Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I have been home for more than an hour and my wife is watching the hallmark Channel with the biggest cast of losers ever assembled. I can't understand how men and women can be so different, but we are. There is no way that she can possibly hate watching Westerns as much as I hate hearing this Hallmark crap in the background while I am putting my guns away...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i feel your pain. those shows are gawd awful. women really are from mars or venus or whichever one i ain't from.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only the one's with Candace Bure and Alicia Witt are interesting...

The rest I just tune out. smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I think their cards are pretty good.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My wife watches that crap as well. There are usually some attractive ladies on those shows, but not a bit of nudity to make it worthwhile.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't care for the types of movies they show either, but at least the woman's not watching "The Bachelor" or any of that other trash they're airing on the major networks. Television has become very bizarre over the last few years.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Even the greatest women on the planet deserve to be punched.

But then they make you a sandwich and all is forgiven.

Merry Christmas,
Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rem141r
i feel your pain. those shows are gawd awful. women really are from mars or venus or whichever one i ain't from.

This ^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of their movies is ok.

The problem is they have only ever made one.

The rest are remakes.

The only difference is whether it is the Pacific Northwest, or New England..

Yep,
Seen too many!

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
My wife will watch that crap on occasion too. And I always ask her how she can watch that crap. But this is the same woman that asks me how I can watch "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" every time it comes on so who knows? Maybe we are from different planets originally or something...

Last edited by Dryfly24; 12/17/18.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
i have never figured out how that cute perky young thing can live in a million dollar house and runs a cookie/coffee shop with maybe 8tables.
always has a fat friend too.
her kids are always girls to and all executives are dumb azz women.
this time of year it's about cookie contest in the old home town where she realizes she belongs on her back, rather than as a high priced ad executive in NYC.
my wife tapes them.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
The Hallmark channel keeps me from sitting on my ass in the recliner. When the wife is watching that crap, I need to be outside doing something. God awful TV.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
T
I refer to them as Skidmark Movies.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
There was a great feud before the big screen hitachi Friday night between the wife and daughter.

Apparently the umpteenth DVR'd hallmark christmas movie bumped off the the AMA performance of Taylor Swift's "Did Something Bad" song

there was wailing and gnashing of teeth

I was laffing my ass off....on the inside

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I was stuck watching some of that crap at wife’s Christmas party in Saturday. Long day!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
One of their movies is ok.

The problem is they have only ever made one.

The rest are remakes.

The only difference is whether it is the Pacific Northwest, or New England..

Yep,
Seen too many!

I am the lucky guy with the wife who completely agrees with this post. ^

She's seen enough of them to tell me that they all have the same basic plot. She says that she can watch the first ten minutes and predict the entire movie, every time. She now refuses to watch another. Lucky me! laugh

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Once in a great while my wife will watch that channel depending on what's playing...... As for me..... It's on my "never watch" list.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
This is how I deal with the hallmark and lifetime movies, and alot of other crap
she watches on tv....from a John Prine song:

My body's in this room with you just catching hell
While my soul is drinking beer down the road a spell
You might think I'm listening to your grocery list
But I'm leaning on the jukebox and I'm about half way there

"...and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
Luke 22:36
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
God forbid anyone let his wife change the channel......

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Shrap, she that I love & who grants me sexual favours, likes to watch them, at this time of the year.

I'll sit with her, but generally resort to reading a book & pay zero attention to the box.

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I guess we're lucky that we have a big screen tv on either end of the house. So while she is watching someone cry on her tv set, I'm watching someone die on mine.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Repost of my earlier Hallmark post....

I always laugh my ass off at my wife’s sick addiction to the Hallmark Channel this time of year. She just sits there taking it all in, blubbering at the end. This is THE most perfect Hallmark Movie plot ever made. I combined every nuance of Hallmark movies into one single plot.
I texted our daughter (who was also giving mama a hard time)a copy of this script. After reading it, daughter agrees it’s the ultimate Hallmark compilation of Christmas Barf Plots. Here ‘tis:

Susie has no husband, but she does have an incurable disease. She is the owner of a shop specializing in ....Christmas gifts made by little blind children. She is woefully behind in her rent payments to the shopping mall and if they don’t receive $50,000 in overdue rent by Christmas Eve, her shop will be closed......FOREVER.

She has no way to find a husband, since she has that awful disease....no sane guy will get anywhere near her. But she wants a husband desperately....almost as much as she wants to keep her gift shop open and her little blind children employed as gift makers.

Life sucks for her.....she imagines just how happy she’d be if she only had a husband that would accept her and her horrible disease.

Christmas Eve comes. Mr Mall Owner strolls in to collect the $50,000 back rent. He wants to close her shop desperately so he can use the space for an Indian restaurant serving gassy fast food. Susie tears up....it’s the end of her dream life. The UPS man stops by delivering a package to her, looks into her eyes and immediately falls in love with her and asks her to marry him, disease and all! While she is contemplating her answer, a rich old fart comes to the counter and tells her he’ll give her $50,000 for one of the gifts made by one of the blind children! Mr UPS Guy is awaiting her answer but dang it, her stupid phone rings! It’s the hospital.....her disease was misdiagnosed! She only has a mild case of gas. She hangs up the phone and tells Mr UPS, yes! She hands Mr Mall Owner the $50K and then everybody gathers around to sip hot apple cider and sing Hark, The Hairlipped Angels Sing! Que the credits while they smooch!

My sweet adorable wife called me retarded.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Hallmark would be a welcome relief to my MIL watching The Price is Right day after day, yelling at the tv. She has her own tv in a separate room but we can still hear it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
In the big scope of things, there's much, much worse stuff on TV than the Hallmark Channels.

Just look at all the gay, mixed crap that dominates network TV. All the liberal social engineering is FAR more offensive to me than silly women celebrating Christmas.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
In the big scope of things, there's much, much worse stuff on TV than the Hallmark Channels.

Just look at all the gay, mixed crap that dominates network TV. All the liberal social engineering is FAR more offensive to me than silly women celebrating Christmas.

The point is not to find the worst show on television, it is to point out how stupid this channel is and how much my wife likes it and how much I don’t. I don’t like Brussels sprouts either, that doesn’t mean there aren’t worse things to eat, it’s just that I don’t like Brussels sprouts...

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I watched a pretty good Hallmark movie last night. I'm down from surgery and not in the mood for any Bruce Willis or The Rock. Wife and I joke about the plot being the same in every movie tho.

LOL
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Hallmark is a good channel for women. It's fairly wholesome stuff and makes them feel good.

If you really want to get pissed, turn on Disney. Last time I happened across it, two shirtless boys were making out on a couch. I'd say they were about 13. Ol Walt is turning over in his grave no doubt. Sickening schit.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Hallmark is a good channel for women. It's fairly wholesome stuff and makes them feel good.

If you really want to get pissed, turn on Disney. Last time I happened across it, two shirtless boys were making out on a couch. I'd say they were about 13. Ol Walt is turning over in his grave no doubt. Sickening schit.

If you or I filmed two boys, or girls for that matter making out and showed it to the public, what do you think would happen to us?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My wife never watches that channel. She is too busy working.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
But then she doesn't watch much TV at all.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

She got a sister?

laugh

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I have been home for more than an hour and my wife is watching the hallmark Channel with the biggest cast of losers ever assembled. I can't understand how men and women can be so different, but we are. There is no way that she can possibly hate watching Westerns as much as I hate hearing this Hallmark crap in the background while I am putting my guns away...

Now wait a minute. It's time for an attitude adjustment and you need to get in touch with your touchy-feely feminine side!

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm laffin cause my wife watches Hallmark too. She says she likes it because they always have happy endings and they seldom have gay crap thrown in your face,

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I've been watching this crap for two weeks now, they are all the same, even the same actors/actresses! No wonder i've been on the Campfire so much. God forbid I change the channel!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I will sometimnes ask her "what channel is that?" I am not watching but can tell by just the music that it is Hallmark, Lifetime or the like...They otta shoot the piano player

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
My wife watches it, while I read. She's always early to go to bed, so as soon as she goes, I switch the channel. I usually fall asleep before long, but every now and then something is worth watching and I stay awake.

Like last night...........Sanford and Son was on, the one where Fred cons Lena Horne into coming and seeing "Little Lame Lamont." That was one of the funniest shows ever on TV.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cut the cord and all will be well, until she discovers the same crap is on YouTube.

What fresh Hell is this?
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

She got a sister?

laugh

2 and they barely watch too. Same reason. Both married.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Hallmark would be a welcome relief to my MIL watching The Price is Right day after day, yelling at the tv. She has her own tv in a separate room but we can still hear it.

Spray foam is your friend.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Wifey likes those sorry ass court shows.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
you think that's bad, my wife busts my chops for watching westerns and the music from Lonesome Dove puts her over the edge, in the meantime, she watches that IDIOTIC show with the broads with the huge foreheads, no tits and buck teeth called The Gilmore girls....

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have to say, reading this thread makes me feel blessed for having my KYHillChick.

I've never seen her watch Hallmark, QVC, HGTV, or PAX.

We did have a dog that got hooked on PAX. Barney taught himself how to use the cable remote and would turn on Animal Planet and PAX to watch his favorite shows. KYHillChick finally figured out it was him doing it when she found him tuning into Miracle Pets.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Wife watches them as mindless "knitting movies" when nothing is on. Last weekend I watched the first 5 minutes and said "that girl will fall in love with that guy, give up her city life and move to Alaska and be with him and run the inn she inherited" .

Nailed it, same as every other one.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, I'm gonna gloat too, Shaman. My wife would rather watch The Blacklist.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Well of course, it is a chick channel.

Good God man what did you expect...entertainment?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I knew I had a winner when, many years ago, I was flipping around the dial on a Saturday afternoon and she came in and asked, "Any good war movies on?"

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What we really need is man stuff to be allowed again as in sexy chicks in commercials, seeing the cheerlearders in pro sports games on TV, and more,
This anti-masculine propussyfiecation BS needs to be stopped, it is affecting society and damaging boys.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
lately my wife watches religiously The Flash, Arrow and some other super hero show I don't remember.

They are all horrible, horrible shows. We were wrapping presents last night and she put it on - since she does the lion share of present wrapping, I let her watch whatever she wanted. It was painful to watch. I told her this has to be the worst written dialog in the history of TV and her response was -
"I don't care, the guys are hot"

what ya gonna do?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
lately my wife watches religiously The Flash, Arrow and some other super hero show I don't remember.

They are all horrible, horrible shows. We were wrapping presents last night and she put it on - since she does the lion share of present wrapping, I let her watch whatever she wanted. It was painful to watch. I told her this has to be the worst written dialog in the history of TV and her response was -
"I don't care, the guys are hot"

what ya gonna do?

Well, let's be honest. Turn that around to a guy's point of view and that's why Baywatch, Three's Company, Charlie's Angels and a bunch of other shows survived as long as they did. wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GaryLL1959
This is how I deal with the hallmark and lifetime movies, and alot of other crap
she watches on tv....from a John Prine song:

My body's in this room with you just catching hell
While my soul is drinking beer down the road a spell
You might think I'm listening to your grocery list
But I'm leaning on the jukebox and I'm about half way there

John can certainly turn a phrase...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
My wife doesn't even know where the hallmark channel is... In fact she mostly puts the radio on unless we actually sit down to watch something on Alaska or she watches tennis. Other than that, there just istn' much worth watching. We hit youtube documentary type stuff more often if we actually have time for TV

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Relax folks, the hallmark channel is simply harmless fluff. . . . of course it's completely unrealistic but then again, so are most of the long range hunting shows I have seen on the outdoor channel.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

The point of this thread was to find some support and solidarity about the difference between men and women, not to justify how Hallmark is better than rap music or MTV. For Pete’s sake whatever happened to the Marlboro man and the guy lighting his cigarette with the Conoco branding iron?

Those guys would understand and they didn’t change diapers on a baby...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Worser than being chained to a rack over flaming coals with Don Rickles re runs playing in the background.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
No satellite, nor cable TV here. I'll have to take the 'fire's word for it.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

The point of this thread was to find some support and solidarity about the difference between men and women, not to justify how Hallmark is better than rap music or MTV. For Pete’s sake whatever happened to the Marlboro man and the guy lighting his cigarette with the Conoco branding iron?

Those guys would understand and they didn’t change diapers on a baby...

If you’d been a bit more specific from the get go.

I’ve seen your posts in the classifieds. They’re plenty detailed and even include pictures.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
W
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
W
Only the one's with Candace Bure and Alicia Witt are interesting...

The rest I just tune out. smile

Don’t forget about Lacy Chabert! I couldn’t care less about the content, but I like the chicks on there.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (24HourCampFireGuy50, 10gaugemag, 1234, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 59 invisible), 2,815 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,592
Posts18,532,460
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.