Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Damn Scott, I hope you heal strong.

Don't do something wrong and you'll be all set.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i didn't read the whole thing and realize you are pre-op.

ya, those nut pains are bad. like somebody slowly squeezing your nuts and then all of a sudden clamping down. thats the whatever-that-schit is called lining coming out into your sac along with some intestine maybe. i used to pop mine back in and that was a real treat. i lived like that for 3 or 4 months and then had it fixed. strangulation hernia is not something to fugg with. i'd take it real easy until you get in there.

My diploma is a DD214
S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I'm letting the wife help me pee too, so I don't have to left anything heavy. Still don't feel any bulge.

I think lifting my 70 pound, lame dog the past few days helped to speed things up.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I had inguinal hernia surgery in May 2000. Was out of work three weeks prior to surgery and back to work three weeks after surgery. Don't throw up or sneeze right after surgery....only advice I got!

Good luck, NYH1.

Take nothing I say personal, remember....it's just the interweb!

ROLLTIDE

YANKEE'S

new yorkistan SUCKS!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
You hurting before or after surgery?

No surgery yet. Been a pain for the past month, but came on stronger the last few days. Surgeon appointment is coming up in a few days.

It's the nut pain that is a real pain.

If you are hurting worse, you probably ought to go in now.

A hernia can cause strangulation of the intestine. It cuts the bloodflow off yo that part of the intestine, and it dies. Then the surgeon guts you, and inspects the rest of your intestines after cutting about 3-4 feet out in the dead area.

You don't want that.

You sure don't want the intestine rupturing either. They gut you completely and wash and clean all your intestines and clean you out inside, and put things back as best they can, and sew you up...

You don't want that either.

This ^^^ almost did me in trying to wait, if your shiit pops out the hole and swells,,you got biiig problems.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
This is the doctor that sent me for my ultra sound today. Ultra sound gal was 23, blonde and cute too. Might have to get these more often.

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I've got inguinals on both sides plus an umbillical right now. Was first diagnosed 6 years ago but doc said not to worry about them so long as they weren't bothering me/causing pain. The left one has been hurting now since April. Went in and told the doc I thought it was about time to take care of them back in early Sept.. He agreed and scheduled me for surgery in Dec. as I told him I didn't want to be laid up during hunting season. Doc tells me to expect to be out of work for 3 weeks.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was up and walking, a little hunched over a few hours after surgery. Upright and self propelled after about 3 days. Your doc will tell you not to lift any heavy weight for 30 days or so.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
This is the doctor that sent me for my ultra sound today. Ultra sound gal was 23, blonde and cute too. Might have to get these more often.

[Linked Image]

That will cause a hernia. Bust a nut, too.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'd go get that stuff stitched back together. There's really no other reasonable option. You can't live your life with your bowels wanting to punch down into your bag.

Surgery of any kind is only mentally disruptive until you're in pre-op and they shoot you in the arm with some Versed and Demerol. It's half over when that happens.

Just make the appointment,...get it done,..and go on about your life.

At most it's going to be a month,...maybe 6 weeks of disruption.

I wrecked my knee a few years ago. I kept putting it off,.....hoping it would get better. It didn't

I spent damn near a half of a year stumbling around when I could have been done with it in 6 weeks.

IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
S
I've had enough surgeries to not worry about them. Same surgeon cut on my wife last year.

I had to lie to the doc and told her 'I'm a grower not a shower'

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I've had enough surgeries to not worry about them. Same surgeon cut on my wife last year.

I had to lie to the doc and told her 'I'm a grower not a shower'

Well,....then you know.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had the surgery in July and took 5 weeks off post surgery. Very physical job and glad I did the 5 weeks. For 10 weeks it felt like a money was hanging on my right nut. Pretty common and some times the doc has to kill a nerve in your sack.

Last edited by sidepass; 10/23/18.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I hurt like hell for 2 weeks. Got a little better everyday after that. By 4 weeks I had no pain. Doc wouldn't let me lift until 5 weeks after surgery. She used the mesh on me also.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I had a double repaired with mesh 10 years ago. At that time the instructions were to not lift more than twenty pounds for 6 weeks. After that if I stretched too far in any direction I got a twinge but as I became more active it faded away.

What bugged me the most right before the surgery was going up stairs. I noticed coming down stairs was comfortable so I tried going up backwards. Made climbing stairs much more comfortable.

The surgeon told me the only people who had trouble with hernia surgery were the eager beavers trying to do too much too soon.

Good luck!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

No nookie for at least two weeks after surgery..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Patched up with mesh two years ago this December. Was back at work in two weeks with full duty in four. Most pain right afterwards was from sitting on the throne. You do not want to tear out the mesh before it takes hold, big mess to repair so heed the doctor's orders.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
It would be interesting to know how many folks used to die from strangulated hernias before sulfa drugs reduced the chance of infection from surgery in the mid thirties. Man, that would be a miserable way to go.

Well, thank God fer lowyers.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hurts like a SOB.

Those that have had the surgery, how long afterwards till you were good to go?

2 days. Not a big deal at all...Godspeed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I went home the same day and was able to slow walk around the block the next day.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

498 members (10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 160user, 2500HD, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,402 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,131
Posts18,502,620
Members73,989
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.