Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hudge
The best thing about joining the Air Force over 21 years ago, was getting the heck out of our hometown. The wife and I are in Alaska now, and my family is in Arkansas, and what family she had left there high tailed it to Ohio this past year. My in-laws never wanted a darn thing to do with our two boys when we got stationed at Little Rock by fluke, and so why mess with it now. On my side of the family, my sister married a low life that has two low life drug head daughters. As my mom said yesterday about my BIL, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree". My BIL doesn't drink or do drugs, but he is a lazy SOB just like his kids.

You know what they tell you when you join up, “you changed”.

I have the same problem, folks just can’t stand others progressing and “appearing” happy. An adomidible spirit of fortitude and integrity is a turn off to haters.

GB1

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My ex. Just always seems to work out that way. Go to youngest sons place and she usually ends up there. Hateful and fake.

Society of Intolerant Old Men. Rifle Slut Division
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Only a couple of psychopath alcoholics,but I cut em out too. Years ago.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have no family and my wife has her sister and BIL. I will not step foot in their house, so all is golden.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just me this year, plan to hunt till dark and put a turkey pot pie in the oven! Im not a Holidays guy!

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
just my wife and kids for the holidays. after my parents died, my family is not the type to get together for holidays. other than a christmas party sometimes, we all do our own thing. thursday we'll hang christmas lights and then shoot in the back yard and eat like pigs and pass out. its our tradition.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Life is far too short to have stressful idiots in your life.

I dont care if they are blood relatives or not.

I've eliminated all of the a s s holes in my life.
I dont like 'em and I don't want 'em.

I've had people sitting at my table dining on my Prime Rib and drinking my booze confront me about my guns, hunting and my big game trophies.

Never again....fuggem.... I'd rather eat a TV dinner by myself.

If there's a better time to tell someone GFY I don't know what it is.

Roger that.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
We thoroughly like to spend time with my family.
"The Warden" used to prefer my family to her own. Anyone of them left are friendly, or stay away. smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Life is to short to deal with people I don`t like. The holidays are much more enjoyable since adopting this stance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
None to deal with this year. My daughters and I are headed out tomorrow for their cow elk hunt. My folks (pushing their 70's) will join us in the forest. We'll have Thanksgiving at camp between scouting, then hunt elk beginning Friday. I'll really miss my wife, but we couldn't find anyone to watch the place and all of the animals.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I’m blessed with my family, couldn’t ask for or want better with the exception of 1 sil.
Just one out of many is a pretty good place to be, family wise and my concubine ain’t bad either.
Blessed.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by superlight17b
Almost every family has at least one pain in the butt relative nobody wants over for the holidays.my wife and me are lucky that the REAL pain in the butt ones,(drunks) have died off from liver disease,car wrecks,etc.BUT,
we have one left, my wifes step mother.she is a gibbering,bableing nut job that shows up late,never shuts up,and turns into:
THE THING THAT WOULDN'T LEAVE.
Anyone else have a real piece of work they dread seeing over the holidays?

Yup, that would be my youngest sister-in-law.

lightman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My sister has two daughters whom I just won't be in the same house with. One is an ultra lib (I've seen standing near Hillary at rallies) and the other is a mudshark. So I just stay away. Probably they like it that way.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I live about 1500+ miles from my family.

I do not go back hardly at all. I had enough of my mother bad-mouthing me to my kids a few years back when I made a special trip with them to spend Thanksgiving with her. I think at the same trip she treated my wife and I like servants while we cooked and tended to everyone there for the holiday meal. Pretty much everyone sat on their asses while we slaved. Including my nephew's wife who is a darling in my mother's eyes yet treats me and my family like she is quite a bit better than us. All the while sitting on her ass while we take care of everyone.

F that. Vowed to never spend a night there again. Don't think I have been back but maybe twice since then. And I will not stay at her house and will never allow my kids to be there without me.

Life is pretty simple now. I do not have to bite my tongue or listen to anyone's drivel.

Montana MOFO
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Not many left to spend it with.....other than distant cousins up north and some scattered here and there...
I'm the oldest of my little clan....wife, son, daughter, sil and grandson...oh, son's live in...and our granddog.
Most will be together for brunch Thanksgiving...no idea if son and +1 will be there or not...would greatly appreciate it if she goes home to her nut case family.....acorn doesn't fall far from the tree there.....

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I got a brother in law,I guess X now that my wife passed, that I would not piss on if he was on fire in the road. I have not got a call from them sence she passed . I get a call about 1 time a month when Mom in law needs something done. I went last month to clean the gutters and get the pine straw off the roof on a friday and he was there and had been there sence Wed. His answer was We came down for the Sea Food Fest I did not come to work. I never liked him when she was alive and he is still a POS in my book, my book dont mean much but it makes me feel better

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Family is all on the other coast and too cheap to fly so I am free of them....

Ted
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
my wife's cousin always invites his old neighbor.

the guy is pretty funny for about 2 hours, but he always stays 4 hours.

not a bad guy, just lonely, all his friends are dead, or not his friends anymore.

I have got to the point where I enjoy him for two hours and appreciate my wife's cousin for two hours, for giving the guy a place to go.

lot of people suffer on the holidays, if a guy can lighten someones burden just a bit, why the hell not?

my 2 cents

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have had policemen tell me that the holidays are the worst for family arguments, fist fights, and even homicides. Just something about the holidays that brings out pent up emotions, grudges, etc.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I must be damned lucky, I love my family and I enjoy spending time with them during the holidays.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1minute, 10Glocks, 69 invisible), 2,379 guests, and 1,212 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,687
Posts18,513,529
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.