Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
S
Almost every family has at least one pain in the butt relative nobody wants over for the holidays.my wife and me are lucky that the REAL pain in the butt ones,(drunks) have died off from liver disease,car wrecks,etc.BUT,
we have one left, my wifes step mother.she is a gibbering,bableing nut job that shows up late,never shuts up,and turns into:
THE THING THAT WOULDN'T LEAVE.
Anyone else have a real piece of work they dread seeing over the holidays?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No. But we are the things that won't leave! laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm the screwball deplorable who voted for Trump in my family.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
thanksgiving and xmas can be two of the most stressful times of the year. memorial day, 4th of july, and labor day not so much.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Wife and I are 2,000+ miles from any relations. Have been for a long long time, and damn it's nice. Any time someone comes to visit they are on best behavior because

#1 I am not shy of giving anyone the boot from my place if they piss me off, and

#2 if they misbehave it'll be years before they ever have the chance to see us or our kids again.

I don't subscribe to the thought process that grandparents, aunts, whatever have any right to see my kids or be in their lives. They are mine and my wife's responsibility. We do what we think is best, and that includes not having rude, mouthy, uppity, snarky, or just azzhole relatives around.

MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have two brother in laws

1. Has to have his own specially made for him dressing/stuffing....he doesnt like onions or celery or sage in his. JFC

2. The other one- he claims he is allergic to chocolate and frosting. Just wants the cake part of the coconut cake we traditionally serve at family dinners. So one of the women has to make him just fuggin plain white cupcakes.

If the women of the family want to coddle them, they can can- and they have.

3. Mother in law is doppleganger of Edith Bunker. Whiney, OCD bout everything

No real political probs with except the cupcake brother in law. He is a "non voter"- but is a hunter. Doesnt make sense. But he has some fruit loop parents too.

Last edited by slumlord; 11/20/18.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The best thing about joining the Air Force over 21 years ago, was getting the heck out of our hometown. The wife and I are in Alaska now, and my family is in Arkansas, and what family she had left there high tailed it to Ohio this past year. My in-laws never wanted a darn thing to do with our two boys when we got stationed at Little Rock by fluke, and so why mess with it now. On my side of the family, my sister married a low life that has two low life drug head daughters. As my mom said yesterday about my BIL, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". My BIL doesn't drink or do drugs, but he is a lazy SOB just like his kids.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Life is far too short to have stressful idiots in your life.

I dont care if they are blood relatives or not.

I've eliminated all of the a s s holes in my life.
I dont like 'em and I don't want 'em.

I've had people sitting at my table dining on my Prime Rib and drinking my booze confront me about my guns, hunting and my big game trophies.

Never again....fuggem.... I'd rather eat a TV dinner by myself.

Proud NRA Life Member
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Life is far too short to have stressful idiots in your life.

I dont care if they are blood relatives or not.

I've eliminated all of the a s s holes in my life.
I dont like 'em and I don't want 'em.

I've had people sitting at my table dining on my Prime Rib and drinking my booze confront me about my guns, hunting and my big game trophies.

Never again....fuggem.... I'd rather eat a TV dinner by myself.

If there's a better time to tell someone GFY I don't know what it is.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
We good ones in our family, lucky we are.

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
NOPE all my PIA's are dead......

FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT...DIE IF WE MUST...BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER...IN GOD WE TRUST!
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Couple of drunks, one meth head, an aunt who is more dramatic and self centered than any teenage girl I've ever met. Thankfully, we don't see them much.

Everyone on my wife's side is pretty much alright. Her immediate family is great, my father in law is one of my best friends. Would rather spend time with her extended family than mine.

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yep, most of them........

Dave

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We've managed to separate from all our royal pain-in-da-butts, mostly by death and divorce.

My old MIL used to come over and try to beat my parents dog with her cane and drone on endlessly about how "THEY" were trying to take over. The problem was you could never tell if "THEY" were racial minorities, Martians, or the people from other states. I'm not sure even she knew for sure. She'd haunted the local radio talk shows for years as the dreaded "Helen from Westwood." My buddies in radio hated her.

Before that, I had a great aunt and uncle who would come down for Thanksgiving. The old bat used to snoop in our closets and try to get my mother to give her clothes. The uncle just sat around and told us how much he hated coming all the way to Cincinnati for a lousy meal.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I don't seem to have this problem since I'm hunting during the holidays. Relatives want to come to my house? Nope! I'll be at the deer lease. Priorities.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Always puzzles me how some people can't put their opinions on ice for one day instead of feeling the need to impose them on others.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
We are the old folks now, it's all our children, and grandchildren at the family gatherings.

I fully understand the issue.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None here, all my wife's family (except her mother) have passed on and my family all live on the east coast or Idaho. I've asked all of them to come on up for a visit but they've yet to take me up on it. When I feel inclined, I go visit them, makes life easier for all of us.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I cut them out. I get to choose who I hang with.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
After my wife's parents croaked, family gatherings have been fun.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

653 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 16gage, 10gaugemag, 160user, 12savage, 62 invisible), 2,905 guests, and 1,322 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,643
Posts18,512,351
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.