Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Knívleysur maður er lívleysur maður.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by prm
Originally Posted by Brad
Victorinox Classic and attached P38 can opener... because nothing can ruin a good bug-out quite like a bad pedicure or stubborn can of caviar.

[Linked Image]

I was reading this thread with dismay. Then I read your post and got a good, and needed, laugh!

Glad to help out a like minded brother grin

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 5thShock

True. Did you know that when the mouse is full the flour tastes like pee?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by 5thShock

True. Did you know that when the mouse is full the flour tastes like pee?

Well, "the smoker you drink the player you get".

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

Well tks, excellent knives, beautiful too, but do they come in blaze orange?

Over the years, especially when doing bird surveys, I got to the point that I would tie short lengths of orange flagging tape to my compass, binocs, keys, GPS etc before setting off for a long day in the woods, all the stuff I picked up and set down regularly. During the course of long, hot days in the brush spent in sort of a hurry, fatigue would set in and once in a while I'd forget something and have to go back for it. Ya ever try to find a RealTree wallet sitting on leaf litter? grin Worst ever was when I set down a brand new $500 pair of premium Romanian (??) military optics down when I sat down to rest on a steep rocky hillside in 105F heat and didn't realize I no longer had them until I was about 200 yards of thick brush away. Never could find them again, and that was only the second or third time I had even used them.

Actually, with the Mora I think a blaze orange sheath too is a bit much but I could switch that out later.

I wasn't aware of Mora knives until this thread, I'm impressed; no bullspit, well thought-out tools for use in the woods. Turns out not everything inexpensive is cheap.

Maybe fifty years ago in England I bought a sheath knife (as we called 'em back then) for my older brother, it has a laminate wooden handle topped with a brass horse's head, no crossguard at all. Something was etched on the blade in small script rather than block letters. He still has it, he's up in NY State but based upon the blade shape and general configuration I believe its prob'ly a Mora. I believe it came from Sweden and even back then I was surprised at the relatively low cost for the quality.

[Linked Image]

Good one

This thread has provided much entertainment in the form of googling up all the stuff mentioned. The only knives I've purchased in the last few years have been replica trade knives; thin blades, simple wooden grips, usually not full tang. Prob'ly couldn't drive a stake or baton firewood with 'em worth a darn, but then that's what the 'hawk is for, and there's the flint and steel for fires.

I sure have been out of the loop with the modern stuff.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What the fugg is a "bug out bag" anyway ? , is that like a woman's purse ?

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (219DW, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1lesfox, 1234, 1OntarioJim, 58 invisible), 2,644 guests, and 1,300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,717
Posts18,514,165
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.