Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
jpb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Rick

I had to use a VPN to be able to contact you.

When I try access the forums of 24hourcampfire.com, I get the message "This IP address has been banned from the board" :-(

I'm innocent! :-)

I've been a member since June 2001 so I'm an "old timer" and I have over 7700 posts.

My last post was November 26 on the "Spawning brook trout" thread.

I sure haven't posted anything rude or anything that would get me banned! This has to be some technical fault -- have you got any reports for others in Europe who are having problems? I am in Sweden.

I'd sure appreciate it if you could fix this. I'm also sure that you don't want to be losing good members because of some technical problem that bans the innocent! :-)

Cheers,
John (user "jpb" on the 'Fire)

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jpb
Hi Rick

I had to use a VPN to be able to contact you.

When I try access the forums of 24hourcampfire.com, I get the message "This IP address has been banned from the board" :-(

I'm innocent! :-)

I've been a member since June 2001 so I'm an "old timer" and I have over 7700 posts.

My last post was November 26 on the "Spawning brook trout" thread.

I sure haven't posted anything rude or anything that would get me banned! This has to be some technical fault -- have you got any reports for others in Europe who are having problems? I am in Sweden.

I'd sure appreciate it if you could fix this. I'm also sure that you don't want to be losing good members because of some technical problem that bans the innocent! :-)

Cheers,

There is your problem, you just don't fit in.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
jpb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by jpb
<snip>

I sure haven't posted anything rude or anything that would get me banned!

There is your problem, you just don't fit in.

Ha! You make a good point! grin

John

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hi Guys:

If and when this happens, it's because, as you may have noticed, we are dealing with a lot of spam lately. I am doing what I can to ban IP addresses. Sometimes, I may cast the net a bit too wide. So, in advance my apologies. I can always go back and fix it.

Stand by ....

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
PM sent.

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

jpb Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Everything is back to normal, and I can post without using my VPN.

Thanks for the quick action, Rick!

John

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Rick - I have never had a problem. I did want to thank you for what you do. It may not be perfect but I appreciate this site and I know the amount of work behind the scene is so much more than most would think of. As a suggestion, I use firefox and ALWAYS run noscript add on. I have never had a popup that I did not allow. Not sure if this works for phones running firefox but on computers this is as good as it gets. Having used this for over 5 years it handle not just popups, but ANY attempt to run code or java script on anything other than an approved website or one you have whitelisted. This is a fully HIPPA compliant computer and this little program is so helpful. Sorry to digress. Again, thank you for what you do.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jpb
Everything is back to normal, and I can post without using my VPN.

Thanks for the quick action, Rick!

John

Problem no doubt had something to do with your connection with lutefisk.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,350 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,465
Posts18,471,363
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.