Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No senate race this time but our new governor and both US reps are Republicans. US Rep Mike Simpson won his 11th term in congress. Almost all the top state jobs went to reds. One exception is the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Once again it shows how liberals control our school system.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It appears that most members overlook the fact that their Statehouse has a lot more impact on their lives than the U S House of Representitives........ both for the good and the bad.

Keeping the U S Senate was important because of Judicial appointments.

Losing the U S House - where ALL spending bills MUST originate - means not as much money will be spent. I kind of like that.

Most of the State offices here in Texas were decided in the Republican Primary and I kind of like that as well.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vandersloot endorsed the dem candidate for Super, which is a big influence on the mormon vote on the east side of the state. Still to close to call, however.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Here come the Californians!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Iowa stayed red, too, in very tight races so we better get out there the next two years and convince voters that conservatism is the only sane way to govern.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Unfortunately that is all too true. Saw way too many Paulette Jordan yard signs this time around – she was the Democrat candidate for governor.

Apparently Boise, ID is the new specific destination for Southern Californians wanting to escape the sh*thole they live in but wanting to bring the exact same attitudes that created that sh*thole with them. Seems Portland and Seattle are already sh*tholes due to an overabundance of Californication but Boise is touted as such a nice place to raise a family. Guess what? It’s that way because of conservative people with conservative values, not your f*cking liberal PC bulls*t Subaru drivers with “Blue Girl in a Red State” bumper stickers. We’ve had mass migrations of people in the 90’s and early 2000’s but it’s getting really bad now. Not a dig at folks like persiandog who want to come to a conservative state (for now at least) because they want to live in a conservative state, but that whole "oh, a lovely unspoiled paradise - lets F*CK it up with blind stupidity!" attitude.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What Jim said. Also, Boise's mayor is a moronic democrat who hasn't met a development he didn't like, and loves spending other peoples money (no surprise there). For example, $100 million to replace a perfectly good library with a modern work of art that won't function as a working library anymore. Or to build a baseball stadium inside the city limits when the team already has a perfectly good stadium in a prime location.

Regards,

Tom
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
About 2/3 of Boise is in the 2d congressional district. Simpson won but I haven't seen the precinct map yet. How did he do in Boise against a Boise liberal?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
No senate race this time but our new governor and both US reps are Republicans. US Rep US Rep Mike Simpson won his 11th term in congress. Almost all the top state jobs went to reds. One exception is the Superintendent of Public Instruction. Once again it shows how liberals control our school system.

That anyone can "serve" 11 terms is a big part of what's wrong with DC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

They're already here Jim.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by curdog4570
It appears that most members overlook the fact that their Statehouse has a lot more impact on their lives than the U S House of Representitives........ both for the good and the bad.

Keeping the U S Senate was important because of Judicial appointments.

Losing the U S House - where ALL spending bills MUST originate - means not as much money will be spent. I kind of like that.

Most of the State offices here in Texas were decided in the Republican Primary and I kind of like that as well.

You're kidding...right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

The liberals are like locusts. They destroy where they are, complain about what they themselves destroy, and then move to somewhere good until they destroy it.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade

Youse guys better quit bragging!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
About 2/3 of Boise is in the 2d congressional district. Simpson won but I haven't seen the precinct map yet. How did he do in Boise against a Boise liberal?

Trying unsuccessfully so far to find a map by precincts but the Ada county results for Congressional representative are D-Swisher 59.1% and R-Simpson 40.9%. Meridian and Eagle are the north and west epicenters of the migration in Ada. The North End has been a liberal area for some time but the developments like Harris Ranch and that area are spreading the stain eastward. Fortunately the rest of Idaho still outweighs that but Blaine County (Sun Valley of course) and Teton County right next to Jackson Hole also went blue.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I never encourage Californians to move here.

Just ask Salmonila.....he hates me for my distrust of Californians and the communism they bring with them everywhere they infiltrate.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I grew up being told that a Californian was the lowest form of life on the planet. As I grew older, travelled a lot and gain in experience, I thought maybe I should learn to be more tolerant. Trouble was, all the evidence seemed to support what I had been told as a kid.California immigrants are often arrogant, condescending, and, worst of all, liberal. Having said this, I once worked with a guy who was a second generation Californian with his family having migrated from Oklahoma. Although he would be forever branded as a Californian, he fit into Idaho pretty well. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Idaho is the fastest growing state in the union. Good luck with that. They killed our state and Washington, they're coming for yours in record numbers. they'll start with Boise, then expand to a mayorship in another large town, then pick up a seat here and there, changing policy, writing stupid edicts, demanding conformity, pushing sanctuary status, revamping schools,appoint appoint appoint.

Sickening how it happens and a state full of conservatives that understand hard work is lost to the ass hole liberals, forever.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yes! lets stop endorsing this place before we become like neighboring states.

The population growth has already negatively affected this area, nothing good about it. In some ways severely.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by 700LH

Yes! lets stop endorsing this place before we become like neighboring states.

Hehehe!

Well, one thing is for sure....dont come to Blaine County.

Its really, really poor and really liberal....apparently.

That Obamacare bit really helped up here. Now the whole town is on Medicaid.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Back in the mid-90's during the first big migration one of the columnists at the Idaho Statesman wrote a column title something like "We need more potato jokes". IIRC Forbes and other nationwide magazines were touting Boise as one of the top 10 cities in the nation and mostly in the top five for quality of life. Before that Idaho was the state folks couldn't find on a map and confused with Iowa. His contention was that we needed to reinforce the idea that the state was nothing but hicks and potatoes with little of value for the sophisticated urbanite.

I still think we need to make Napolean Dynamite 2, where Napolean, Kip and Uncle Rico all become Nazi skinheads and plant bombs at Bed, Bath and Beyond stores across Idaho...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (338reddog, 79S, 2ndwind, 257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 20 invisible), 1,614 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,286
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.