Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Paddler
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Anyone who isn’t more concerned with the fact that there are serious problems on both sides of the political spectrum - though not necessarily “for” because for some it apparently doesn’t matter, is missing some things.

The success that has been found in dividing the country - and it was carefully crafted by Obama - has resulted in a polarity that places ‘team’ well above integrity, truth, and right.

Obama was inclusive. Trump has done everything possible to divide us. To deny the foregoing is to deny reality.
.......................Just the OPPOSITE Paddle PUSS. U lie thru yer teeth......Obama was the DIVIDER in chief and the worst damn president in modern US history....................

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

GB1

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Anyone who isn’t more concerned with the fact that there are serious problems on both sides of the political spectrum - though not necessarily “for” because for some it apparently doesn’t matter, is missing some things.

The success that has been found in dividing the country - and it was carefully crafted by Obama - has resulted in a polarity that places ‘team’ well above integrity, truth, and right.

Obama was inclusive. Trump has done everything possible to divide us. To deny the foregoing is to deny reality.
.......................Just the OPPOSITE Paddle PUSS. U lie thru yer teeth......Obama was the DIVIDER in chief and the worst damn president in modern US history....................

You're an idiot.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Like I have stated many times Piddler is a coward and a disingenuous liar period. What a truly pathetic individual personally and professionally. Jello/Rolling turd at least has some sort of excuse. You know falling off the ladder and all that. Plus tho dope making him dumber by the second.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by RollingThunder
Here's a better photo of what the setup looks like offshore. In 2015, we were on a hot bite, and I had on rod in my hand when another one went off. I reached down to tighten the drag on that rod when the rod holder exploded. I watched helplessly as a nice Calstar with the Daiwa SLD 30 pitched overboard in 5000' of water. Unfortunately, Daiwa had discontinued those reels. I couldn't find one anywhere, so ended up replacing it and the other one with the Tiagras. That turned into a $1200 mistake. But now it's all gold reels across the back, which is good. I like symmetry.

[Linked Image]

I have resumed using the rod leashes to prevent a recurrence. The 50Ws have also been discontinued, so are irreplaceable. Really nice reels, they hold about 800 yards of 60# mono.

I've used 25# mono and caught fish on some old Squidders I cleaned up and replaced the drags with the HT100 carbon fiber drags. It's fun, but you need to be careful:

[Linked Image]

Oh, and about those gloves. If you don't wear them, after a few days of hard fishing your hands will be so cut up your fingers will swell so much you can't make a fist. If you catch lots of big fish, you'd already know that.

Before Newell reels came to the east coast we used to trick out Penn squidders for jigging schoolie tuna. Penn products have gone down hill and Newell went out of business. Daiwa and Shimano make great jigging reels but they are pricey. The Penn Baja Special is also good if you know how to upgrade the drag system.

I only use the Squidders on Calstar WC 270C rods occasionally to throw swimbaits after hooking up on the troll. Jigging with flat sided or butterfly jigs has become more popular over in Oregon and Washington. I prefer trolling, as I love to hear the reels go off. I also like using the handlines, it's really fun to pull them in hand over hand. Jigging is too much like work. I like using the heavy gear to get them in the boat quickly. Upgrading Penn drags is as simple as installing the HT100 drag washers. One of the reel gurus on ifish really stresses greasing those drags with Cal's or Shimano drag grease. I use Finish Line bike grease, works great and is less expensive.

The king of drag upgrades is a fellow by the name of Alan Tani. He's posted excellent reports on various forums online. I never met him but I am friends with offshore fisherman who have fished with him in southern California. Check out his posts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...ip-and-investigations-advance/ar-BBQVRWZ

Between Cohen, AMI, Russia, Weisselberg, etc, etc, etc, he's in a tight spot.

Anyone who hangs out in a place he knows he is despised and not wanted, for the sole reason to antagonize? Well, that guy is just a dick at heart and lacks any kind of dignity. I mean, is it your idea of fun, or just a way to work out your issues?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MAGA! AGAIN! MAGA!

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Here's a better photo of what the setup looks like offshore. In 2015, we were on a hot bite, and I had on rod in my hand when another one went off. I reached down to tighten the drag on that rod when the rod holder exploded. I watched helplessly as a nice Calstar with the Daiwa SLD 30 pitched overboard in 5000' of water. Unfortunately, Daiwa had discontinued those reels. I couldn't find one anywhere, so ended up replacing it and the other one with the Tiagras. That turned into a $1200 mistake. But now it's all gold reels across the back, which is good. I like symmetry.

[Linked Image]

I have resumed using the rod leashes to prevent a recurrence. The 50Ws have also been discontinued, so are irreplaceable. Really nice reels, they hold about 800 yards of 60# mono.

I've used 25# mono and caught fish on some old Squidders I cleaned up and replaced the drags with the HT100 carbon fiber drags. It's fun, but you need to be careful:

[Linked Image]

Oh, and about those gloves. If you don't wear them, after a few days of hard fishing your hands will be so cut up your fingers will swell so much you can't make a fist. If you catch lots of big fish, you'd already know that.

Before Newell reels came to the east coast we used to trick out Penn squidders for jigging schoolie tuna. Penn products have gone down hill and Newell went out of business. Daiwa and Shimano make great jigging reels but they are pricey. The Penn Baja Special is also good if you know how to upgrade the drag system.

I only use the Squidders on Calstar WC 270C rods occasionally to throw swimbaits after hooking up on the troll. Jigging with flat sided or butterfly jigs has become more popular over in Oregon and Washington. I prefer trolling, as I love to hear the reels go off. I also like using the handlines, it's really fun to pull them in hand over hand. Jigging is too much like work. I like using the heavy gear to get them in the boat quickly. Upgrading Penn drags is as simple as installing the HT100 drag washers. One of the reel gurus on ifish really stresses greasing those drags with Cal's or Shimano drag grease. I use Finish Line bike grease, works great and is less expensive.

The king of drag upgrades is a fellow by the name of Alan Tani. He's posted excellent reports on various forums online. I never met him but I am friends with offshore fisherman who have fished with him in southern California. Check out his posts.

Alan is the one I was referencing in my post above. I'm very familiar with his posts and have spoken with him on the phone. As I recall, he's a now retired pharmacist who ran a poison control center. I think he lives in Saratoga and fishes out of Monterey, the Bay area, etc. His SOP is to change the order of the Belleville washers to steepen the drag curve, grease drag washers but wipe off the excess drag grease to increase freespool times. As I don't fish live bait or cast much, I leave more grease on the drag washers in the interest of smoother drag. I don't care about freespool so much.

Last edited by Paddler; 12/14/18.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hold on now, I know Alan, he is a classy guy, works out of his garage in Los Gatos, why would you want to put Paddler upon him?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hey now. The gals are trying to butch up some.

Dont spoil it for them.

I am MAGA.
P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Barkoff

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Hold on now, I know Alan, he is a classy guy, works out of his garage in Los Gatos, why would you want to put Paddler upon him?

Alan is a smart guy, way too smart to buy the Trump/Republican BS. I'm sure he's not into the conspiracy theories and racism here.

Last edited by Paddler; 12/14/18.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The fix was in. Cohen got three years if he would lie about his former client. So he did.

P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
The fix was in. Cohen got three years if he would lie about his former client. So he did.

Oops, let's add the Inaugural Committee to that list.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

You're an idiot.
................Well as they say,,,,,,,It takes one TO KNOW ONE!!!!.........Sure is interesting Piddle Puss that in all of your posts, not one time have you cited any law that Trump has broken or violated......Not talking about all the manufactured crap Mueller and his merry band of yo yo's are spewing......Anybody can say anything. ....The real question is? WHAT specific laws and statues has Trump broken which can then be taken to court?? Cite for us all the specific statute or code BY NUMBER please already on the books.

Now try and leave emotions aside and program whatever brain cells you have left and answer the question.........

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

I am totally baffled that you could come up with such a thing. Obama is bad enough, but the former first "lady", is a hard line afro-centrist.

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
We conservatives and liberty loving patriots had to tolerate the racist, liberal, divisive, globalist scum bucket Obama’s and their ilk for 8 years. So Paddler, I guess it’s your turn in the barrel, Bud. Deal with it. Help me understand why the tolerant Left is spewing so much venom. Don’t recall the conservatives rioting and dressing up like a penis or whatever. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by WAM
We conservatives and liberty loving patriots had to tolerate the racist, liberal, divisive, globalist scum bucket Obama’s and their ilk for 8 years. So Paddler, I guess it’s your turn in the barrel, Bud. Deal with it. Help me understand why the tolerant Left is spewing so much venom. Don’t recall the conservatives rioting and dressing up like a penis or whatever. Happy Trails

I would tell the creep to listen and weep. grin

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4winds
She has some "I'm scary crazy" eyes.

Prolly fs like a mink !

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I would like to see that also bigsqueeze
"Sure is interesting Piddle Puss that in all of your posts, not one time have you cited any law that Trump has broken or violated......Not talking about all the manufactured crap Mueller and his merry band of yo yo's are spewing......Anybody can say anything. ....The real question is? WHAT specific laws and statues has Trump broken which can then be taken to court?? Cite for us all the specific statute or code BY NUMBER please already on the books.

Now try and leave emotions aside and program whatever brain cells you have left and answer the question..".......

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
P
Paddler Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Partsman
I would like to see that also bigsqueeze
"Sure is interesting Piddle Puss that in all of your posts, not one time have you cited any law that Trump has broken or violated......Not talking about all the manufactured crap Mueller and his merry band of yo yo's are spewing......Anybody can say anything. ....The real question is? WHAT specific laws and statues has Trump broken which can then be taken to court?? Cite for us all the specific statute or code BY NUMBER please already on the books.

Now try and leave emotions aside and program whatever brain cells you have left and answer the question..".......

I predict that nothing that comes out over the next months or years will convince you that Trump is a bad actor. You and others like you are impervious to the truth, reality and facts. You will be shocked, outraged and very unhappy by what lies ahead. Enjoy.

E
ERK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
You remind me of the guy in the outfield playing baseball. Guy hits one to him and he going. I got it I got it I got it but then it hits the ground and he says no I ain’t got it. Keep trying though. Ed k

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

126 members (2500HD, 300_savage, 1973cb450, 338reddog, 204guy, 20 invisible), 1,739 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,623
Posts18,474,051
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.