Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
We bought a Speed Queen Commercial Heavy Duty top-loader about a year ago. Without question it's the best washer that we've ever had. Worth every penny.

The model number is AWN432SP113TW04.

RS

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Front loader here, for the last 10 years or so. Much preferred by me, but the woman of the house informed me the other day she wants a top loader for the next one.

Sometimes logic just doesn't work. I prefer the front loader because my clothes get spun halfway dry. I prefer to dry mine in the sun (Bunches of dry sunny days here in the high desert), for free, and they smell way better than going in the dryer.

As to the smell issue. Prop the door open a bit when not in use, use a piece of clothing, dish rag, etc that is going in the next load. Easy peasy. Or have a serviceman see why it's not pumping out completely.

I'd have a Speed Queen if we do go top load, assuming we can afford it.

Geno

Geno - is it the stooping down that your wife dislikes? That is my wife's only complaint, but she says it's easier on her back than working with a top loader. Our next machine will come with the pedestal/drawer to raise the door. I should get off my ass and make pedestals for our current set, but she ain't whining much about it. wink

FreeMe,

Yeah, that's part of it, and having to prop the door open. I think there was a couple of other things too, but I basically got the point that she wants a top loader.

I'll not be as happy if I can't convince her otherwise, but I'm not overly impressed with having super clean clothes either. My life has involved washing out underwear and t shirts in streams and laying them out to dry on the rocks on layover days on hikes. Or "washing" my work shirts, all two of them, in the sink and wearing the clean one the next day. So having a washe, any washer, is a luxury of sorts.

Beats the hell out of having to beat the clothes on the rocks in the same river the town upstream is crapping in.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
My wife has may tag front load..they are the efficient type ones...I have never used them but my are clothes are always clean...as a farmer I get pretty dirty...
Speed queen I think is a good brand...whoorlpool ? I think...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Skip on a front loader. More chance of leaks in my mind and other issues. I just bought a kenmore set from sears. Series 500 washer and dryer
Mind doesnt have an agitator but my next one will! I doubt i will purchase another washer without one. I think they clean better.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
My wife has may tag front load..they are the efficient type ones...I have never used them but my are clothes are always clean...as a farmer I get pretty dirty...
Speed queen I think is a good brand...whoorlpool ? I think...

Whirlpool makes a dozen different brands, including some not sold in the US, but Speed Queen isn't one of them. I believe they're an independent company.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
whatever you get get it with knobs and dials... No electronics no LED readouts ... all mechanical devices are always better all the time

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Speed Queens have been my go to brand since I've been buying washers and dryers. They last a long time, do a good job, and are made in my home state. The only bad thing about them is a bit of a traffic jam during shift changes at their factory. It slows me up on the way to the hunting camp.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you’re going front loader, Samsung is the way to go (I’ve had the LG front loader, no thanks).

But Speed Queens are KISS.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have the Speed Queen. Get one.

The best reason, hold down the reset dial and it keeps filling up with water. It’s like telling the EPA to GFY every time I hold down the reset dial!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do some research on Speed Queen, they might not be what everyone is saying.

It seems the 2018 models are completely different from the 2017.
There is an article written by a dealer that sounds real bad.
Especially how they treated him when he had the guts to publish his reviews.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by websterparish47

Hmmm, I bought a GE Profile set 13 years ago. Paid $300 for them. No repairs so far. Fingers crossed.

You will be hard pressed to find a decent set at that price these days, or for that matter, even just one piece

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

ordered the Speed Queen set.......gas dryer.....$2159 delivered.......7 year warranty

includes new SS water hoses & dryer vent kit

https://www.rcwilley.com/Appliances...ad-Washer-and-Dryer---White-Gas-View.jsp

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut

ordered the Speed Queen set.......gas dryer.....$2159 delivered.......7 year warranty

I bought the same set last summer, except electric dryer. Bought locally from Karl's. Delivered, installed and haul off my old junk. So far, so good. Good luck!

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

old set still runs well........dryer is 8 YO....electric

washer is 11 YO....both Kenmore.......

will sell.......$100 set.......or just give away to someone that needs it

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We bought Whirlpool last time, type without a center agitator, wife swore it doesn’t do as good as job.
Ours are on their last leg, found Maytag on sale at Lowe’s, so we are giving those a try..ten year warranty on motor and drum, good customer support and service from what I hear.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never even seen a Speed Queen in stores around these parts.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Our 1st Whirlpool front loader lasted 5 years, board went bad[Christmas week of all times]. Bought basically the same machine. After purchase we found that the only difference is that they had changed the pedestal. So we also had to buy one of those...again. Next time we will go back to top load and most likely SQ. Our Whirlpool dryer is pushing 30 years and runs like a champ. I built a pedestal for it out of 1X10 pine to match height of washer.

FJB & FJT
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Marked for future attention

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
sawbuck Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Mostly I'd like to know if it cleans well. Saw some vids claiming it was about the worst washing machine ever when it came to cleaning.

The video reminded me of a political hit piece.

Fingers crossed SQ is still pumping out the good stuff.

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by sawbuck
Simplicity, durability and initial cost are behind my thinking. I'm prepared to consider a front loader.

Prepare to test your flexibility in bending over and digging the laundry out way back in the corner of the drum. I imagine long arms help. I just never got any of those. lol

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

528 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 46 invisible), 2,762 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,631
Posts18,474,261
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.