for the present.

Everyday Hunter
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

You reject God's Word ...
Recognition that the Bible frequently teaches truth through metaphor isn't rejection of God's word.

Do you believe that God reached to the ground, picked up some dust in his hands, and molded it into a man? I don't think God wishes for us to turn off our higher mental faculties when we read his word. He gave them to us for a reason.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Recognition that the Bible frequently teaches truth through metaphor isn't rejection of God's word.

Do you believe that God reached to the ground, picked up some dust in his hands, and molded it into a man?

Do you believe a man that was beaten half to death by Roman soldiers, crucified, and stabbed in the heart with a spear just to make sure.......came back from the dead after three days and walked through a wall to say hi to his friends and let them know he was okay....among other things?

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RJY66

Do you believe that God reached to the ground, picked up some dust in his hands, and molded it into a man?

Do you believe a man that was beaten half to death by Roman soldiers, crucified, and stabbed in the heart with a spear just to make sure.......came back from the dead after three days and walked through a wall to say hi to his friends and let them know he was okay....among other things?

Nothing about that narrative was metaphorical.

Page 10 of 26 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,327 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,556
Posts18,473,040
Members73,940
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.