O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like a lot of fun.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
With the 11 raccoons in my trail camera image eating all the corn off the deer feeder I’m thinking of how I can get rid of them.

I didn’t know you could call them... huh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
They can be called at night too...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coon calling is a ton of fun. Does my heart good to see some turkey nest robbing little sumbitches bite the dust.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
IC B2

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I've got an old 8 sound foxpro - this unit didn't have a remote I used it for night calling .
Going to mail it off and get 4 coon and 4 crow calling sounds installed on it , hordes of coons down here . This season is going to be the year of the shotgun -870- probably still drag a rifle along .

In the video - seemed like a lot more than 6 coons shot - a few must have made it to their den hole .

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Set the caller down near a den tree, barn or old house place. Use a little motion decoy. Crank the volume 3/4 and sit about 25 or 30 yards away for 5 minutes. If they are home they'll come out. Love the shotgun for this. Anything from heavy field loads of #4's up through BB size shot works well. Full choke smokes them.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Well I have a Foxpro CS-24 and a decoy thing-a-am-gig, so I’m going to see if I can get rid of those suckers.

They been on my feeder every night for a month, so they are going to be big and Fat... to bad the hides are not worth more.

Yote prices are up, maybe I’ll use the meat for bait -I sure won’t eat them.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Spotshooter ,

Are you allowed to shoot at night ? on private ground where you live ?

I shoot coons with my compound bow and a suppressed cz 22lr shooting them from a ground blind of tree stand is a lot of fun and saves the corn you didn't buy for them .
As MOGC said - biggest plus is saving many turkey nest and many other ground dwelling/nesting animals .

Walked up to a feeder a couple of years ago and shot 4 big coons broad daylight - told the story here . Dropped the first -second scampered down to see what his buddy was acting crazy for - shot it - #3 runs up attacks both complaining coons - bang - 4th one spotted in a tree top bang 4 coons in 30-40 seconds .

If shooting from a treestand just whistle and they will stand up and look right at you .
I have seen 11 or 12 at my feeder also .

TIP ; near a feeder - tie or wire a can [or 2-3] of cheap Jack Mackeral to a tree or something - pour the juice over some seafood flavored hard cat food . Next night or two there will be record number of coons - I think other coons back at the den trees smell the delicious meal their cousins had and go out for dinner with that good smelling bunch the next night . VERY likely to be there during daylight hours if the food is good enough .

I shoot stringrays with my fishing bow and wire them to a tree OMG critters can crazy for seafood - bears coyotes bobcats you name it - even crows love to nibble on them .
I have to start posting pictures of critters again - learn to post with this phone .
OK gitter done .

Posted by Bristoe
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I’m in Kansas - so I can shoot them at night but NOT with lights.

I’ve trapped them down before (can’t get rid of them all), but then the possums show up.

IC B3

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I shoot every possum I see - they're nest predators too .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But they are also tick killing machines. When you hunt at a placed named Tick Ridge, you let the possums walk with a thank you and high five.

Some mornings, it just does not feel worth it to chew through the straps!~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
With the 11 raccoons in my trail camera image eating all the corn off the deer feeder I’m thinking of how I can get rid of them.

I didn’t know you could call them... huh

My theory is that we can call anybody if we have the right number and we can call any animal if we make the right sound in the right time and place. I'm getting old and less agile so call EVERY kind of animal that I hunt from moose to mice.

Coon calling tale: my 12 year old grandson and I tried calling coons it in a brushy timbered creek ravine near his house, in an area of scattered homes. As it got dusk a coon stuck its head around a tree above us. About the same time a man at a house across the ravine started yelling, "Marge, do you hear that? What is making that noise?" He got a big flashlight and started bumbling down through the brush as we shut off the electronic call and sneaked away giggling.

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Travelingman1 ,

I've heard this a couple of times lately - so possums go around and find ticks to eat - seems like a small meal . Interesting .

Posted by Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Possums dont hunt and eat ticks as a part of their diet. They groom themselves and kill the ticks on their own body.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

I shoot everything I see that raids nest (coons & possum)... but if there is a deer there I’ll let them pass.
Now coyotes - I’ll shoot themn when a deer standing right next to them... I hate those more.

Nov 18th fur opens and those raccoon are in big trouble...

I wish I could make a trap to catch them all at the same time... Either way I’m about sick and tired of seeing them eating at the feeder all the time.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Dude needs a 22 and a can.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
My suppressed CZ has spoiled me - can't imagine going back .
Have to get my CZ Style threaded and maybe the 22mag , that would make a good coon thumper .
Sucky Florida law - can't use 22mag or 17hmr on public land - people who have them spotlight deer with them don'tcha know . Criminals gun !

Posted by Bristoe
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Gentlemen , what sounds on the e caller seem to work best on them masked marauders ?

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
coon & baby coon distress .

Posted by Bristoe

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (14idaho, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 907brass, 12 invisible), 1,459 guests, and 763 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,724
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.