Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Success comes from having the proper aim as well as the .380 ammunition.

GB1

Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Remember when troops were issued the .38 special revolver and could not stop natives high on drugs? Only the 1911 worked.

Umm, pretty sure you don't "remember" it either, since that was almost 120 years ago. Big difference between hearing about something and remembering it; stop being pretentious.
Also, the 1911 was never used in that conflict.

Here's a good link about it: http://www.morolandhistory.com/related%20articles/legend%20of%20.45.htm

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nor was the .38 Special used, but instead it was the .38 Colt.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Marginal but not inadequate. I think with the current subcompact 9MM's available there is not much need for .380's. My girlfriend who is not a hard core gun person and does not have especially strong hands likes her Ruger LC9 and shoots it well. She doesn't think the recoil is bad and operates the slide without too much trouble. I think a .380 would be only slightly easier to handle, especially if it was a blow back action.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What is the story on pink bullets?

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by whelennut
What is the story on pink bullets?

I see some red but not pink. And I am not colorblind.

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Let me say if I was a criminal at 50 yards from you and you pulled a .380 on me I would laugh at you. Of course I would never be a criminal but might need to save a life or children. Empty your magazine and I need one shot. Criminals can get better guns so you are looking at an AR or a shotgun. Puny toy against large guns or huge teeth and claws. The gun can crack a cracker so it is deadly.

Recurrent psychotic episodes
Placebo-controlled trials of both first and second generation antipsychotic drugs consistently demonstrate the superiority of active drug to placebo in suppressing psychotic symptoms.[11] A large meta-analysis of 38 trials of antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia acute psychotic episodes showed an effect size of about 0.5.[16] There is little or no difference in efficacy among approved antipsychotic drugs, including both first- and second-generation agent,

You float through a haze so I would need a larger gun to have an effect. You need to be on drugs to think a .380 will save you. Remember when troops were issued the .38 special revolver and could not stop natives high on drugs? Only the 1911 worked.
I shoot a friends .380 a lot and to keep all hits on a man size target at 10 yards is a chore. It has power and can break paper. Might chip a tooth too. To really kill it needs a 16" bayonet.

you must be on drugs. the problem with the natives was a .38long, not a 38special. they went back to .45colt as that problem in the phillipines was just a few years before development of the 1911. and if you can't hit a man size target with a .380 at ten yards, go see the doctor for the hand palsy.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Let me say if I was a criminal at 50 yards from you and you pulled a .380 on me I would laugh at you. Of course I would never be a criminal but might need to save a life or children. Empty your magazine and I need one shot. Criminals can get better guns so you are looking at an AR or a shotgun. Puny toy against large guns or huge teeth and claws. The gun can crack a cracker so it is deadly.

Placebo-controlled trials of both first and second generation antipsychotic drugs consistently demonstrate the superiority of active drug to placebo in suppressing psychotic symptoms.[11] A large meta-analysis of 38 trials of antipsychotic drugs in schizophrenia acute psychotic episodes showed an effect size of about 0.5.[16] There is little or no difference in efficacy among approved antipsychotic drugs, including both first- and second-generation agent,

You float through a haze so I would need a larger gun to have an effect. You need to be on drugs to think a .380 will save you. Remember when troops were issued the .38 special revolver and could not stop natives high on drugs? Only the 1911 worked.
I shoot a friends .380 a lot and to keep all hits on a man size target at 10 yards is a chore. It has power and can break paper. Might chip a tooth too. To really kill it needs a 16" bayonet.

I was wrong about the .38 special of course and they did bring out the .45 Colt first. I do not know the .38 Colt but it would not be better then a .38 S&W in any case. The .380 is not better. Now what would be better then a .45 Colt? yes they bring out old SA Army guns. The ACP was later.
But all accounts of police armed with the .38 special were out gunned by bad guys so it went out. Is the nine better? No, just more rounds. Then the .41 for police, too much recoil. It failed too.It comes down to more rounds with the nine now since recoil is a nasty thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On Monday, I could have killed a juvy bull moose that came up in front of the cabin and didn’t see me standing there until he got to within about 12 yards. I could have easily gotten inside his OODA loop with a traumatic brain injury from the Glock 42 loaded with Buffalo Bore that was in my front pocket. Also, I’m no Bill Hickok, but a blind person could have made a double lung shot with the classic broadside the moose gave me at 15 yards. (BTW, I had been gun hunting and didn’t want the rifle banging up my 9mm pistol on my right hip, so I was pocket carrying the .380 that day.) Ultimately, we parted on amicable terms. I kinda like the clunky critters hanging around and I try not to bother them like some Yellowstone N.P. touron.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After reading only the first three pages I decided to come to the very end, assuming the rest of the pages contained the same absurdity and worthless input, so that I could post my comment. This thread contains some of the most ridiculous content ever. The emotions displayed because another poster disagrees is almost beyond comprehension.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
On Monday, I could have killed a juvy bull moose that came up in front of the cabin and didn’t see me standing there until he got to within about 12 yards. I could have easily gotten inside his OODA loop with a traumatic brain injury from the Glock 42 loaded with Buffalo Bore that was in my front pocket. Also, I’m no Bill Hickok, but a blind person could have made a double lung shot with the classic broadside the moose gave me at 15 yards. (BTW, I had been gun hunting and didn’t want the rifle banging up my 9mm pistol on my right hip, so I was pocket carrying the .380 that day.) Ultimately, we parted on amicable terms. I kinda like the clunky critters hanging around and I try not to bother them like some Yellowstone N.P. touron.

smile

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
jimmyp Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J

I was wrong about the .38 special of course and they did bring out the .45 Colt first. I do not know the .38 Colt but it would not be better then a .38 S&W in any case. The .380 is not better. Now what would be better then a .45 Colt? yes they bring out old SA Army guns. The ACP was later.
But all accounts of police armed with the .38 special were out gunned by bad guys so it went out. Is the nine better? No, just more rounds. Then the .41 for police, too much recoil. It failed too.It comes down to more rounds with the nine now since recoil is a nasty thing.

BFR please explain the fact that the difference in found in IIRC over 2500 shootings was very small between the 45 ACP and the 380 Auto? Like the man said, your entitled to your own opinion but not to your own facts.

Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

298 members (16penny, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 17CalFan, 257robertsimp, 1_deuce, 34 invisible), 2,393 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,239
Posts18,485,860
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.