Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I found a perfectly good Ford F-350 with the keys in it. I have been driving it now for over 2 years...

Likely the only way I’d drive a Ford too, if I found and it was free. I’d say good find but they’re like kids, cute and fun at first until you have to feed them and fix them when they break. 😁

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Found a concave rock about 2 feet tall and a yard diameter absolutely filled with Mountain Lion crap. Like 4 inches deep. Saw two mountain lions earlier that day so I guess I found their litter box.

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
The wall.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Elk are big.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Makeshift Cemetery on a side hill in Alabama. 4 headstones, all brothers from a black family that died in WW2 as per my friend that lived 1/4 mile from there. There was an artillery shell casing laying near the tiny headstones and it was all overgrown with saplings.

Guy I knew in Colorado was leaving camp and saw a pair of Binos hanging in a pine tree, yep they were Swaros.

IC B2

DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kellory
I've seen drunk deer from a pile of fermented apples. Stumbling around like they had just voted Democrat.

[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
What is things have you discovered while hunting?

peace, serenity, and solitude.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
I
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
In the Boundary Waters Canoe Area in Northern Minnesota, my brother and I came across 2 guys dressed in camo and army boots. They asked , " how far to the Lake One boat launch, 2 days "? I said heck on, if ya hustle you will be there before dark. SO they went like crazy and on their way out they lost 2 knives. I still have them today at the cabin. That was 1999.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Pair of frilly purple scanty panties. Hung them in a tree.

Somewhat interested to have seen the woman ( hopefully) that shed them . No luck

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
A rock wall on a canyon rim overlooking a tiny pool of a stream. Area absolutely covered in arrowhead chips, broken pints, etc. Did Indians make blinds? If so, I found one.

Yes. I have seen several in SE Oregon and NW Nevada near bighorn sheep trails and also at sage grouse lek sites. Generally u-shaped rock wall about 4 feet high with room for one or two. Really old stuff can be discerned from more recent by the lack of lichen on the underside of the rocks. But, like the snipe winnowing I informed you of, on the strange things you've heard thread, you'll just fugging ignore it. OMG, what's that sound.... LOL

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I lost something while hunting. This was 30 years ago in the Oconee River Swamps in central Georgia.
This is many square miles of forest near the river, nobody can build a house down there because if floods every 3 or 4 years. Beautiful huge trees but otherwise featureless, no hills or valleys.
Lots of deer, turkey, and wild hogs.

So I was hunting down there one day, I just sat down on a fallen tree, didn't need a stand. I had a very expensive folding knife, a Puma made in Germany. Thirty years ago the Puma cost about $95.
Getting bored like you usually do while hunting, I took the knife from the sheath and was admiring it. Set it down next to me on the log and looked around the woods some more.

Didn't get a deer or a hog that day, I walked back to the truck at dark. Got in the truck and realized, I had left the expensive German knife laying on that tree.
In that trackless swamp, at least a quarter mile away in the dark, no way I could find that tree. Couldn't have found it in the daylight either.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
A snare around my foot, yesterday, while looking for a place to set a snare. On my property.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

P
PSE Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
My dog found a Groham knife (pheasant model). We were hunting pheasants and came upon remains of pheasants that had been breasted. I was looking at them when my Golden came out of the rushes with a laynard in his mouth and a Groham knife hanging on the end.

I quickly told him to sit and came up and got the knife. It is exactly like the knife I had bought a few months earlier so now I have two.

I gave him a extra treater that night.

Now go out and find me a Beretta shotgun.

Last edited by PSE; 11/22/18.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Originally Posted by nemotheangler
A rock wall on a canyon rim overlooking a tiny pool of a stream. Area absolutely covered in arrowhead chips, broken pints, etc. Did Indians make blinds? If so, I found one.

Yes. I have seen several in SE Oregon and NW Nevada near bighorn sheep trails and also at sage grouse lek sites. Generally u-shaped rock wall about 4 feet high with room for one or two. Really old stuff can be discerned from more recent by the lack of lichen on the underside of the rocks. But, like the snipe winnowing I informed you of, on the strange things you've heard thread, you'll just fugging ignore it. OMG, what's that sound.... LOL

I was in NW corner of Nevada hunting Chukar and the set up is exactly as described. Very cool...

"Faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, and more money." -Tom T Hall

Molon Labe
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Alamosa
In a ponderosa forest a long way from any creeks or water I found a beaver skull.

I found a beaver skull on top of a mountain in the Chugach Range of AK while sheep hunting. My guide thought an eagle probably dropped it.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I know where there are 2 creek banks with indian artifacts laying around or occasionally poking up. I've found indian writing on stone walls while hunting out West. I've found a few stolen and burned cars. I've also found more than one old still. Stumbled up on a really nice patch of pot once!

lightman
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I discovered that no matter what, I always learn something new hunting every year.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I imagine those guys that built those blinds knew a good deal of bushcraft! Enjoy your time out there... .

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
A snare around my foot, yesterday, while looking for a place to set a snare. On my property.

Alzheimers? grin

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
LOL...

Reminded me of when I was surveying in S. Texas with a pretty good sized crew along that day. It was hunting season...

I was out front with the rod, staking line and came to a clearing.

There at the edge of the clearing was a pickup parked with two old fat guys sitting on the tailgate with their pants down around their ankles. Each had a young bimbo giving them a BJ... They had their rifles in the high seat rack, so I felt OK about calling in my radio for the crew to come on up the survey line to join the audience.

When they were done, they got in the pickup and resumed hunting.

That was back when "hunting" was way down the list for some old boys on a deer lease... smile Hunting deer, anyway.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 14 of 15 1 2 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

536 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 1lessdog, 1234, 42 invisible), 2,316 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,107
Posts18,502,189
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.