Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Here is truth: Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God. He that believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Believe what you want, Starman, and mock the word as much as you will. But the truth has been told to you, you would not hear it, and there will be no excuse for your choice on that day when we are all of us called to account. On that day every knee will bow and every tonque will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Even your knee and your tongue. But it will be too late for you.

THIS...it’s not really all that complicated. Sadly the cross is a stumbling block for so many.

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
... seems like back in the day the thinking was that the dude who had consensual sex with Mary was a Chaldean archer that was assigned
to the roman army . by whatever process, she became pregnant. some suggest his grave marker still exists.

Jews in the day did well for themselves by exploiting opportunity - by doing regular business with occupational force Romans.
Many ordinary Jews supplied the Romans who had besieged the trouble making zealots on Masada...at the same time being glad
the minority troublesome zealots were being dealt with.

Mary could have been like one of many opportunist Jews that followed the Roman columns and encampments around.
could have met a Roman warrior with a twinkle in the eye and some empty promises made, and after he got what he
wanted he just abandoned her.. but left her with a bun in the oven.

But we have zealot christian folks here who prefer an irrational belief in talking snakes, unicorns and children fathered by ghosts.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Gus
... seems like back in the day the thinking was that the dude who had consensual sex with Mary was a Chaldean archer that was assigned to the roman army.
by whatever process, she became pregnant. some suggest his grave marker still exists.

Jews in the day did well for themselves by exploiting opportunity - by doing regular business with occupational force Romans.
Many ordinary Jews supplied the Romans who had besieged the trouble making zealots on Masada...at the same time being glad
the minority troublesome zealots were being dealt with.

Mary could have been like one of many opportunist Jews that followed the Roman columns and encampments around.
could have met a Roman warrior with a twinkle in the eye and some empty promises made, and after he got what he
wanted he just abandoned her.. but let her with a bun in the oven.

Your so knowledgeable. Last time I was as smart as you I was 17 years old!

You should write your own book about it all! A billionaire you'll be, I betcha!

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
You good folks make it so complicated.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

What original are you referring to?

Well there's more than one eg;, the original first greek version Septuagint, the first complete English Wycliffe.
which both retained the original verses from Hebrew and Aramaic.

dog4570 and his ilk however prefer a bible that deletes many of the verses God gave.
Christian sinners telling God that many words he gave are no longer worth recording in a Bible...go figure.

Im hard pressed to believe people who manipulate Bible in such manner are being led by the Holy Spirit... wink

IC B2

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
So many words and fights over semantics and virtually none embracing the real message that Christ brought to us.

Prior to and since the council of Jerusalem 50 CE , Christians have argued and compromised their beliefs.
The Council of Jerusalem demonstrated the willingness of apostolic leaders to make compromises
on issues in order to maintain peace and unity in the church.

arguments and compromises also preceded and followed each of the seven (7) Ecumenical councils stretching from 325AD - 787AD.

essentially Christians have been constantly arguing, disputing and at each others throats... for 2000 yrs.

Butthead christians like TF49 and his band of fellow modern day zealots are a little late to the protest party if they are worried about
compromises in christian beliefs.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe

What original are you referring to?

Well there's more than one eg;, the original first greek version Septuagint, the first complete English Wycliffe.
which both retained the original verses from Hebrew and Aramaic.

dog4570 and his ilk however prefer a bible that deletes many of the verses God gave.
Christian sinners telling God that many words he gave are no longer worth recording in a Bible...go figure.

Im hard pressed to believe people who manipulate Bible in such manner are being led by the Holy Spirit... wink

You don't believe what it says anyway, so what difference does it make?

Politics is War by Other Means
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tyrone

You don't believe what it says anyway, so what difference does it make?

This thread topic relating to the Talmud is not stopping you or any other christian following their particular choice of belief
or disbelief from the Bible - as varied as christian beliefs are....but its seems some are not happy with other peoples freedom
to have a rational discussion about the Talmud.

basically the CF zealots have tuned in to express their anger at other people not buying their version of adopted beliefs.

...and the same zealots that have no issue with christianity hijacking ancient pre-Jesus pagan festivals and making them christian.

Go back in time to 1500s and we had Catholic zealots who said Martin Luther was a 'demon in the appearance of a man'.
and that kind of kooky twit mindset still exists right here on the CF in the 21st century.

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
".and the same zealots that have no issue with christianity hijacking ancient pre-Jesus pagan festivals and making them christian."

Now that is a good point. Maybe it can be answered??

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Rape by a Roman sounds far more believable than a virgin birth fathered by a ghost.

But of course there're millions of Christians who put their faith in the KJV bible instead
of the Talmud.

Sure. But do you believe it's true?

So, SM, are you going to answer his question?

It is a simple question. You posted it and you were asked a simple direct question. Don’t tell us you already answered. You did not, you just responded with “weasel words.”

Will you answer?

Or.... will you ignore it because.......?

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B3

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I did answer xxxClaro , but its not the answer zealots like you will ever be happy with.

btw; have you dressed your pagan symbol Christmas tree yet..?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rob Jordan, you are one more phony son of a bitch. You wagered your presence on this forum and lost the bet. Now you are welching on that bet every time you post.

You do not belong in the company of men.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I aint the 'RJ" you talk of , but I cant stop what wild fantasy a fool chooses to believe .....by all means carry on the way you are...

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I did answer xxxClaro , but its not the answer zealots like you will ever be happy with.

btw; have you dressed your pagan symbol Christmas tree yet..?

Nah, you didn’t answer it and you know it.

I’m just trying to have a rational discussion with you about what you posted about this Ben panthers story.

Seems you don’t want to have a rational discussion.

Now, I realize you are trying to play switch with your question about the Christmas tree.

The answer is that I have not had a Christmas up in probably ten years, but if someone wants to do that, I’m ok with their choice.

Now, will you answer the question?

Last edited by TF49; 12/10/18. Reason: Spell check ambush

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My answer to xxClaro is still on record on the forum, best you go check...
but like I said, zealots like you will never be happy unless its the answer you want to see.
your fantasies rest with the Bible not me.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My answer to xxClaro is still on record on the forum, best you go check...
but like I said, zealots like you will never be happy unless its the answer you want to see.
your fantasies rest with the Bible not me.

I did check it and you most certainly did not.

Simple question, but you cannot bear to answer it. You posted the reference to the Ben panthers story but will not tell us if you believe or not.

Whether I am zealot or not has no bearing on your failure to step up to the plate and face the pitch.

Do you believe the Ben panthers story or not.

Yes or no?

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TF49

LOL ...my answer to xxClaro is still there you FOOL....your problem is that you DONT like it.

You show up and post provocative subject matter....

Not everybody seems provoked and rattled like you seem....which tells me your problem largely rests within you.

....When I was in business, those type of words were called weasel words Lots of bobbing and weaving, obfuscation abounding.

Jesus often didn't speak his message clear and directly , but rather he concealed or obsfucated the truth in parables.

Jesus effectively used what you call the 'weasel words' approach.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

LOL ...my answer to xxClaro is still there you FOOL....your problem is that you DONT like it.

You show up and post provocative subject matter....

Not everybody seems provoked and rattled like you seem....which tells me your problem largely rests within you.

.... Lots of bobbing and weaving, obfuscation abounding.

Jesus often didn't speak his message clear and directly , but rather he concealed or obsfucated the truth in parables.

Oh boy.... bobbing and weaving.....weasel words... obfuscation.... equivocation ..... in spades.

Classic SM.

You can’t do it. Cannot answer. You need to use your internet search skills and see what equivocation and prevarication mean.

These are all chacteristics of a troll.

Meh.....

Starman Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My answer to xxClaro is on PAGE 1, If you can't find it or understand it , you are far far dumber than you already appear.
I don't have anymore time for your level of STUPID....maybe your favorite priest or pastor can sooth your hurt snowflake feelings.
or just get your wife to read you a bedtime bible story....can I suggest Balaams talking donkey.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My answer to xxClaro is on PAGE 1, If you can't find it or understand it , you are far far dumber than you already appear.
I don't have anymore time for your level of STUPID....maybe your favorite priest or pastor can sooth your hurt snowflake feelings.
or just get your wife to read you a bedtime bible story....can I suggest Balaams talking donkey.

Getting testy?

Like I said, troll.

Meh....

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

723 members (12344mag, 163bc, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 1Longbow, 77 invisible), 2,614 guests, and 1,242 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,727
Posts18,494,746
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.