T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Who is this Tal Mud cat?

You make me grin!

Exactly.....

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by K22
In a way I understand why Starman does this. It seems he wants to get people to think outside the box. I get it. I'm not sure how wise it is to do that on this website, but hey, its his neck.LOL
Myself, I kind of enjoy it and usually learn something from it all.

Glad to hear that you learn something.

But, pls do note that both SM and AS have a clear purpose to cast doubt and to sway opinions of folks on this site.

For example, the historicity of Jesus. There are many many scholars that believe there is no doubt about the historicity of Jesus. Just google the “Historicity of Jesus.” Take a look at what Wikipedia ... for example.. has to say.

BUT... I will say it again, folks will look at the evidence and choose what to believe. The choice they make is based on the evidence, perhaps their background..... but also based on what is in them.

What is in the man is paramount.

I think your wrong about that. People don't really make a choice as to what they will or won't believe, at least that's how it seems to me. As you said, we take the evidence and experience's we've accumulated and then mix in the beliefs and teachings we've been raised with. At some point you are either convinced that the new idea you've been presented with is either true and believable or likely not true and therefore not to be believed. I don't believe we really make much of a choice, I think we are left without much of an option. You can choose how you react to the new belief or perhaps newfound lack of belief, but I've never been able to really make myself believe things I found unbelievable,or vice versa. I know this line of thought doesn't sit well with a lot of Christians, for obvious reasons, but that's the way I see it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.
Alexander and his tutor Aristotle, not so much.
Of course none of this has any bearing on the historicity of Jesus.

So, do you disbelieve the historicity of Jesus?

A simple yes or no will do.

You do not get to dictate how I answer. If I answer, it will be in a manner of my choosing.

At this point, I do not see sufficient evidence to support the historicity of a single individual consistent with the biblical narrative of the character called Jesus.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Satan has left the building,...go on home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I've heard of Pantera but Tulmud does not ring a bell.

I'm pretty, pretty sure that Dimebag Darrell co-founded both bands. wink

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
From the link....

"The commonly accepted view by both Greek and Christian and Jewish scholars states that Mary, at the age of twelve, had been raped by a young Roman soldier named Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera. He was born in 22 B.C.E. in Sidon, Phoenicia (Lebanon), became a Roman citizen and served as a Roman soldier stationed in Nazareth.

At some time he saw the young Jewish girl Miriam (Mary) walking through the fields and he raped her......

.....There is some dispute whether it was a forced rape or a consensual sexual act since young Mary was attracted to the Roman soldier."

.....There is some dispute whether it was a forced rape or a consensual sexual act since young Mary was attracted to the Roman soldier???

A debate over whether a 12 year old girl was raped or whether she actually had the hots for dashing young Tiberius Julius and was probably "asking for it" on that fateful afternoon out there in that wheat field, this debate beginning what, when the Talmud was written 300 years after the fact?

Does the Talmud state whether or not she had also been boned by a close relative as a child which could account for her unusual degree of promiscuity so early in life? I mean she had to be either particularly brazen or exceptionally unstable to engage in behaviors that could potentially result in her death. Also does the Talmud speculate whether she made the whole "the Angel Gabriel said God did it" cover story up when she turned up pregnant?

Here's another explanation..... Even during his lifetime this heretical Jesus character was a royal PITA to the Jewish establishment, and doubtless unkind speculations were spread as to Jesus's actual parentage, anything to discredit the guy. Meanwhile, while Jesus was still alive, if it were believed to be true, why wouldn't the Jewish leaders merely point out in public that his mom was a whore and Jesus a Roman bastard?

300 years after the fact, despite best efforts of first the Jews then the Romans to stamp it out, this whole "Jesus was the actual Messiah" cult was getting out of hand, by implication challenging the whole bedrock of Jewish Faith. Then the friggin' ROMAN EMPEROR CONSTANTINE, the most powerful man in the known world, flips over and joins the cult too, dragging the whole friggin Roman Empire with him, a seeming nightmare for world Judaism.

Might that influence a few Jewish scribes to record as fact the more ungracious slanders of the Christian Faith repeated over the years?

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
That's one of the lesser slanders from the Babylonian part of the Talmud.

It wrote the book on "hateful",....literally,...very, very literally.

The Babylonian Talmud has a serious grunt against the Messiah. Those people had to set up late every night for a long time just to imagine the stuff that they wrote in it about Jesus.

But it's okay. Because the energy that was directed against the Messiah by the (((powers that be))) is just further evidence of the legitimacy of the New Testament.

If it wasn't legitimate, they wouldn't have expended the energy.

John 8:42-47 tells you all you need to know about the Babylonian Talmud.

Prince of the air,........that's who wrote it.

K
K22 Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by K22
In a way I understand why Starman does this. It seems he wants to get people to think outside the box. I get it. I'm not sure how wise it is to do that on this website, but hey, its his neck.LOL

But, pls do note that both SM and AS have a clear purpose to cast doubt and to sway opinions of folks on this site.

For example, the historicity of Jesus. There are many many scholars that believe there is no doubt about the historicity of Jesus. Just google the “Historicity of Jesus.” Take a look at what Wikipedia ... for example.. has to say.

BUT... I will say it again, folks will look at the evidence and choose what to believe. The choice they make is based on the evidence, perhaps their background..... but also based on what is in them.

I am my own person, never doubt that. I always learn from many people in many walks of life. I am a firm believer in what Thomas Paine wrote a Minister friend of his. Paraphrasing, he told the Minister that the reason he believed that his God was the only true God and the reason Paine's Muslim friend believed that his God was the only true God was because of accident of birth.
That is a very true statement. Some will go on to learn other beliefs and warm up to them, but their early teachings (programming/brainwashing) is what will always be in the back of their minds. I can see and hear some of you now about to blow a gasket, but let me remind you that when you were born you didn't know didley [bleep] until your parents, preachers, teachers, and others began to teach you. But ask yourself this question, in the realm of religion, did they teach you all of the religions or just one? Also understand that I am not saying their teaching was wrong, just that it was in the true sense of the word, brainwashing/programming or sorcery.
If you think what I said is wrong, then ask yourself this, if you were never taught anything about any religion and I mean never, nor heard about any religious belief, what would you believe?
Interesting thought isn't it.
We believe that sorcery is about performing some unseen magic, but in truth a sorcerers tool are words. Words cannot be seen, but can bring imagination, they can "magically" make you see something. Therefore, a sorcerer can be good or bad, just as brainwashing/programming is. They send us to school to be programmed.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Not to try to be a Theologian on the matter,...because I'm a fairly sorry representative on the subject,....but I've given it a lot of thought.

And the direction of the current evil in the world is the clearest example of the legitimacy of the New Testament.

The evil which exists in the world could have gone a thousand different ways, But as it stands, it's directly in the face of the New Testament.

That isn't a coincidence.

,...and it's coming on fast.

Look around,.....the left,..... that is destroying western society,..... is demonic.

I'm not the only person who sees it.

https://www.amazon.com/Demonic-How-Liberal-Endangering-America/dp/0307353494

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's people dropping in here talking that demonic schitt. I don't think they understand that they're doing it. They think it's something that they've rationalized out for themselves.

But in reality they're just another variant of the useful idiot,....except it's on a scale that Marx never could imagine.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here is truth: Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He that believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Believe what you want, Starman, and mock the word as much as you will. But the truth has been told to you, you would not hear it, and there will be no excuse for your choice on that day when we are all of us called to account. On that day every knee will bow and every tonque will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Even your knee and your tongue. But it will be too late for you.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Faith's only function is to receive what Grace offers. - John Stott

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by curdog4570

When it comes to spiritual matters, you have proved yourself to be an idiot. Over and over....ad finitum.

You are the christian that relies on a version of Bible with many deleted verses from the original.

What original are you referring to?

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by RiverRider

That's why I've decided that nothing he posts is worth reading. ...

yet you still click on my thread and still read what people have quoted from me...LOL.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by Tyrone
I'm sure the OP and some others believe in Alexander, Socrates and Aristotle. Absolutely no proof any of them existed. They are just myths.

There are legitimate questions regarding the historicity of the character known as Socrates.
Alexander and his tutor Aristotle, not so much.
Of course none of this has any bearing on the historicity of Jesus.

So, do you disbelieve the historicity of Jesus?

A simple yes or no will do.

You do not get to dictate how I answer. If I answer, it will be in a manner of my choosing.

At this point, I do not see sufficient evidence to support the historicity of a single individual consistent with the biblical narrative of the character called Jesus.

So, putting aside your weasel words, we can mark you down as a YES.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by xxclaro

And you believe that?

Notice that he never if ever answers a simple direct question. Incapable of it.

I think his forefathers were apes.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by K22
Originally Posted by K22

I am my own person, never doubt that. I always learn from many people in many walks of life. I am a firm believer in what Thomas Paine wrote a Minister friend of his. Paraphrasing, he told the Minister that the reason he believed that his God was the only true God and the reason Paine's Muslim friend believed that his God was the only true God was because of accident of birth.
That is a very true statement. Some will go on to learn other beliefs and warm up to them, but their early teachings (programming/brainwashing) is what will always be in the back of their minds. I can see and hear some of you now about to blow a gasket, but let me remind you that when you were born you didn't know didley [bleep] until your parents, preachers, teachers, and others began to teach you. But ask yourself this question, in the realm of religion, did they teach you all of the religions or just one? Also understand that I am not saying their teaching was wrong, just that it was in the true sense of the word, brainwashing/programming or sorcery.
If you think what I said is wrong, then ask yourself this, if you were never taught anything about any religion and I mean never, nor heard about any religious belief, what would you believe?
Interesting thought isn't it.
We believe that sorcery is about performing some unseen magic, but in truth a sorcerers tool are words. Words cannot be seen, but can bring imagination, they can "magically" make you see something. Therefore, a sorcerer can be good or bad, just as brainwashing/programming is. They send us to school to be programmed.

K22, i see where you are coming from. i can't help but agree. not that the teachings are bad, but it's one or another teaching versus several others. and they're not compared with each other, most likely is the case. so we get one set of programming or another, whether it's catholic, baptist, pentacostal, mormon, etc. etc.

this is a subject seldom taught or discussed anywhere much, except on open, free-market forums such as this one. it's painful to acknowledge for some, very enlightening for others who are on the "hunt" for solace, understanding, the truth, etc. etc.

until one has been through a sweat lodge ceremony or two it's hard to say one knows for sure if it's worth a damn. same thing applies to kneeling at an altar. if you haven't experienced it, then it's difficult to know how to place a value on it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
From the link....

"The commonly accepted view by both Greek and Christian and Jewish scholars states that Mary, at the age of twelve, had been raped by a young Roman soldier named Tiberius Julius Abdes Pantera. He was born in 22 B.C.E. in Sidon, Phoenicia (Lebanon), became a Roman citizen and served as a Roman soldier stationed in Nazareth.

At some time he saw the young Jewish girl Miriam (Mary) walking through the fields and he raped her......

.....There is some dispute whether it was a forced rape or a consensual sexual act since young Mary was attracted to the Roman soldier."

.....There is some dispute whether it was a forced rape or a consensual sexual act since young Mary was attracted to the Roman soldier???

A debate over whether a 12 year old girl was raped or whether she actually had the hots for dashing young Tiberius Julius and was probably "asking for it" on that fateful afternoon out there in that wheat field, this debate beginning what, when the Talmud was written 300 years after the fact?

Does the Talmud state whether or not she had also been boned by a close relative as a child which could account for her unusual degree of promiscuity so early in life? I mean she had to be either particularly brazen or exceptionally unstable to engage in behaviors that could potentially result in her death. Also does the Talmud speculate whether she made the whole "the Angel Gabriel said God did it" cover story up when she turned up pregnant?

Here's another explanation..... Even during his lifetime this heretical Jesus character was a royal PITA to the Jewish establishment, and doubtless unkind speculations were spread as to Jesus's actual parentage, anything to discredit the guy. Meanwhile, while Jesus was still alive, if it were believed to be true, why wouldn't the Jewish leaders merely point out in public that his mom was a whore and Jesus a Roman bastard?

300 years after the fact, despite best efforts of first the Jews then the Romans to stamp it out, this whole "Jesus was the actual Messiah" cult was getting out of hand, by implication challenging the whole bedrock of Jewish Faith. Then the friggin' ROMAN EMPEROR CONSTANTINE, the most powerful man in the known world, flips over and joins the cult too, dragging the whole friggin Roman Empire with him, a seeming nightmare for world Judaism.

Might that influence a few Jewish scribes to record as fact the more ungracious slanders of the Christian Faith repeated over the years?

"Commonly accepted view"?

That's a stretch.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Not to try to be a Theologian on the matter,...because I'm a fairly sorry representative on the subject,....but I've given it a lot of thought.

And the direction of the current evil in the world is the clearest example of the legitimacy of the New Testament.

The evil which exists in the world could have gone a thousand different ways, But as it stands, it's directly in the face of the New Testament.

That isn't a coincidence.

,...and it's coming on fast.

Look around,.....the left,..... that is destroying western society,..... is demonic.

I'm not the only person who sees it.

https://www.amazon.com/Demonic-How-Liberal-Endangering-America/dp/0307353494

Current evils??

The world is actually better than it's ever been:

And more Atheist.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Here is truth: Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He that believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Believe what you want, Starman, and mock the word as much as you will. But the truth has been told to you, you would not hear it, and there will be no excuse for your choice on that day when we are all of us called to account. On that day every knee will bow and every tonque will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Even your knee and your tongue. But it will be too late for you.

That's a bold claim.

I'd like to see you support it.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1lessdog, 1936M71, 1800topsoil, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,585 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,692
Posts18,494,109
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.