Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
In Missouri, if you have rabbits, you have deer and everything else. That’s good country side out there. I have to think there is at least one or two wayward deer roaming about.
Btw, hello to you too Diamond Jim. Hope you get out and have a nice hunt.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Be hunting some new ground this year and looking forward to it as it's my own. Last spring bought 55 acres between Sedalia and Boonville. Be myself, Dad, brother and 2 nephews. Youngest brother will be hunting his new 20 acres over by Rocheport. He's had does coming down through by the woods just below the house. He said he'd step off the patio before he shoots. laugh

Last edited by Heeler; 11/08/18.

He went over yonder way
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by cra1948
Well, I'll be going out to Missouri for, hopefully, a little deer hunting and maybe some duck hunting next week. Both of my boys live out there now with their families and I am going for a visit. They are located in, I think, Randolph County, around Huntsville. I've only been out there once before, and that time all we hunted were rabbits, but we sure got a pile of them. I'd sure like to come across some of those fox squirrels as well, the ones they tell me are as big as house cats. No matter what, I'll have fun with my boys and the grandkids.

spent about 17years hunting that area. great deer hunting and the best duck and goose hunting in the state is 30 miles away. enjoy your visit

FJB
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
On the way up for the opener now. My buddy says we have 1-2" of snow on the ground at our farm in Caldwell county.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
that should be true. got 3/4" in western st charles county and still snowing lightly. good luck

FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm probably the only Missouri resident that leaves the state on opening weekend. It is Kansas opening weekend of pheasant/quail season. I'd much rather shoot a rooster than any deer.

Have had some big bucks in the yard over the last month. Wife might shoot at one if they happen to be out in her comings and goings.

I get to work in Utah next week, so if I even bother loading a rifle it will be for next weekend.

Deer were sure moving last night when I came home from work, the cold front hit, and saw multiple groups out feeding about 4pm, which is rare for that particular drive I make.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
#1 on my list for this season.

[Linked Image]host images

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had this one around me for 7 hours on opening g day last year. Looks to be a little wider but still has that 3x4 frame. See what he looks like in person if he shows up. Still looks a bit young to me w flat back and belly not sagging .

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This one should be good in a couple years.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Cheesy
I'm probably the only Missouri resident that leaves the state on opening weekend. It is Kansas opening weekend of pheasant/quail season. I'd much rather shoot a rooster than any deer.

Have had some big bucks in the yard over the last month. Wife might shoot at one if they happen to be out in her comings and goings.

I get to work in Utah next week, so if I even bother loading a rifle it will be for next weekend.

Deer were sure moving last night when I came home from work, the cold front hit, and saw multiple groups out feeding about 4pm, which is rare for that particular drive I make.

Isn't that cuz you'se be a transplant. grin

My uncle who grew up in KS but now lives in Lee's Summit does the same thing.

He went over yonder way
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Camping now in Shannon county. I hung a stand yesterday in a promising spot. Gonna be brisk. Bundle up!

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Should be good in Macon County this year with the cold temps and the bucks doing some chasing.

Grammar is important.
Capitol letters are the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" & "helping your uncle jack off a horse".
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Snow is about gone and it is going to be cold overnight. 15 degrees here. Wish I was tent camping.Good luck everyone

I've always been different with one foot over the line.....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Everybody be careful in their travels this morning. I am headed to our place in Benton County hopefully one of the bucks we have been getting on camera shows up today.

Good luck to all who are headed out.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Everybody be careful in their travels this morning. I am headed to our place in Benton County hopefully one of the bucks we have been getting on camera shows up today.

Good luck to all who are headed out.

We that answers my question in your buck thread on where you hunt. Myself I took a doe yesterday, had 9 come by me throughout the day. Had one young buck cruise by at first light, that was the only buck I saw. Great opening weekend in my opinion.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I hunted Ray country. Great opening weekend. Passed up 4 or 5 small bucks both days including a 140 class 10 pointer most people would have tagged, but I know there is a bigger one out there. Really hoping that nice 10 pt buck would find it's way in front of my daughter, but it didn't. We will give it a go again later in the week.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mogwai
Originally Posted by skeen
I'm pretty excited. I'll be hunting public land in Morgan county, Lamine River Conservation Area. This will be my 5th year there. It gets a good amount of pressure, but I've somehow managed to get 4 bucks there the last 4 years.

I'll be up there with several other guys. One of whom has a wall tent with wood burning stove. Get a buck or not, it's always a fun time. smile

We are heading there Thursday to set up camp and do some scouting.

I was present when river otters were released at the Lamine River bridge some 35 years ago. Would greatly appreciate seeing some pictures of your camp, and the river if you could post them

The water is low this year, mogwai. The snow was a bit of a surprise. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Last edited by skeen; 11/11/18.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
shot an 11 point on Saturday afternoon. wife has passed on several small bucks. headed back thursday

FJB
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
If things work out right on fri, I should be in the stand around 3 at the latest. This will be in southern Festus which is about a 30 min drive from my house. Will be my last rifle season hunt. I am hoping to get out in the alternative weapon hunt later on and back out at some point with my crossbow over Christmas break if I can make it happen.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (anothergun, Amos63, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 12 invisible), 1,645 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,448
Posts18,528,824
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.