Print Thread
Hop To
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
This offer has been authorized by Jan du Plessis of Sebra Hunt Safaris.

I've been enjoying hunting in Namibia for a number of years, sometimes multiple trips a year. My wife and I have traveled/toured by car pretty extensively. What I'd like to do is offer up my services in putting together a small group of hunters who've always dreamed of going but, either have had no one to go with or have been a bit intimidated by the idea of traveling out of the US to the "dark continent" alone. I’m retired military (USAF Lt. Col.) and have traveled and lived overseas a LOT!

What I specifically want to offer is organizing a small group of 2-4 people who would like to go. I'll help coordinate the dates, routing, airfare and travel details, temp rifle import permits and be your personal guide there and back from a common US meet up location. I will pay my own way/expenses. I do not handle "the money" - that is directly between you and Jan.

I don't get a commission or a "cut" of the fees and I will not be one of the “hunters”. I might go along as an extra set of eyes and help track and recover game or I may be off doing something else from day-to-day as Jan and the situation requires. My only desire is to honestly help others achieve what may be a life long dream.

The place we've been going to is Sebra Hunting Safaris. A number of people here have hunted this property and surrounding area. It's about a 6-hr drive NW of the capital of Namibia in the northwestern mountains/highlands. It's about 50K acres of private land, all low-fenced, free range and fair chase. There are a couple of large (25k-30k+ acre) high fenced properties you might hunt on, depending on the species you're after. Our "group" will be the only ones on the property or "in camp", for the duration of the hunt.

I’ve copied a complete price list and details for 2018. Jan (PH) has said the 2018 rates will be the same for 2019. The normal 1x1 daily rate is $350.00 per person, per day and 2x1 is $275.00 p/p/d. He said if two or more come in the group the daily rate for all would be $275.00 p/d/d unless someone in the group wants to hunt exclusively 1x1.

I would recommend the length of a hunt be 10-days minimum, but can be whatever the group decides. Why? Because your going to spend the same money and time getting there and back if you hunt one day or twenty-one days. By taking a few extra days, you can be a bit more selective in the quality of the game you shoot. Other reason I recommend 10-days or more, is most people have 2-weeks of vacation a year. Given the time it takes to get there and back, you can make a 10-day hunt in a 14-15 day total vacation window depending on the airline routing/schedules.

I would recommend a flexible target time frame of July to no later than mid September. This is based on several things:
a) Generally lower airfare after 15 Aug
b) Temps and humidity can be uncomfortably warm and high early in the season (Feb-Apr) and still chance of rains that can make road/trails impassible due to flooding.
c) While it is nice to see it “green” in April/May, the extra vegetation can make game harder to locate. Plus, early in the season, the game is more scattered up in the mountains because they have good food supplies and plenty of water in potholes and small seasonal springs from the rainy season. By late July, the natural water in the mountains has dried up, forcing regular game movement between the mountains and permanent water points in the valleys.
d) Temps will be a bit more comfortable – lows in the 40’s, highs in the high 70’s low 80’s. After mid Sep, mid-day temps climb fast

Shooting/hunting pressure on the property is very light – only 6-10 “hunts” total per year.

Below is copied directly from Sebra’s 2018 Price Sheet. Again, Jan said prices for 2019 will be the same.

Sebra Hunting Safaris - Jan & Mariesje du Plessis
P.O. Box 146 Outjo, Namibia
Mobile: +264 81 2275604
Email: sebraiway.na

DAILY RATES AND TROPHY FEES:
* All prices are in U.S. Dollars
1 Hunter / 1 Guide (1 x 1) $350.00 per person per day
2 Hunters / 1 Guide (2 x 1) $275.00 per person per day
Observer $150.00 per person per day
*Arrival and departure days will count as transport days and will be charged at the observer rate.

2018 TROPHY FEES:
Giraffe $2000.00 Duiker $550.00
Eland $2750.00 Klipspringer $1750.00
Kudu $1750.00 Steenbok $500.00
Gemsbok $850.00 Damara dik-dik $2500.00
Springbok $650.00 Baboon $200.00
Blue Wildebeest $1650.00 Cheetah $3000.00
Black Wildebeest $1650.00 Spotted Hyena $1750.00
Red hartebeest $900.00 Brown Hyena $1750.00
Hartmann’s Zebra $1350.00 Caracal $650.00
Warthog $650.00 Jackal $50.00
Impala $850.00 Sable (Price on Request)
Waterbuck (Price on Request)
**Other species available on request**

Leopard package: (contact us for details)
14 days: $17,500.00
21 days: $21,500.00

GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
•Full room and board accommodation. •Issuing of permits for some species is subjected to changing quotas. •Lost, wounded game considered “taken” and charged at full price. • The issuing of permits for some species is subjected to quotas. •No hidden costs!

PRICES INCLUDE:
•Hunting permit. •PH services. •Use of hunting vehicles. •Initial preparation of trophies – skinning, salting/drying and delivery to local taxidermist. •Accommodation. •All meals, soft drinks, wine and beer. •Daily laundry and maid service •Government mandated 15% VAT on daily rates. •There are no hidden fees!

PRICES EXCLUDE:
•Any and all taxidermist fees. •Dipping, packing and shipping of trophies. •International phone calls. •Insurance and medical expenses. •Tips and Gratuities. •Hard alcohol/liquor

TERMS OF BUSINESS:
• Confirmation of a plains game hunt booking will require a deposit of $1500.00. • Confirmation of a leopard hunt booking will require a deposit of $3000.00. • The balance of the total daily rate is due 60-days prior to the start of your safari. •Trophy fees and any safari extras, are due and payable at the completion of your safari. • Payment must be paid in cash or wire transfer before leaving Namibia. Namibian banks do not accept non-Namibian based bank issued personal checks, travelers checks, cashiers checks, certified checks or money orders.

CANCELLATION POLICY:
• Safaris cancelled more than 180-days prior to scheduled safari date - 50% of the deposit will be refunded. • Safaris cancelled between 180-days and 60-days prior to scheduled safari date - no deposit will be refunded. • Safaris cancelled less than 60-days prior to scheduled safari date - total daily rate will be forfeited unless the client finds a replacement. • Rescheduling, instead of refunding, is possible on a case by case and alternate open dates available.

GB1

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Iv'e got this same offer posted on another hunting site. I'm cross linking this here so that people can see testimonials from several long time members there whom have hunted with Sebra over the years. Sebra Hunts Offer

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
I've had a few inquiries. This does NOT have to be a full group of four. Could be just an individual who'd like to make their first trip and has no one to go with. Could be just a couple of buddies, father/son, father/daughter, husband/wife etc.

This can also be some hunting and sightseeing. Windhoek, the capital city, is good for a couple of days. Swakopmund/Walvis Bay on the Skeleton Coast is good for a couple of days. Fish River Canyon, second largest canyon on the planet, with a stop in Sossusvlei along the way is good for a couple of days. Etosha National Park is good for a day and an overnight.

Can fly up to Victoria Falls for a couple of days and include a day-trip or overnight to Chobe National Park. Lots of options beside/including hunting.

M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Have been talking to Jan and wanted to update on this post. He currently has openings for late May, late June, late July and late Aug thru all of Sep. He'd like to fill up the rest of his calender so....

He said that anyone who books and confirms via deposit BEFORE 1 Apr 2019, will get 25% off the daily rate. Game fees remain the same. That is nearly $1000.00 discount on a 1x1 10-day hunt. He hasn't offered a daily rate like this since 2010. This offer is the same if I'm your guide over or you go on your own.

Last edited by M3taco; 01/16/19.
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Just a point of clarification - you don't have to conduct your hunt before 1 Apr, you just have to book and confirm your dates by 1 Apr. Your actual hunting can be done anytime during the 2019 season he has open dates for.

IC B2

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’ve hunted FOUR times with Sebra and am going on #5 this May. I’ve posted Hunt Reports on Accurate Reloading, complete with lots of trophy pictures.

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Want to pass along a little update.

He said that anyone who books and confirms via deposit BEFORE 1 Apr 2019, will get 25% off the daily rate. Game fees remain the same. That is nearly $1000.00 discount on a 1x1 10-day hunt. He hasn't offered a daily rate like this since 2010. This offer is the same if I'm your guide over or you go on your own.

Still a window open for this June but, airfares for June bookings have taken their normal high season price increase. When I originally posted this, airfares for this June could still be booked, depending on city of origin, for $1500 or less r/t. Right now, it's difficult to still find economy class seats for this June for under $2500 r/t. If you check yourself, be very careful because a number of lower cost airline offers, those airlines don't allow firearms or charge $100-$200 extra per rifle case each way.

I've asked Jan to pencil my wife and I in for a two week window the last two weeks of this Aug to the first two weeks of this Sep. Airline tickets can still be had for the normal "shoulder season" prices of $1500 or a little under. We're leaving this sliding window open till around mid May to allow anyone else who'd like to go to fit their schedule into that window. Once we purchase our tickets, our dates will be locked. Others will still be welcome but, will have to match our dates.

I am still willing to go with anyone who'd still like to go this Jun or remaining open dates this Aug or Sep.

As always, feel free to PM or public post with any questions.

Last edited by M3taco; 03/24/19.
M
M3taco Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
M
Quick update - I've committed to mid Jun hunt but, Jan still has some windows open for late Aug-early Sept.

He has also extended the 25% discount on the daily rates for anyone who books a hunt from now to the end of next year's (2020) hunting season and confirms/locks the trip by paying a deposit by the end of 2019. The discount means the daily rate for a 1x1 hunt will be $262.50 and 2x1 will be $206.25 per day. Trophy fees are unchanged.

Last edited by M3taco; 05/12/19.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

148 members (41rem, 2ndwind, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, 450yukon, 1_deuce, 22 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,706
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.