Campfire Regular
L

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I'm curious how the state police knew the buck was shot with a rifle instead of bow. Forensics on the carcass or blabbermouth on social media?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
nice lookin' buck there!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
He said something to somebody somewhere
That type cant help but brag about what they did.
Eventually a set of ears heard and didnt like it.

Dudes got busted at Ft Campbell about 8 yrs ago basically the same way......

Or dumbass posted stuff on the web and the same type of thing happened.

Some dude was here awhile ago that was along the same line.
Getting hammered by a bunch of guys about fugged up chyt he did.
Cant remember his username, but I'm sure others know the poster.

Another dude ass shot a bear posted about it on here. He was a royal douche bag for sure.

Last edited by renegade50; 12/13/18.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Were I to azz shoot a bear I wouldn't post it on here, no matter how proud of my winch I may be.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Excellent! Great to see poachers go down.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This part of the article doesn't make sense to me . . .

"The hunter had claimed to have taken the deer during archery season, with a valid archery tag.

"And that is against the law in Oregon."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, it's against the law if one uses his rifle to bag the animal during archery season.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morewood
I'm curious how the state police knew the buck was shot with a rifle instead of bow. Forensics on the carcass or blabbermouth on social media?

My guess would be no razor cuts to the hide.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Taxidermist get busted too?

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
"I fought the law, and the law won..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
Taxidermist get busted too?

If it is a trophy class animal, it will have to be examined and measured, green and dry. I don't know all the rules, myself. Never bothered with a mount, by my friends have. Most likely to be a full Cape, and bullet wounds do not look like arrow wounds.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Loose lips sink ships. Dumass posted pictures of a very large timber rattler he shot. They are protected here. They fined his ass.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
What pisses me off the most, is the penalties the Judge gave him...

3 years no hunting license... $6250 fine, same as they can give you for littering.... and so on..

This guy should never be allowed to have a hunting license or a firearm.. along with 5 to 10 years behind bars.. seizure of about $50k of his possessions....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
A few years ago some guys from FT Hood TX shot a large alligator illegally and posted pictures on facebook. They were arrested the next day.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The poacher is from Eugene. Does anything good ever come out of that town?

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Lennie: Thanks for sharing this - I had not heard about it.
I am glad the authorities caught this criminal (however they found out about it?) and that he has been punished.
One worrisome aspect of this (and similar incidents) situation is how it brings to mind the trend of more and more of this type of "ego satisfaction" conduct on the part of more and more hunters of recent.
In other words I am sad to see the direction that Hunting is going in for more and more people.
Shame that trophy animal was desecrated by that egotistical morons actions!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It was a poorly written article. I'd like to know how the authorities determined the deer was shot with a rifle after it was caped out and mounted.

Strange.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Fing cheating slimeball who poached a deer should lose everything including his house....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Were I to azz shoot a bear I wouldn't post it on here, no matter how proud of my winch I may be.

mike r

You would be buried under an avalanche of criticism.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
from the article:
But as Oregon State Police investigated the hunter in May 2018 in connection to other crimes, they learned the record-setting deer had been shot with a rifle.
Seems that the gentleman isn't an upstanding citizen. The police apparently had cause to look further.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Seafire

3 years no hunting license... $6250 fine, same as they can give you for littering.... and so on..

This guy should never be allowed to have a hunting license or a firearm.. along with 5 to 10 years behind bars.. seizure of about $50k of his possessions....

Why? It’s a [bleep] deer. Are you PETA or something? It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two.

I understand the need for seasons and all that, but I’ll never understand those who would basically wish for someone’s life to be ended because he killed an animal in a illegal manner, particularly when had he waited a few weeks and killed it in the exact same manner, it would have been completely legal.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Since it is only illegal if you get caught I guess he got caught.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Why? It’s a [bleep] deer. Are you PETA or something? It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two.

I understand the need for seasons and all that, but I’ll never understand those who would basically wish for someone’s life to be ended because he killed an animal in a illegal manner, particularly when had he waited a few weeks and killed it in the exact same manner, it would have been completely legal.

Because he stole it from a legal hunter. I hate thieves.

"It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two."

No way to know this or assume it probable. I legal hunter could have killed it and this scum took away that chance.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by callnum

"It probably would have been hit by a truck or died of old age in a year or two."

No way to know this or assume it probable. I legal hunter could have killed it and this scum took away that chance.

That sort of twisted logic could be applied to about anything.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No sir, and a common fault in young people these days. It's illegal, weither or not you get caught. It's the difference between right and wrong, and when you say "it's only wrong if you get caught" you get warped values. That phrase (and justification for wrong behavior) needs to be stomped out without mercy.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

You and I differ in that I couldn't give a flying toss what other fellows hunt...or where.

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more sheltered orderly life than I.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Only thing twisted is your sympathy for poachers, which leads to a question of why are you sympathetic to poachers?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kellory

No sir, and a common fault in young people these days. It's illegal, weither or not you get caught. It's the difference between right and wrong, and when you say "it's only wrong if you get caught" you get warped values. That phrase (and justification for wrong behavior) needs to be stomped out without mercy.

Bullsh_t.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You and I differ in that I couldn't give a flying toss what other fellows hunt...or where.

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more honest life than I.

Fixed it for you.

Last edited by callnum; 12/14/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Bullsh_t.

Not bull. You only see punishment if you get caught, but the action is still illegal, the law has been violated. You have done wrong. That doesn't change just because no one was looking at the time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more lawful life than I.

[b][/b][i][/i]

Really, you think the half-arsed greenie stuffed up laws should all be dutifully obeyed at all costs...I don't.

And I don't give a flying f_ck as to your opinion on the matter.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more lawful life than I.

[b][/b][i][/i]

Really, you think the half-arsed greenie stuffed up laws should all be dutifully obeyed at all costs...I don't.

Then why the f_ck are you on a forum? That would be counter productive.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Only thing twisted is your sympathy for poachers, which leads to a question of why are you sympathetic to poachers?

Because I’m smart enough to realize that wanting to send someone to jail for years, fine them tens of thousands of dollars, and otherwise ruin their lives for shooting a deer is ridiculous and stupid?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by Jericho
A few years ago some guys from FT Hood TX shot a large alligator illegally and posted pictures on facebook. They were arrested the next day.

Dunno about that but this one was busted because of a facebook post. Kilt on neighbors place about 1/2 mile from my house back in 2011

https://www.elgincourier.com/news/article_a073f356-48d6-11e0-88e4-001cc4c002e0.html?mode=jqm

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Bullsh_t.

Not bull. You only see punishment if you get caught, but the action is still illegal, the law has been violated. You have done wrong. That doesn't change just because no one was looking at the time.

I obey that which I deem to be in my interest...that which I consider absurd, stupid, childish, or aimed at some one else, I simply ignore.

For instance, it is illegal to dispatch native fauna without a relevant licence from National Sparks and Wildfires...but I refuse to allow vehicle struck 'roos to die a miserable death so kill them as I will to alleviate suffering...and f_ck the law and your opinion.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

[b][/b][i][/i]

Then why the f_ck are you on a forum? That would be counter productive.

Because I damn well wish to be, and I do not need your permission so be so good as to go f_ck yourself...or not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Your laws and your issues. But by that logic, I chose to ignore all laws. No problem....right?

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Touchy, touchy....sounds like a guilty conscience, or an untenable position.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And if you have never had occasion to hunt somewhere you shouldn't for something you shouldn't then you have led a more honest life than I.

Fixed it for you.

Judgey sort of a c_nt aren't you.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Fixed it for you.

To an admitted poacher like you, ya I guess.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Your laws and your issues. But by that logic, I chose to ignore all laws. No problem....right?

Do whatever you wish, either way it is of no import to me.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Threads like this show us who will only be too eager to turn in other gun owners when the time comes.

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/14/18.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Fixed it for you.

To an admitted poacher like you, ya I guess.

So...do you think you are hurting my feelings, may as well shove in a line about me shooting under a spotlight as well.

Been known to be colourful with tax as well.

So f_cking what.

Last edited by JSTUART; 12/14/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Right , Because you're in a completely different country and we are a nation of laws.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Threads like this show us who will only be too eager to turn in other gun owners when the time comes.

Shows those that cannot think for themselves.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Right , Because you're in a completely different country and we are a nation of laws.

Really...Hillary.

Just for a start.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Really...Hillary.

Just for a start.

You want her? She's all yours..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

And you lot sound like the bleeting of sheep.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

And you lot sound like the bleeting of sheep.

Best way to find the Wolf.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Really...Hillary.

Just for a start.

You want her? She's all yours..

Oh, no mention of the laws she has supposedly broken.

You seem to live in glass castles.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

So...do you think you are hurting my feelings, may as well shove in a line about me shooting under a spotlight as well.

So f_cking what.

I could care less about your feelings, but you are less then honest.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So f_cking what.

So.

I have led an interesting life outside the slaughter pens, I fully intend to continue.

And if you intend to sit there and tell all and sundry you have never in your life broken or bent a single solitary law than you are a lying sob.

Last edited by JSTUART; 12/14/18.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, those who live in glass houses, shouldn't stow thrones.;) just being honest. To hold someone else to a lawful standard while breaking the law yourself is hypocritical.

Last edited by kellory; 12/14/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

So f_cking what.

So.

I have led an interesting life outside the slaughter pens, I fully intend to continue.

And if you intend to sit there and tell all and sundry you have never in your life broken or bent a single solitary law than you are a lying sob.

Hopefully you get to spend some time in lockup soon. Sounds like you deserve it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No, those who live in glass houses, shouldn't stow the ones.;) just being honest. To hold someone else to a lawful standard while breaking the law yourself is hypocritical.

To get upset about some dill breaking some silly law is hypocritical when you have yourself broken laws...or are you too going to pretend you have never done so.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

So f_cking what.

So.

Hopefully you get to spend some time in lockup soon. Sounds like you deserve it.

You don't know a damn thing about me fellow, but I do know you are a hypocrite.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No, those who live in glass houses, shouldn't stow the ones.;) just being honest. To hold someone else to a lawful standard while breaking the law yourself is hypocritical.

You may wish to read what you have written, as you need it more than I.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

To get upset about some dill breaking some silly law is hypocritical when you have yourself broken laws...or are you too going to pretend you have never done so.

Nope, And I was waiting for the question. As a child I tried shoplifting, And got caught. I knew it was wrong didn't matter if I needed it or not, It was still wrong. I paid the price for it, But the worst part was letting my father down.
So yes, I am Hypocritical to hate a thief. But it doesn't mean I'd let it slide.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Nope, And I was waiting for the question. As a child I tried shoplifting, And got caught. I knew it was wrong didn't matter if I needed it or not, It was still wrong. I paid the price for it, But the worst part was letting my father down.
So yes, I am Hypocritical to hate a thief. But it doesn't mean I'd let it slide.

Really, as a child.

Never broken or bent a single law in all this time since...really?

Bullsh_t.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Really, as a child.

Bullsh_t.

Traffic violations, yeah a few. But I try to lead an honest and truthful life.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Really, as a child.

Bullsh_t.

Traffic violations, yeah a few. But I try to lead an honest and truthful life.

Go ahead and cast the first stone...oh wait!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jesus says to the crowd " let them without sin cast the first stone. " one rock comes sailing out of the crowd and strike the whore, and jesus says "MOTHER!!!!!!" wink

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

One thing I did find odd in the op is the hunting season thing you lot have there, we don't really have those tie-ups.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

One thing I did find odd in the op is the hunting season thing you lot have there, we don't really have those tie-ups.

It's no different than hunting an animal at night or with an illegal weapon, its poaching. Americans have never been known for going small or being timid. We hunted a lot of a game near to extinction. That's why market hunting is illegal, And why we have Hunting seasons and bag limits. This is to maintain herd sizes so that there will be hunting down the road.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

It's no different than hunting an animal at night or with an illegal weapon, its poaching. Americans have never been known for going small or being timid. We hunted a lot of a game near to extinction. That's why market hunting is illegal, And why we have Hunting seasons and bag limits. This is to maintain herd sizes so that there will be hunting down the road.

Doesn't apply here.

Poaching here is either hunting on Government land or private without permission...or in the case of one property I shot where I had the owner's blessing but did not have the relevant Government tags, but three feet over the fence on the eastern and southern side I did.

And there is not a roo shooter in existence that hasn't shot a roo on the side of the road on the way home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rough crowd today - eh, JStuart?

Seems like the poacher got the lawful penalty, but some aren't satisfied with that and want his hide. I gotta say, that's pretty damn fascist of 'em.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by FreeMe

Seems like the poacher got the lawful penalty, but some aren't satisfied with that and want his hide. I gotta say, that's pretty damn fascist of 'em.

For some reason that eludes me there seems to be those that want to do the left's job for them.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Ya its just crazy wanting to protect a publicly owned natural resource.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What hair up your ass causes you to argue like a pubescent girl? No one here has said we shouldn't have game laws and enforce them. It's the call for life-ruining excessive punishment (in other words - more than the law imposes) that I'm referring to. Imprisonment for minor game violations is as stupid as the same for minor tax violations. That some of you think the state should have such absolute control over your pet issues just because it's "publicly owned resource" speaks volumes about your personal acceptance of the fascist mindset. The personal attack mode you and others have launched in this thread is exactly the kind of [bleep] that the fascist left thrives on.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

What hair up your ass causes you to argue like a pubescent girl? No one here has said we shouldn't have game laws and enforce them. It's the call for life-ruining excessive punishment (in other words - more than the law imposes) that I'm referring to. Imprisonment for minor game violations is as stupid as the same for minor tax violations. That some of you think the state should have such absolute control over your pet issues just because it's "publicly owned resource" speaks volumes about your personal acceptance of the fascist mindset. The personal attack mode you and others have launched in this thread is exactly the kind of [bleep] that the fascist left thrives on.

Speaking of "pubescent girl" seems you and a couple others sink right to name calling. Poaching is stealing and I hate thieves.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I think its a pretty despicable crime that western states game agencies essentially feed tens of thousands of deer and thousands of elk to lions and wolves every year.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Speaking of "pubescent girl" seems you and a couple others sink right to name calling. Poaching is stealing and I hate thieves.

You just can't stop, can you? I never called you a name, and your accusation of such is BS. I described your style of argument as that of a pubescent girl, and you turn it around and call it "name-calling" - which is just another example of the same argument style. Nice work. Poaching is poaching. Calling it just what it is doesn't make it any less of an offense. If we want to lump every such activity into "stealing", we can include cheating on taxes (which includes more things than most bother to check), keeping things found on the ground that don't belong to you, and stiffing the waitress. How do you fare?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

You just can't stop, can you? I never called you a name, and your accusation of such is BS. I described your style of argument as that of a pubescent girl, and you turn it around and call it "came-calling" - which is just another example of the same argument style. Nice work. Poaching is poaching. Calling it just what it is doesn't make it any less of an offense. If we want to lump every such activity into "stealing", we can include cheating on taxes (which includes more things than most bother to check), keeping things found on the ground that don't belong to you, and stiffing the waitress. How do you fare?

I fare just fine since I don't do any of the above, you must though. Going from poaching to stiffing a waitress is a stretch even for the Fire. If you don't or can't understand how poaching is stealing, I really can't help.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I want to save our national forests and the animals therin by preventing illegal alien caravans from entering into our country and by kicking out illegals here. They exact a heavy toll o our natural resources and contribute to the pollution of our air with the hoopies they drive.

They also rape or kill hundreds upon hundreds of our fellow citizens each year and extract a financial toll of about $70,000 per alien dimocrap.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the white trash roars.

This site has successfully collected the biggest pile of low lifes I've ever seen in one spot.
It's been like a gill-net for white scum for the last ten years.

If you're not boasting about thieving from the self check out at Walmart you're whining about a fellow dirt bag getting busted by F&G when someone feels the penalties are too light.

A lot of good people have moved away from this site due to you loud mouthed fks.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I fare just fine since I don't do any of the above, you must though. Going from poaching to stiffing a waitress is a stretch even for the Fire. If you don't or can't understand how poaching is stealing, I really can't help.

No help needed. I am perfectly fine with letting things be what they are, instead of lumping them all together and demanding the same punishment for all. That's fine and dandy for The Lord - but not for earthly governments. How about we just pull your driver's license and impound your car for going over the speed limit?

For some, poaching is eating. For some others, poaching is a careless mistake. Still others choose a lessor of two evils (and if you can't imagine how that happens, you haven't hunted much). Go ahead and incarcerate 'em for that. I'm not making excuses for poaching. Just pointing out that some of you take it far too personally and slide into the fascist mode.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by akasparky

This site has successfully collected the biggest pile of low lifes I've ever seen in one spot.

If you're not boasting about thieving from the self check out at Walmart you're whining about a fellow dirt bag getting busted by F&G when someone feels the penalties are too light.

A lot of good people have moved away from this site due to you loud mouthed fks.

Who's whining? You are. And tossing in the ad hominem to boot.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
People get less that some of you would like for manslaughter, drugs leading to death, etc etc. Im all for hammering poachers, but you escalate the penalty for killing an animal over a human, youre a PETA loving kcunt.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Not hard to imagine a lot of you in another life shrugging your shoulders and saying, “Ja, Befehl ist Befehl.”

Last edited by JoeBob; 12/14/18.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by akasparky

You should too.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not hard to imagine a lot of you in another life shrugging your shoulders and saying, “Ja, Befehl ist Befehl.”

Idunno. I think ol' callnum is just pissed 'cause he never bagged a trophy buck, and thinks it's the fault of some poacher, and therefore they should all rot. His idea of the value of a person is pretty warped though.

Going from poaching to stiffing a waitress is a stretch even for the Fire.

Personally, for the record, I'd poach a deer before I'd stiff the waitress.

As for akasparky - it's pretty rich how some guys who've contributed little to this forum like to spout accusations and personal insults and then whine about people being "driven off". Way I see it, Sparky - you have three choices. Keep whining and making an ass of yourself; find yourself a forum safe space; or try and have an adult conversation.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You gots to be careful with Callnum. He is the aboriginal.

That's to say he is a bit fragile.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jesus says to the crowd " let them without sin cast the first stone. " one rock comes sailing out of the crowd and strike the whore, and jesus says "MOTHER!!!!!!" wink

Jesus Mary and Joseph that was funny!

Carpe' Scrotum
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You do know that "illegal" and "wrong" aren't synonymous, right?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dassa

Correct, in most instances. Perhaps integrity would fit the usage better. It's doing the right thing even though no one is watching.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Correct, in most instances. Perhaps integrity would fit the usage better. It's doing the right thing even though no one is watching.

You are still mixing up "right" and "legal".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

No. In most cases, right IS legal, and legal IS right. When it is not, it is time for legally changing the law.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

No. In most cases, right IS legal, and legal IS right. When it is not, it is time for legally changing the law.

Apparently you aren't getting the hang of it...they are not the same thing at all, though they do reside in the same place occasionally.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Apparently you aren't getting the hang of it...they are not the same thing at all, though they do reside in the same place occasionally.

No, I do understand. You don't.
Edit: I'm not going to debate this with you. Read Madison and Locke for starters, and get back to me.

Last edited by kellory; 12/15/18.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Edit: I'm not going to debate this with you. Read Madison and Locke for starters, and get back to me.

No thank you Mr superior.

I will leave you with this which is legal, but definitely not right.

Link.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Poachers SUCK!!!!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
OHA LIFE MEMBER
RMEF LIFE MEMBER
*MOLON LABE SKYLA*
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thou shalt not kill the Kings animals.
In the time of Richard the Lionheart a minor noble of Nottinghamshire, one Robin of Loxley, was outlawed for poaching deer. Now at that time the deer in a royal forest belonged to the king, and killing one of the king's deer was therefore treason, and punishable by death.

Let's all kneel and bow our heads to the King

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Sounds like some people on this board need a short course on the difference between “Malum in se” and “Malum prohibitum”.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Publicly owned natural resource?
You're delusional. You mean government owned animals. Even on private land they are still government owned property.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

In the time of Richard the Lionheart a minor noble of Nottinghamshire, one Robin of Loxley, was outlawed for poaching deer. Now at that time the deer in a royal forest belonged to the king, and killing one of the king's deer was therefore treason, and punishable by death.

I am firmly in the camp of "the king can go f himself", whether he wears a crown or not.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

Integrity has nothing to do with following the law, either.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

You mean the guys who wrote about having a severely limited government? Yeah, I doubt they're as confused as you seem to be.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes, it does. It is integral to the type of man you choose to be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
In your world, would a man of integrity have obeyed or disobeyed the fugitive slave act?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

so are you against poaching.....or it doesn't bother you?...….bob

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BobMt

Depends entirely on the circumstance, if it is me then no, if it is you then probably not....if you are caught and have your wrist slapped I am not going to join the rest of the crowd and demand you be hung as well.

But if you hurt someone in the commission of then I am going to be the one holding the rope.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In your world, would a man of integrity have obeyed or disobeyed the fugitive slave act?

.....or, FTM, the stamp act?

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by BobMt

Now the raptors and carnivores are the kings.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

.....or, FTM, the stamp act?

Tea tax?

I Dindo Nuffin
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
The lines are random as to what and why and how. For example If a guy gets 2 deer a year by law does it really matter when he does it or how, etc. I guess we could argue black and white and gray areas forever and never solve anything. The point is we have an obligation to the truth and what is morally right and screw what the overlords want. Ruining someone's life because he killed an animal that would have died in a year anyway?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 63 invisible), 2,477 guests, and 1,340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,446
Posts18,470,969
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.