Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by CGPAUL
I still don`t have one....but got a lot of 250AI brass with that headstamp! Shoots great! Think I`m getting some mo-jo off it.

I bet it is better brass than what you typically get headstamped 250 savage.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of the 6.5 CM, I have to agree with Adamjp that "there are equally effective products for those who choose to use them" at least for normal hunting and shooting ranges. My 6.5-06AI will do everything the 6.5CM will do downrange, regardless of range, and then some - but it is a custom rifle. So will other 6.5 cartridges, a .270 or .280 or 7mm RM and others. My .257 Roberts with +P loads comes pretty close.

For the average shooter, though, the 6.5 CM is rather unique - it is very well supported by firearms and ammo manufacturers, both firearms and ammo are easily affordable for most people and it was designed from the outset to be used with long, high B.C bullets for long range work. If I didn't already have a .257 Roberts and 6.5-06AI, a 6.5 CM would be in my safe.

It is a reality of life that some people can't stand the success of others or things that become popular. The 6.5CM did not become as popular as it has because of marketing, it became popular because it delivers excellent performance at extended ranges at an affordable price point - with low recoil. Midwayusa.com lists 50 ammo products for the 6.5CM, 19 for the .260 Rem, 17 for the 6.5x55 Swedish, 11 for the 6.5 Grendel, 8 for the 6.5-284 Norma and .264 Win Mag and it goes down from there. Anyone that wants to can get a 6.5 CM rifle for about $300. While I'm not a fad follower, I do respect things that work - and the 6.5 CM works.

Hornady marketed the product? Big whoop! I say "Good for them". They introduced a new product, let the world know about it and shooting enthusiasts and hunters around the world liked what the 6.5 CM provided. As others have pointed out, the 6.5 CM is now a standard cartridge and one against which, like the .30-06, others are judged.

Low recoil and great ballistics - what's not to like?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Mathman...some slight humor up there. As for as quality of brass goes, I`ve formed most everything available, including Lapua 22-250 which I first formed to 6XC.
All have worked to my satisfaction, and there really is something to be said about inherent accuracy. This is my third rifle so chambered, all very accurate.
The 6.5 brass is plentifull, and shoots excellent when being formed. In fact, this fall I`d loaded some 117gn. Hornady for deer, full power, in die-formed cases. Didn`t get a shot tho.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

At some point in our shooting and reloading careers we get practical. You cant get more practical than a 6.5 Creedmoor. Even if you don't live and breath rifles and reloading like most of us do its not hard to recognize the availability of reasonably priced accurate ammunition and rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor. Doesn't matter if your aware of how well it fits in a short action with 140 grain bullets or that its twisted correctly to take advantage of todays high performance bullets. With very little knowledge you can walk into the local gun shop and leave with a affordable new rifle and a few boxes of quality factory ammo that will shoot good groups. Your average Joe talking to his buddies about how well his new Creedmoor shoots with the ammo he bought at Wal Mart is all the marketing hype a cartridge needs. I like to reload and shoot wildcat cartridges but its nice to be lazy and just buy some factory ammo and spend an afternoon shooting small groups sometimes

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by 338Rules
Ok, I’ll bite. How do the CMs feed from the magazine ?
That .462” diameter shoulder has me pondering that aspect of their performance.

Fine

Anyone care to elaborate ?

Yes, it feeds FINE, hence fine. Not sure how much more elaborate I can get.

Platform? factory / rebarell? magazine configuration ?
Does it feed as FINE as your 250 AI ?

I have a couple of 308 SAs that might be candidates for rebarelling.
My last dalliance with 6.5 caliber was a surplus Swede three decades ago.
Not great accuracy, but a reliable shooter.

I have since learned from MDs patient postings on the subject, that throating varies lots in the Swede.

No offence intended, or implied.

History May Not Repeat, But it Rhymes.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just curious - when are people going to learn to spell Creedmoor?

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Ok, I’ll bite. How do the CMs feed from the magazine ?
That .462” diameter shoulder has me pondering that aspect of their performance.

Fine

Anyone care to elaborate ?

Yes, it feeds FINE, hence fine. Not sure how much more elaborate I can get.

Platform? factory / rebarell? magazine configuration ?
Does it feed as FINE as your 250 AI ?

I have a couple of 308 SAs that might be candidates for rebarelling.
My last dalliance with 6.5 caliber was a surplus Swede three decades ago.
Not great accuracy, but a reliable shooter.

I have since learned from MDs patient postings on the subject, that throating varies lots in the Swede.

No offence intended, or implied.

They either feed fine or sheity. You didn't ask platform in your post, you asked how they feed. Fine in a Ruger 77, RAR AI, Remington 700.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Very fine, or only somewhat fine?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I confess: I tried the kool aid....I bought one....and shot it....and sold it yesterday. And, yes, there is a 270 in the safe....and a 30-06......and I'm not sorry I sold it....hey, I even got all my money back! Today, I am happy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What did you buy? How was it scoped? What did you shoot through it? What did you shoot it at?................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
What did you buy? How was it scoped? What did you shoot through it? What did you shoot it at?................

Please share with the class your exploits using same in the game fields.

Bonus points for picture.

Remember this is the LR forum so choose your fantasy wisely and staged pictures of never been fielded rifles probably will bring derision and laughter.

Just Sayin. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
John Squirms,

Your WELL founded Insecurities are MOOT...when I'm driving. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
John Squirms,

Your WELL founded Insecurities are MOOT...when I'm driving. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

6.5mm CM picture are failing to load?

Just Sayin. laugh

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt that.

HINT...............

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
John Squirms,

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..............

6.5mm CM picture are failing to load?

Just Sayin. laugh

She’s been fishing a lot. She can drive right to the fishy hole. LOL. Only way his gear gets wear is rust and PTG battle worn bottoms. 😂

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Hey!!!! We're lippy and she's getting our minds right!!!! Laffin

They're fuucking fish!!!! Laffin

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Please share with the class your exploits using same in the game fields.

Bonus points for picture.

Remember this is the LR forum so choose your fantasy wisely and staged pictures of never been fielded rifles probably will bring derision and laughter.

Just Sayin. laugh

A Creedmoor thread coming back to life is like an old Penthouse being found in a closet and getting passed around again and again and again...😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
With sticky pages from another stupid Alaskan....

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Eeeeeew, so very impressive......

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (44automag, 10gaugemag, 308xray, 300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 12 invisible), 1,522 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,723
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.