-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Simple is best for me. Tried several pouch versions and it is just too much crap in the wrong places.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Another thing I did, was to add a pair of buckles to my daypack shoulder straps. Toss the harness in the pack and attach the binoc pouch direct to the pack, less the lower buckles. When you shuck yer pack, all ya gotta do is release one side and it all stays together.....

This is exactly what I plan to do for my AGC pack. Seems like a smart idea.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One thing I like about the FHF is, it is compact enough I wear it between my shirt and coat

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
It took a hunt or two to break-in so my bino's go in and out with ease but I love the Badlands

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The Rick Young harness does it all.

I’ve got lots of hunters that see mine, and trash their clunky bino bra case for the Rick Young.

Simple. Sturdy. Reliable. Affordable.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't get to hunt in places where binocs are really useful, so I don't know a damned thing about what works and what doesn't...but should I ever need such gear there is one story I have been told that I will not forget...

It seems this hunter was using some type of binocular harness, or strap, or whatever during a hunt and found himself entangled with a barbwire fence. It was actually his binocular harness that had snagged, and certain parts of it were elastic. He did not realize it was his harness that had snagged the barbwire, and kept pulling and resisting in frustration until the strap finally came loose from the barbwire, at which time the binoculars accelerated appreciably and hit him square in the mouth, splitting lips and loosening teeth. There was much blood and sorrow in that instant.

It's funny, but it's not.
crazy

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
After using a bino pouch last year, and before that elastic harnesses over a HPG Chest pouch, this spring I got the RYO setup for all the binos. Initially I went to the first chest pouch last year because I was tired of all the straps with separate harness and chest pouch, and the elastic harnesses sucking. But that bino pouch was made for work stuff and was too big for normal 10x40’ish binos. So I snagged the RYO harness and used them solely since March. Probably 2.5 months of wearing the RYO and HPG chest pouch in dessert, snow, mountains, and swamps.... I went back to a bino pouch. If I didn’t hunt the way I do, I would love the RYO. But in varied weather I decided I HATE objective and eyepiece covers and having to screw with them while stalking.

I went to the ACG Cub. The harness sucks, but can be worked. And after an upgrade, I like the design.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
After using a bino pouch last year, and before that elastic harnesses over a HPG Chest pouch, this spring I got the RYO setup for all the binos. Initially I went to the first chest pouch last year because I was tired of all the straps with separate harness and chest pouch, and the elastic harnesses sucking. But that bino pouch was made for work stuff and was too big for normal 10x40’ish binos. So I snagged the RYO harness and used them solely since March. Probably 2.5 months of wearing the RYO and HPG chest pouch in dessert, snow, mountains, and swamps.... I went back to a bino pouch. If I didn’t hunt the way I do, I would love the RYO. But in varied weather I decided I HATE objective and eyepiece covers and having to screw with them while stalking.

I went to the ACG Cub. The harness sucks, but can be worked. And after an upgrade, I like the design.

Did you try the RYO neoprene bino cover?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have and can't like repeatedly unwrapping and rewrapping.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, there's no perfectly convenient system that is not bulky and heavy, and that protects your bino and keeps it at the ready. They all have trade-offs, and IMO the wrapping and unwrapping is a pretty minor inconvenience considering all the advantages to the system. But, the trade-offs that I prefer may not be the same that another guy prefers, and that's alright with me.

IC B3

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve used a variety of bino harnesses over the past years. The Outdoor Vision harness is an awesome setup and highly recommend it. Built in rain pouch, magnetic open and closed position and great harness straps.
For anyone running a badlands harness with the annoying built in hydration pouch I cut mine out the first day I got it and was way more comfy after.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
For those familiar with the FHF pieces, their site specifies sizes by bino height measurements. They list the small as being good for binos up to 6.75".

I have a 10x40mm bino that measures exactly 6.75" with the eye cups fully extended. Any one know if it'll fit or will I need to step up to the medium?

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Did you try the RYO neoprene bino cover?

Not theirs, but another that works nearly identical. The issue is I will have a chest pouch on regardless, so having two sets of straps and the binos being on top of the chest pouch wasn’t helping. Without a chest pouch I would be quite happy with the RYO, with a chest pouch, it works better to just combine them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use a HPG pouch with the RYO setup, as well, and I have other stuff in the pockets of the pouch, like granola bars, headlamp, etc, so the combined system works well for me.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
War Eagle, My binos are 6.5 inches with eye cups extended. I bought the small fhf, and they did fit, but the lid barely closed past the pouch. I also run it with the lid tucked behind the harness quite often, and did not like how the binos seemed like they were going to fall out when I bent over. They never did fall, but it made me uneasy. I got the medium harness and it is perfect. I use the small for my 8x30.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Formidilosus

Any info on the upgrade? I like the actual pouch of my AGC, but feel the harness could probably be less bulky with the same or greater comfort.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Kuiu holding 8x42 Geovids

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
The Rick Young harness does it all.

I’ve got lots of hunters that see mine, and trash their clunky bino bra case for the Rick Young.

Simple. Sturdy. Reliable. Affordable.

Sorry to drag this up from the depths, but having just received a set I found them to be constrictive (loose or firm), a pain in the arse to adjust (the flappy bit is also annoying), and doesn't play well with a pack.

I have dumped them back into the packet and will give them to someone I do not like very much.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Note that they may be ideal in a clime where one routinely wears more clothing...but here it sucks.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Sorry they didn’t work for you. I’ve found the total 180 opposite: easy to adjust, non constructive, and super easy to wear with a daypack. As for clothing, I wear mine with a t-shirt all the time. Either side slung or worn in center of chest, right below sternum.

Guess my fav thing is having such a minimalist way to wear binos, with lots of diff options on how to wear them.

Sorry it didn’t work. PM me and maybe I can find a home for them.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

521 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 66 invisible), 2,884 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,957
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.