Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Reading this thread is enlightening.

What the fug ever happened to common courtesy? I have no problem taking my foot off the gas when I see a car coming down the on ramp on a converging vector. Something about constant bearing, closing range? Might even tap the brake once in a while.

WTF, OMG, I might have to hit resume on the cruise! Well if my rig had cruise, I might.

I never saw any importance to making sure the dirty bastard gets on the road behind me instead of ahead of me. But then I never had any use for the ignorant asswholes who, in gridlock, pass fifty cars in a lane they know is ending, and then think they have a right to shove their way into the lane in front of the cars they just passed,

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Just let em on the highway.

The life you save might be mine.

I am MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by muffin
This is the latest rage in Florida..............

[Linked Image]

New outlet malls have hit a plateau here......

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Originally Posted by deltakid
Hijacking a little bit, who in hell came up with the flashing yellow left turn arrow at a stop light. I waited my turn, I should get a green light and not have to try and sandwich myself in between oncoming traffic.

There is no ā€œIā€ in Team, sir.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Reading this thread is enlightening.

What the fug ever happened to common courtesy? I have no problem taking my foot off the gas when I see a car coming down the on ramp on a converging vector. Something about constant bearing, closing range? Might even tap the brake once in a while.

WTF, OMG, I might have to hit resume on the cruise! Well if my rig had cruise, I might.

I never saw any importance to making sure the dirty bastard gets on the road behind me instead of ahead of me. But then I never had any use for the ignorant asswholes who, in gridlock, pass fifty cars in a lane they know is ending, and then think they have a right to shove their way into the lane in front of the cars they just passed,

Like I said the first one happend in Chicago no room to slow down, no room to move over, then this bitch chews my wife out cause she can't drive or read the sign that say merge

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I saw red light-green light signals at the end of the incoming yield ramps on the interstate in Denver. First I've seen of that. And I thought Atlanta had some wierd shlt.

Guess I ran several red lights.

But I merged in respectfully.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by mark shubert
I've got a "blind" merge lane - going to the ranch. Due to the curve, and elevation - you can not see behind you, on the interstate.
Folks on the intersate can see you for a while, however - but some don't give you room - even if they can!
F'em - I'm coming out, unless I see (at the last minute) that they're blocked!
I've been known to run up the shoulder, a few times, when necessary - and many when not necessary - if the A-holes would show a bit of courtesy - it would be different!
The "I OWN this lane" attitude is WAY to prevalent as opposed to courtesy, and common sense, anymore.

Wrecks kill even the innocent.

+1

Most of the entrance ramps around me were designed with poor visibility and without acceleration lanes. Most people are good about moving over or adjusting their speed to allow a gap to open. Some people are really slow to figure things out or are too lazy to turn of their cruise control or are just [bleep]. A few times a year I'll have a close call. Some people will pull their front wheel up to my door just as I'm running out of lane at 65 mph. Sometimes there are no good choices and you have to cut in front of someone. A little give and take goes a long way.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Biggest problem around here is people don't understand you have to be going the same speed or faster than traffic to merge. So many try to do it 15-20 mph slower. I'll always move to theleft if I can. If I can't, I'll leave plenty of room for a person to merge. MERGE. I'm not coming to a stop so some stupid driver can pull into traffic going 20mph slower than everyone else. Eat the guardrail if you can't get the concept or stay off the interstate. See lots of people attempting to merge while on the brake.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had to stop on the entrance ramp recently. The car a head of me was planning on a 45 mph merge into 75 mph traffic. I just waited a bit for room and stepped on that vertical pedal, even a focus can get up in the 80's in a few seconds.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

State law in Missouri requires that you yield to through traffic when entering (merging) onto the highway. Start thinking at the top of the down ramp and work your way into traffic. Forcing the through traffic to change lanes to avoid you only creates additional safety issues when the trough traffic has to change lanes too. Yield means yield not move over here I come. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

State law in Missouri requires that you yield to through traffic when entering (merging) onto the highway. Start thinking at the top of the down ramp and work your way into traffic. Forcing the through traffic to change lanes to avoid you only creates additional safety issues when the trough traffic has to change lanes too. Yield means yield not move over here I come. GW

This!!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
In the end best look out for yourself.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drive a big truck,or maybe an Abrams tank and they won't do that.

More than once.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Whelenman
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

This!!!!

Exactly!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Driver education used to be offered in public schools in Texas. I'm not sure when that stopped, but you sure can tell watching idiots "merging" onto a freeway. People around here think you use hand signals to negotiate a four-way stop. They have NO idea how it's supposed to work. Add to that all the people who don't have time to pay attention to what they're doing because their phone calls and texts are more important than driving their POS crossovers and minivans.

I used to think I wanted to have a Corvette---even if only for a year or so and then resell it. These days I wonder where I'd like to be stuck in a gaggle of phone chatting, texting, throttle-monkey morons who have never imagined driving a steady speed and whose first inclination for any situation is to stand on the brakes. Driving is absolutely NO fun anymore, at least not in my neck of the woods.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Driver education used to be offered in public schools in Texas. I'm not sure when that stopped, but you sure can tell watching idiots "merging" onto a freeway. People around here think you use hand signals to negotiate a four-way stop. They have NO idea how it's supposed to work. Add to that all the people who don't have time to pay attention to what they're doing because their phone calls and texts are more important than driving their POS crossovers and minivans.

I used to think I wanted to have a Corvette---even if only for a year or so and then resell it. These days I wonder where I'd like to be stuck in a gaggle of phone chatting, texting, throttle-monkey morons who have never imagined driving a steady speed and whose first inclination for any situation is to stand on the brakes. Driving is absolutely NO fun anymore, at least not in my neck of the woods.

Yep. I'm on a bike 50% of the time. Talk about having your head on a swivel. I trust no one. If only they would use their blinker and stick to most common traffic laws. Old people and texters are equally as bad. Had someone turn right from the left lane right in front of me today. That's bad enough but they didn't use their blinker so I had no warning about their idiotic move. I hate 4 way stops because you have those who don't know who have the ROW and others who never stop. It's like russian roulette some days. Round abouts are new here. Great for traffic flow once everyone knows how to use them, but man the learning curve is steep.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You can tell the out of staters driving thru the Bay Area of Northern Kommiefornia.

They aren't used to driving 70mph bumper to bumper five lanes wide.

Not to mention coming to a complete stop in the middle of the Freeway while doing that 70mph.

For some reason Ive become th desginated driver in the family for most folks over 60 that need to get to and from SFO International.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And dont get me start on the Asian ladies in the SFO metro area driving 35 in a 65 in their $100k Mercedes.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 5sdad
And then you have the morons who somehow got an engineering degree who design situations where you have some people entering from a clover leaf (accelerating) and those exiting onto a clover leaf (decelerating) are supposed to co-exist in the same lane.
LMAO... YEP... That I-94/694/494 cloverleaf - going west on 94 and trying to go south on 494.. Too many times I've been within millimeters of being killed by a-hole mudduck drivers... I refuse to use that cloverleaf ever since the last nightmare about 2 years ago; I just take Radio Drive south to Lake and go west to enter 494 from there..

Whoever designed that intersection might be forgiven - since, at the time, traffic was about 1/10 of what it is now.. But it needs to be totally redesigned and rebuilt NOW. You can't believe the backlog of vehicles trying to get on that cloverleaf most times of the day now..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Couple weeks ago during evening rush hour, a semi rig merged onto the highway- not in front of me, not behind me, but instead into the exact space I occupied. I was hemmed in- cars on my front and rear bumper and cars stacked to my left. I stood on my brakes and stood on my horn, and braced myself for imminent death. To this day I don't know how I and the folks around me avoided a catastrophic incident. Such incidents are certainly not newsworthy around here, and after a bit of cussing you can usually put them out of mind. What really pissed me off though was the driver of the semi sticking his arm out the window and flipping me off after the dust settled. I guess there really is a reason why it's illegal here for me to keep a loaded .45 in the car...

Yield means yield, period dammit. And if it's totally impossible to merge then that yield sign translates into a stop sign if need be.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

383 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 257 mag, 1936M71, 160user, 270wsmnutt, 31 invisible), 12,256 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,234
Posts18,544,195
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.