Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
BCJR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
So I bought a MRC X3 and it is a real disappointment. The chamber is so rough the spent cases look like someone took a file to them upon ejection , and speaking of ejection , the bolt likes to "lock up" or "stick" anywhere it contacts the receiver mid stroke upon attempted cycling. A Remington TI even cycles smoother than this thing. , The rifle is aesthetically pleasing and its features are desirable but as far as function goes I would have been better off with a 299 dollar Mossberg , so disappointed. This is just a caveat to perspective buyers , I would steer clear of these rifles. 1300 dollars should buy oneself a quality piece of equipment , this was not my experience unfortunately. I hope they can get it together

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I hate to hear that because I was considering one in 6.5 PRC. What caliber did you purchase and was it accurate?

I'd give them a call and see what they can do about fixing the rifle. I agree that for $1300 you shouldn't have those problems.

The lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Similar problems arose on here regarding the previous version as well (X2). Feeding was an issue in that instance. But, the worst part was, the customer service received was worse than the faulty product.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
itz funny. how this place in general will absoluteky excoriate one compamy for sending out a 1300 dollar lemon, yet look at all the known problems with kimber montaans and yet those issues shpuld almost be acceoted as par and the gun still be considered a bargain

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
itz funny. how this place in general will absoluteky excoriate one compamy for sending out a 1300 dollar lemon, yet look at all the known problems with kimber montaans and yet those issues shpuld almost be acceoted as par and the gun still be considered a bargain

Yup.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's disappointing. I've watching for feedback on the X3. It seems like they really got it right with the weight reduction. I expect problems are uncommon but the stories about customer service don't inspire confidence

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

Yup.

Haven't seen many Kimber problems lately. And CS has been reported to have improved as well.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have a MRC X3 in 6.5 PRC.No problems at all. Fine rifle in every respect. Also have an older X2 in 260 Remington. I'm happy with both of my rifles from MRC.

Last edited by ruraldoc; 11/27/18.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ruraldoc

I have a MRC X3 in 6.5 PRC.No problems at all. Fine rifle in every respect. Also have an older X2 in 260 Remington. I'm happy with both of ny rifles from MRC.

My x2 MRC is a wonderful rifle.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They have new management and improved CS is said to be on the front burner. There's some chatter about it on the AH forum. I'd contact MRC and see what they say. You're not even out the cost of a long distance phone call anymore.

Just my $02.

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
IC B3

Q
qwk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q

$1300 fat girl or $1300 skinny girl. People put up with more having the latter.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RevMike
They have new management and improved CS is said to be on the front burner. There's some chatter about it on the AH forum. I'd contact MRC and see what they say. You're not even out the cost of a long distance phone call anymore.

Just my $02.

RM

That's good to hear and I hope new management does shake things up. I've had two MRC 1999's, one X2 which jams everything except plastic tipped bullets - it does feed those just fine - and which may be what KenMi is speaking of, and one ASR which was a fine rifle in all respects.

Regarding trying to get the feeding problems fixed on the X2, if you talked to the right person (singular) at MRC, things got done as far as that one person could do them. But unfortunately, that person couldn't handle everything and had to delegate and that's where the problems started. My experience trying to get the X2 fixed involved sending it back to the factory twice and a string of mostly dropped balls. "Oh, I asked him to email you last week, didn't he do that?" type of thing. If anyone's interested I might could dig up those old threads where I reported on that.

Hmm, I'll wait awhile and see if good stories and kudos for CS appear about MRC and might try sending that rifle back a third time... wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by qwk

$1300 fat girl or $1300 skinny girl. People put up with more having the latter.....

and thats silly
for that kind of money i expect whatever i buy to be unphugged from the get go

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
. . . yet look at all the known problems with kimber montanas and yet those issues should almost be accepted as par and the gun still be considered a bargain

Kimber a bargain!? Who said that?

Last edited by shinbone; 11/27/18.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shinbone
. . . yet look at all the known problems with kimber montanas and yet those issues should almost be accepted as par and the gun still be considered a bargain

Kimber a bargain!? Who said that?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCJR
So I bought a MRC X3 and it is a real disappointment. The chamber is so rough the spent cases look like someone took a file to them upon ejection , and speaking of ejection , the bolt likes to "lock up" or "stick" anywhere it contacts the receiver mid stroke upon attempted cycling. A Remington TI even cycles smoother than this thing. , The rifle is aesthetically pleasing and its features are desirable but as far as function goes I would have been better off with a 299 dollar Mossberg , so disappointed. This is just a caveat to perspective buyers , I would steer clear of these rifles. 1300 dollars should buy oneself a quality piece of equipment , this was not my experience unfortunately. I hope they can get it together

You really need to call them and have a chat. I suspect they'll happily do what it takes to make you a happy customer. I will probably own one in the future. Your account wouldn't turn me away. Multiple accounts might. If they fail you on customer service, that could sway me. You owe it to yourself to give them a chance. You bought a premium priced gun. You should get a premium quality product.

B
BCJR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
I received a response from the CEO saying the "new" MRC will stand by the rifle no.matter what, hopefully it will be a good customer service experience, the rifle has lots of potential. That's why I bought it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
How much does your rifle weigh?

Last edited by JoeBob; 11/27/18.
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I've had pretty crappy luck with a X2 6.5 CM. It's back to them for the 2nd time. I've now asked them to rebarrel it to a .260 Rem, because in the long delay to get theirs working right, I bought a 6.5 from a different MFR that smacks clover leaf groups. Truth be told, some of the delay is due to me, I travel extensively and my ability to get home and take it to the main UPS hub to ship it (only open 4-6:30) is a PIT, but dang a $1200- $1300 dollar gun should feed and extract out-of-the-box.

Here's my take if you want a MRC. I really do like the features of their actions. But save yourself some hassle. Buy one of their bare actions, buy a shilen barrel, buy a Mc Edge stock and find a good local gunsmith. You'll probably be into it for $2K, but you'll have the best of the best.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BCJR
I received a response from the CEO saying the "new" MRC will stand by the rifle no.matter what, hopefully it will be a good customer service experience, the rifle has lots of potential. That's why I bought it.

Glad to hear it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1badf350, 19rabbit52, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 47 invisible), 3,455 guests, and 1,262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,725
Posts18,535,020
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.