Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I just came home from my company retirement party. They presented me with a small tin box form Cabelas..

So now, I am trying to think about what I should buy from Cabelas. I already have every rifle I could ever want and then some. I am thinking more along the lines of a nice over and under or side by side. Maybe I could throw a few more bills at it as need be.

What suggestions has the "Campfire?"

Congratulations on your retirement. What ever you decide to buy, you better do it soon. Every time I look at my Wish List another item (or 3) has been discontinued. I was looking on their website today for hunting pants and the pickin's are pretty slim.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I just got online, plenty of used guns.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by hanco
I just got online, plenty of used guns.

didn't work for me last week. I'll try again. Thanks.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Yup, it works for me today. Thanks again.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I gotten several good deals from them, a Kleinguenther K-15 for 400.00, another engraved K-15 for 1400.00, an Iver Henriksen rifle for 600.00, and nice pre 64 model 70 for 800.00. Sometimes the people they have pricing the rifles don’t know what they are doing. Sometimes they are way overpriced.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sounds like you’re set on gear... perhaps you could put the funds towards one of their hunting or fishing trips?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks to everyone for spending some time on this thread. I appreciate the well wishes and the suggestions. I was thinking used shotguns out of the library. Those Beretta's Silver Pigeons are nice, but they start around a couple of grands. I'm more than set with all my fishing gear. I have dozens of beautiful bamboo and graphite fly rods and reels, when I went on a collecting splurge. Same with bait casting, spinning and salt water. My wife keeps getting on me to clean out my man cave upstairs with all the "loot." My knife collection is overflowing, (many came from Cabelas over the years) and I just ask my wife about the electric meat grinder, but she is happy with her hand crank model. I only have a couple of really nice SXS shotguns (12 and 20ga) an 870 (28ga) and my dad's old 16ga Stevens. But I just gave my only O/U to my son, so I might be in the market for a nice 28 or 16ga)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
With some of the gun prices I've seen there, I'd say get a used .22 single shot. Man!...... You must have done some great work in your career to warrant that retirement gift! When I retired from the US Government, all I got was a plaque, a flag from the Capital (which was cool), and a cheap Chinese clock! I did get a nice gift from my co-workers, but not 1000 bucks! To tell you the truth, I didn't want anything from the Government but a monthly check! Retirement's great, but it takes a while to adjust to doing your own thing! I used to jump awake at 5:00 am thinking I was late for work......going back to sleep was sweet though!

Last edited by reivertom; 11/13/18.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I think I'm really liking this Franchi 20ga . . . price is right too!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Y
yhc Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Are you a Cabela's club member? If so I think they are having an "invitation only" event this Sunday evening. Most of items will be on 10% off sale and on firearms purchase you will get 2X club points. Might as well get the most bang for your buck.

Regards,

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
What to buy from Cabelas with $1000?

From what I've seen of their prices lately, probably one coat.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Timing is great. Cabela's holiday flyer should be coming out in the next couple weeks.

Their Black Friday Ad is already out, and it sucks as it's a BPS/Cabelas Black Friday Ad. Good thing I'm out of country and the wife doesn't need to buy me a gift from there this year. smile

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by yhc
Are you a Cabela's club member? If so I think they are having an "invitation only" event this Sunday evening. Most of items will be on 10% off sale and on firearms purchase you will get 2X club points. Might as well get the most bang for your buck.

Regards,

Yes, excellent. I Just saw that the Oklahoma City Store has a sweet little Dickinson 28ga SXS. I think I'm going down there to take a look.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by OrangeOkie; 11/14/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by centershot
Originally Posted by seattlesetters
Winchester Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5 Creedmoor.

Congrats on your retirement!

Doubt any collection is too big to add one of those to it. Maybe a trip through the Gun Library would turn up something classy. (Doesn't hurt to look at the used guns online also - they can ship store to store for you)

Congrats.

Cabala's gun libraries are history.

Really? Then there really is no reason to go into one of there stores again..............

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Hudge
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Timing is great. Cabela's holiday flyer should be coming out in the next couple weeks.

Their Black Friday Ad is already out, and it sucks as it's a BPS/Cabelas Black Friday Ad. Good thing I'm out of country and the wife doesn't need to buy me a gift from there this year. smile

That's a shame, and tells me that BPS f'd it up.

As close as I live to a big Basspro, I don't buy a lot there. Mostly because of their prices. Would have to be a huge sale for me to buy a gun there.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Since they don't sell booze or hookers, you might as well buy that 28 gauge SxS

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
That's the way I'm leaning Fireball. Or there is a nice Uberti model 73 Winchester in .45 Colt on there too. I'd get more use out of the shotgun though. I've already got a model 92.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I left my 28 gauge SxS home yesterday and thought I'd do some stunt shooting with the .410 for grouse. Came home empty handed! Never miss with the 28!

LOL
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

marshmallow circus peanuts
red liquorice
jack links jerky
few packs of roostertails
some louana peanut oil

fuggit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’m with the gun library crowd. I had 2 shipped in there last month. At the most it would cost $25 each to check them out. One place didn’t even charge me. They also dropped $150 off the one I bought.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

158 members (10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 16 invisible), 1,633 guests, and 994 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,119
Posts18,483,588
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.