Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Dicks makes a lot of money selling team equipment to schools. There are other highly successful sporting goods stores that do very well without selling guns, like REI. They won't go down.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I worked behind the gun counter in the Hunting, Fishing, and Camping Department of Hermann's Sporting Goods back in the early 1980s. Same thing happened to them. They fell under pressure to stop carrying firearms and ammo, and immediately declined, then closed their doors. They were a giant in sporting goods till they made that fateful decision. I remember going in there a couple of years after I quit, and it was a graveyard. Nobody there. Only a year later, they were gone.

I remember that situation very well. After they removed guns & ammo from their inventory, and later most all hunting equipment IIRC, I never patronized or even bothered ever entering another one of their stores.

-Ken

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Gibby
They are the only place I can find Duofold long underwear. When I go to buy it, I don't even look around the store for anything else.

I bet you can find it on Amazon.com. Arrives at your home in two days.

Walmart
Ebay
Sears

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Walmart and Kroger took the same stance as Dicks. Y’all still shop there or is this like one of those NFL threads?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Does Dicks sell groceries?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Does Dicks sell groceries?

Your point?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Walmart and Kroger took the same stance as Dicks. Y’all still shop there or is this like one of those NFL threads?

Haven't stepped foot in Walmart since, never have been to Kroger.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Did Kroger sell guns? That business model appeals to me: Sir, give me three avocados, a bottle of Maker's Mark, and an AK-47.

Last edited by SockPuppet; 12/02/18.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Did Kroger sell guns? That business model appeals to me: Sir, give me three avocados, a bottle of Maker's Mark, and an AK-47.

Pretty sure we've covered this before. Does seem strange.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/kroger-to-stop-selling-guns-to-buyers-under-21-1519911901

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Haven't bought anything from Dick's since getting a pair of sunglasses for my niece. That was around the time I bought my Harley.. 21 years ago. As far as I'm concerned, it is nothing but soccer mom stuff, cycling outfits, and tshirts

And since they're recent lefty blovulations, they'll never see another penny from me. Stockholders must be dead at the wheel.

ESAD.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
They have pretty good deals on last years golf clubs. Picked up a nice driver there for cheap a few years back. Bought a mouth guard there as well a few years back.

Will likely shop there when the boys are older. Cleats, etc....

Can’t imagine going there for gun or fishing related items.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
N
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
N
Around here Dicks doesn't do much of a firearms or Ammo business. They have some hunting basics and I did buy some arrows from then as they are set up to cut. And they are worth a look for deals in late December as they close hunting stuff out after the season. Although I shop less for fishing stuff my sence is its pretty much the same story as the hunting shooting business. In general they are an "Athletic" sporting goods store and don't compete much with Cabelas-Bass proshops or independent gun and archery shops.

I used to worry that as places like Dicks get out of the business and the independents close, prices would climb from lack of competition, but for the most parts the internet keeps things competitive.

The collection of taxes which are not absolutely required, which do not beyond reasonable doubt contribute to public welfare, is only a species of legalized larceny. Under this Republic the rewards of industry belong to those who earn them. Coolidge
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Kroger sells guns in AK under the Fred Meyer logo.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

They were the best deal in AK for guns. When they stopped selling guns this past summer i got a big bunch of incredible deals. Will gladly buy every NIB SS Take-down 10-22 i find for 250 or so. M&P Shield in 40S&W for 233? Sold!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Prwlr

Kroger sells guns in AK under the Fred Meyer logo.

Not since late summer, '18.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by Gibby
They are the only place I can find Duofold long underwear. When I go to buy it, I don't even look around the store for anything else.

I bet you can find it on Amazon.com. Arrives at your home in two days.

Walmart
Ebay
Sears

Duofold is owned by Champion and can be ordered direct from their website.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
They are figuring out they made a mistake.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hookeye

Galyans had what, 3 stores (Plainfield, Carmel and Keystone?)
I remember them trying to go national, had expanded their gun sales.......saw a flier about it.
Dunno if they flubbed it or got stretched, but it was then that Dicks swooped in.

Liked the Carmel store, and yeah the Clay Terrace deal w a new Dicks seemed stoopid.
Dunno what they put in the old Galyans.

I was raised on the south side so frequented the Galyans there at 31 and Shelby. (After Central Hardware quit selling guns). Galyans built a nice new store down across from Greenwood park mall and then Dicks moved in with a new store nearby, and bought Galyans out.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
We used to have a decent sporting goods store here in central Indiana named Galyans. Then Dicks came to town, built a bunch of stores to compete with Galyans, and within a year bought Galyans out. Friggin stupid businessmen, had a brand new store, Galyans had a brand new store,and Dicks ended up paying for both of them and leaving one empty for years.

I enjoy going into Dicks to get my sons basketball shoes. He tries on the ones he wants so we can get his size, then we tell them that we’re not going to buy the shoes there due to Dicks anti gun stance. After spending anywhere from 30-60 minutes of their time, they don’t seem to appreciate their company’s stance when they realize they’re not gonna sell the shoes...

MY MAN

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MadMooner
They’ve always sucked as far as I’ve known them.
Ditto...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

290 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 31 invisible), 1,744 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,468
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.