Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by lvmiker
This is another thread that indicates those capable of learning.

mike r

to each his own.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WTM45
Strangest, hard to explain thing I ever saw was my 1SG wanted to demonstrate the potential of injury with a M200 blank round from a M16A1. Without the blank adaptor on the muzzle, he attempted to demonstrate the damage which can be done to a styrofoam coffee cup placed over the muzzle when firing the blank round. With the rifle on safe, he loaded a magazine, yanked the charging handle, dropping the bolt with the muzzle down and it fired the blank round. The rifle did not feed or chamber the next round from the magazine, nor did it eject the fired one.

I saw the selector was on safe.

He then charged the rifle with the muzzle elevated, he placed cup on muzzle, rolled the selector to fire and let it rip. Cup was quite damaged. Point well received by the troops, but he and I stepped aside and took a peek at the rifle and brass.

When I was in tech school in the AF the instructors said they used blanks to kill snakes (less the blank adapter of course.). Without the blank adapter all the gas goes out the muzzle. Not enough or none goes into the gas tube which cycles the action. This is why the rifle did not feed another round.

Last edited by Just a Hunter; 12/08/18.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

When I was in tech school in the AF the instructors said they used blanks to kill snakes (less the blank adapter of course.). Without the blank adapter all the gas goes out the muzzle. Not enough or none goes into the gas tube which cycles the action. This is why the rifle did not feed another round.

Thank you for your service!

Second blank round the 1SG fired did move the BCG enough to cock the hammer, eject the spent brass and chamber the next round.
Attributed that to the upright muzzle and pressure from the cup on the muzzle.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I just assumed everyone eye and finger fugged the chamber.

Dropping the hammer on an empty chamber doesn't lead to mass murdering your ceiling.

Last edited by Steelhead; 12/08/18.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I fall back on my Army days. When the rifle goes into the arms room (or the safe) it is with the hammer down, dust cover closed and safety is on "fire" since it won't go to "safe". When it comes out the bolt goes back, the safety goes on, magazine in the well and then drop the bolt loading it.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

Thank you for your service!

Second blank round the 1SG fired did move the BCG enough to cock the hammer, eject the spent brass and chamber the next round.
Attributed that to the upright muzzle and pressure from the cup on the muzzle.

Thank you. You too.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My AR is one of my home defense firearms. It's stored with a full magazine in the gun, an empty chamber and the safety off. If I rack the charging handle and don't shoot immediately then the safety goes on. I never drop the hammer unless their is a live round under it. I've never had a ND, so my system must work.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

293 members (270cowboy, 1badf350, 1_deuce, 204guy, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 40 invisible), 2,426 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,492
Posts18,472,035
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.