-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Congratulations to Clemson, that was an old fashioned ass whipping. Alabama has had that one coming for a few years.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by NYH1
Originally Posted by natman
Well, Clemson's defense was just spectacular. Two interceptions to make/setup touchdowns and three stops of Alabama within the 25 yard line. Although that feeble fake field goal fooled nobody. What was Alabama thinking?

Clemson's quarterback was terrific and their receiver Ross was a magician. They were definitely the better team tonight. Congratulations to Clemson.

Best three out of five next year?

Clemson's defensive coordinator called an awesome game tonight for sure. That guy will be a head coach soon if he want to be.

Clemson comes up here every other year to play Syracuse. Dabo treats the people up here great. He'll take the time to talk with them. Same with SU's players. He does everything right.

NYH1.

Clemson's defense was very good and really took advantage of the way Tua plays with their defensive scheme. They set him up several times and did it perfectly. Setting folks up on offense is expected, when a team does it on defense they've done something. Tua played into their hands and had his worst performance so far. There were far fewer outstanding catches like were routinely made throughout the season and that made a difference as well.

AL's defense played extremely bad, especially the secondary. They had so many busted coverages and people out of place they looked lost. The Clemson QB is very good but I think a lot of the result last night was due to how poorly AL's secondary played.....and the QB missed a lot of plays were d-backs were out of place, it could have been worse.

Not the game I was expecting to see. Clemson played great, AL played poorly and the results showed it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It was very obvious in the past two games that something was wrong with the Alabama defense. They couldn't stop Georgia, and Georgia should have won that game. Oklahoma was shell shocked in the first quarter, and then Alabama couldn't stop them in the final quarters. It was only because of the Oklahoma defense's inability to handle the Tide that Bama won that one. I am very surprised that Saban didn't do something to fix the problem.

But, I think the thing that stood out to me last night was how bad Tua looked. All along, I have had some doubts about him being as good as most people thought he was. It is very possible that he is a one trick pony.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by JamesJr

But, I think the thing that stood out to me last night was how bad Tua looked. All along, I have had some doubts about him being as good as most people thought he was. It is very possible that he is a one trick pony.

He's an extremely talented athlete with excellent touch.....put that with the kind of receivers he has and good things are going to happen. I don't think he's as talented at reading defenses/coverages as announcers have been saying.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

He's an extremely talented athlete with excellent touch.....put that with the kind of receivers he has and good things are going to happen. I don't think he's as talented at reading defenses/coverages as announcers have been saying.

That is the problem that a lot of these hot shot college QB's have. They look great in college, but flop when they get to the NFL. It was obvious last night that Tua wasn't seeing what Clemson was doing. Part of that was the fault of the coaching staff. He was struggling, and I think he should have been pulled.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by GunDoc7
I've never seen a Saban team hammered like that.

I have, two years in a row.

50-10 and 55-14.....

They're killing me Whitey, they're killin me....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, I wasn't expecting that - good watch anyway.

We're four pages in and no one has blamed this one on the refs - I'm impressed. laugh

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Saban's strengths are recruiting and discipline. He normally has better players and keeps them in line. Wins all games when he has the better players on the field, which is most. X's and O's skills are average.

Saban's halftime interview was so Sabanesque. Clemson wasn't playing fair. How dare them. I am in control. That's not how we do battle. Clemson ran "copycat defenses that we didn't prepare for. We'll make halftime adjustments and it will be a different second half". I got a good kick out of Bama being out manned on the goal line stance. Copycat?

“Well, first of all, Kirby was always on my team so we weren’t playing against each other, we were playing with each other. I’m kind of the commissioner of the league when we play basketball, so I kind of pick my team based on who’s there to play. I also pick the guy on the other team that’s going to guard me, and I call all the fouls. So we don’t lose much.” That's a quote from an interview last year before the AL/GA championship game referring to regular pickup basketball games between staff. I already had first hand knowledge of it from an assistant who plays. There was no embellishment in Saban's statement. That's exactly how it goes down. I can't image taking part in such crap. Saban is truly a control freak.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That Hanson looking kid is a scary good QB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Clemson coach “Only God can write a script like this”.

Now you know. God likes South Carolina better than Alabama.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
SEC, SEC, SEC,,,,,,,uh oh !

Gotta give it to Clemson as they ruled from the get go and went into high gear after half time. What a team they are.

Saban’s Post game interview was classic Saban and with class as was Tua’s.

Ain’t any doubt about who rules in college football this morning.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Dabo is the real deal. Got to hear him speak at an event last year for Boys and Girls Clubs. Impressive coach, really cares about his kids...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Was in AIT training at Ft Gordon with a good ole boy from Bama. One of his favorite lines were, "stomp a mudhole on yer ass". Looks like that was the pregame message Clemson got .

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
if I had known that Saban was going to get a butt-kicking like that I would have watched.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Savage_Hunter
if I had known that Saban was going to get a butt-kicking like that I would have watched.

Judging from his past Championships resume, Saban and Bama will be back and hitting on all cylinders.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Kelly Leak might be his dad... LOL
[Linked Image]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
[Linked Image]

That lucky phuggg...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Was in AIT training at Ft Gordon with a good ole boy from Bama. One of his favorite lines were, "stomp a mudhole on yer ass". Looks like that was the pregame message Clemson got .

Damn sure somebody forgot to tell 'em they were playing for second place......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

natman Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I'd put it on the outstanding defensive plan Clemson ran. Very clever and deceptive coverages. If Tua is so poor, how'd he beat 14 other teams this year? Keep in mind, he now has one whole year experience as a college starter.

I'd chalk it up to Clemson's red zone defense, terrific wide receivers and you know it's not going to be your night when your defensive back blows out his leg and falls to the ground at the line of scrimmage, letting the receiver run free for a touchdown.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by natman

I'd put it on the outstanding defensive plan Clemson ran. Very clever and deceptive coverages. If Tua is so poor, how'd he beat 14 other teams this year? Keep in mind, he now has one whole year experience as a college starter.

I'd chalk it up to Clemson's red zone defense, terrific wide receivers and you know it's not going to be your night when your defensive back blows out his leg and falls to the ground at the line of scrimmage, letting the receiver run free for a touchdown.

I agree, they had a great defensive plan. Moving, late setups, switching/disguising coverages. I don't think Tua is poor, he's good, but I don't think he's as good at reading as he's been propped up to be. Great placement and great receivers have made some very dangerous throws to well covered receivers work...but not last night.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

497 members (1234, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 38 invisible), 2,162 guests, and 1,149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,126
Posts18,483,824
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.