Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Hey Guys--

This has been a work-in-progress for a couple of years, especially with distractions such as this site. Well, it's finally coming to fruition: my partner and I co-wrote a novel called "The Terminal List" which will be published by Simon & Schuster. The release date is March 6 but it's available for pre-order now. https://www.amazon.com/Terminal-Lis...821606&sr=8-2&keywords=jack+carr

My partner spent 20 years in the SEAL teams as both an enlisted sniper and an officer-- overall, he did 7 combat deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan and the Philippines. Above all that, he's a really good dude and a great husband/father. We've been friends for 15 years and finally decided to make this happen and fulfill a dream that we shared. We just got our webpage up, it will be completely built-out by January: http://www.officialjackcarr.com

The book is about revenge-- I think you guys will dig it. What would happen if a guy with that kind of training an experience had a score to settle and nothing holding him back? It's pretty dark and very violent. We worked very hard to nail the details whether we were talking about the weapons, aviation, medicine, etc. Nothing I hate more than writers who talk about "banana clips"!

We've received some awesome feedback so far, humbling to say the least:

"Since Jack Carr is a former SEAL, you would expect accuracy, intensity and battle-wisdom from his first novel, "The Terminal List." What you might not expect is crackerjack plotting, vivid characters both in and out of uniform, and a relentless pace. to a worthy finish. It's a great start!"

Stephen Hunter
Author of "Point of Impact" and other Bob Lee Swagger novels

Absolutely awesome! So powerful, so pulse-pounding, so well-written – rarely do you read a debut novel this damn good. I have been telling everyone I know to drop everything and get this book. Now, I’m telling you. The Terminal List will not only have you on the edge of your seat, but looking over your shoulder, convinced they’re coming for you next!

Brad Thor, #1 New York Times bestselling author of, Spymaster

Like a bullet from Jack Carr’s custom built sniper rifle, the story arrives on target with devastating impact. I served with Jack and know the emotions he draws from while writing—be glad that he’s on our side! If you want an action packed thriller that keeps you guessing, this is your book. I found myself wanting to fight alongside Jack once again…Trust me, you won’t be able to put this one down!

- Mark Owen, SEAL Development Group Team Leader and New York Times bestselling author of No Easy Day and No Hero

Thanks for checking it out!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
A huge congratulations!

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thank you!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Congratulations!

Is Jack Carr a nom de plume?

Retired cat herder.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As to the title - how is its family handling the revelation?

Seriously - congratulations!

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by g5m
Congratulations!

Originally Posted by g5m
Congratulations!

It is- there's a story behind that too!

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
[[/quote]

It is- there's a story behind that too! [/quote]

I don't doubt it. There always seem to be interesting stories around the high speed guys.

Retired cat herder.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Great. CONGRATS!

Will be ordering.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Crockettnj
Great. CONGRATS!

Will be ordering.

Much appreciated!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Can't wait. And serious congrats for getting this published the old school way. That may have been the hardest part of the job.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Thanks so much-- we were walking on eggshells waiting to see whether it would happen but, honestly, I haven't been that excited about anything since I was a kid. Steven Pressfield's "The War of Art" was our bible, we just kept re-reading it when things got tough.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Since Walmart is working hard on catching up with Amazon and since Bezos is apparently a globalist guy maybe you could get Walmart to list your book, too.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You'll be able to buy it wherever books are sold: it's already up on B&N, Books-a-million, etc.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congratulations, Woodhit, to you and your friend. Writing is not easy, the good writers just make it look that way. Having your novel published by a major publishing house is an accomplishment in itself.

Hope you sell a huge amount of copies and get a hefty movie deal.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sounds cool, good luck!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Appreciate it! The book money is nice but a movie deal could be life-changing. I've spent the past fifteen years in airports, hotels, and rental cars-- with my kids hitting some really fun ages, I'd love to be able to shift careers and spend more time with family.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I keep dreaming that I'll get a call from some Hollyweird type who just read my first book. But it'll never happen. Besides, the way they butchered the actual events of Bat 21, I'm not sure I'd want the heartache of seeing my story disemboweled that way.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by g5m
Since Walmart is working hard on catching up with Amazon and since Bezos is apparently a globalist guy maybe you could get Walmart to list your book, too.

Wal-Mart it is...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Terminal-List/450535941

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
the most striking aspect of the book, would seem to be the immediacy of the plot. That the US Government would do the sort of things that got Reece's unit and family killed, would have been laughable 10 years ago. Today? Not so laughable.

I ordered the hard back edition. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/25/17.

Sam......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (7mm_Loco, 6MMWASP, 6mmbrfan, 3333vl, 9 invisible), 1,763 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,900
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.