Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by JohnBurns

Didn't you use to push Huskemaw scopes on your Show?

LOL. laugh

Might want to fact check before posting.

Just Sayin. cool

Best of the west correct? If not I apologize.

The Best of the West pushes Huskemaw but only after I left.

No worries. smile

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Deep_In_The_Rut
Max range would be 700-800yds. Intended range would 400-600yds. I would dial.
Durability is a concern and I know NF certainly fits this bill; but is most likely overbuilt for me (which I like, but am hesitant to pay that kind of money; I don't need to pound nails with it). I guess what I am getting at, is how well the V4 will hold up?

I like the NXS but don't like the MOAR reticle for hunting.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by Deep_In_The_Rut
Max range would be 700-800yds. Intended range would 400-600yds. I would dial.
Durability is a concern and I know NF certainly fits this bill; but is most likely overbuilt for me (which I like, but am hesitant to pay that kind of money; I don't need to pound nails with it). I guess what I am getting at, is how well the V4 will hold up?

I like the NXS but don't like the MOAR reticle for hunting.

I like the IHR illuminated reticle in the NXS. That would be the NF scope I would buy.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Personally,I wouldn't trust the V4 for a dialing scope. I wouldn't be surprised if it even dials accurately," for a while."

Personally you are full of schit.

I have both the NF and a Zeiss V4 so I don't have to guess.

I have used and abused the NF SHV for over a year and it has been twisted to 700 + several times and used to pop rocks of my deck across a canyon. Returned to zero perfectly. Two hunting seasons and back packed, ridden on Llamas,etc Still holding zero.

The Zeiss has very crisp clicks. In setting the Zero stop all the internal parts are steel or brass. Very positive. Initially zeroed at 200 I have twisted it to full elevation and back to zero again. Back and forth and it tracked perfectly returning to zero and printing a group exactly where I dialed. Time will tell how it holds up but right now it seems dead nuts solid.

You personally wouldn't trust one...………………..yet you never even touched one... amazing

Lefty C

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damn, Night Force or Zeiss?

Hope I never lose that big of a bet. laugh

What's wrong with Huskemaw?

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by skeen
Damn, Night Force or Zeiss?

Hope I never lose that big of a bet. laugh

What's wrong with Huskemaw?

Nothing , they were an unknown quantity when they first showed up.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by leftycarbon
Personally,I wouldn't trust the V4 for a dialing scope. I wouldn't be surprised if it even dials accurately," for a while."

I have used and abused the NF SHV for over a year and it has been twisted to 700 + several times and used to pop rocks of my deck across a canyon. Returned to zero perfectly. Two hunting seasons and back packed, ridden on Llamas,etc Still holding zero.

The Zeiss has very crisp clicks. In setting the Zero stop all the internal parts are steel or brass. Very positive. Initially zeroed at 200 I have twisted it to full elevation and back to zero again. Back and forth and it tracked perfectly returning to zero and printing a group exactly where I dialed. Time will tell how it holds up but right now it seems dead nuts solid.

You personally wouldn't trust one...………………..yet you never even touched one... amazing

Lefty C

Thanks man - this is the type of review / response I was hoping for. I appreciate the insight.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

Lefty C

Yea,trusting a scope that I know and have used over one that just showed up makes me full of schit. You wouldn't say that to me in person.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
It was designed for dialing.

If you don’t mind, where did you hear this? I have heard and read that Zeiss built both the V4 and 6 for dialing, or that they changed the erector, etc., multiple places, yet not from Zeiss. When they brought them out (V4/6) I asked one of their engineers that was telling me how great the scopes are- “what about the erector system for dialing?” His reply? “Iz de same good wun we had”. Or something like that.

He could’ve been wrong, but I doubt it. I haven’t used a V4 hardly at all; rarely does a manufacturer make the lower prices model better than the higher priced.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
any other known thoughts on the "new" zeiss conquest v4 line?? can the 3-12x56mm version be dialed somewhat? I know it doesn't have a target turret but a capped turret if I understand correctly. will Zeiss's hunting app work for that particular scope? I'm not really a turret twisted either but the thought intrigues me for sure. I usually sight my 260 rem 2" high at 100yds to be dead nuts at 200 yds and 7.5-8" low at 300 yds. but, it would be nice to set dead on at 100yds and twist the turret some to be dead on a various distances and not be just close enough.
thanks,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Formidilosus
It was designed for dialing.

If you don’t mind, where did you hear this? I have heard and read that Zeiss built both the V4 and 6 for dialing, or that they changed the erector, etc., multiple places, yet not from Zeiss. When they brought them out (V4/6) I asked one of their engineers that was telling me how great the scopes are- “what about the erector system for dialing?” His reply? “Iz de same good wun we had”. Or something like that.

He could’ve been wrong, but I doubt it. I haven’t used a V4 hardly at all; rarely does a manufacturer make the lower prices model better than the higher priced.

I called Zeiss customer service . According to the person I spoke to it is a new erector system designed for the American Market. Internet rumors say that a Nightforce higherup was hired by Zeiss.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 01/08/19.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Form,

Not saying the Zeiss is the best thing since sliced bread, but There are a lot of things that appear to be good. My "limited" testing seems to be positive

This scope is going on a hunting rifle and will get used in a hunting environment much like The SHV that I have.

Not even suggesting it's in the same league as a NXS

However it turns out it will be based on actually using one.

Lefty C

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I'll preface this by saying I am NOT a turret twister per se. But I will not own a scope that shows any inklings of imprecision in adjustments or the inability to return to zero after being wrung out. I will also not own any scope that needs to "settle in." Either it adjusts corrects from the outset and with each and every shot or it goes back for repair and then gets sold/traded.

I am on my 2nd V4 3-12x56 and have had zero problems with any of the mechanical aspects. Both have done exactly as designed. If not, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable putting one on my favorite Contender: the 7mm Bullberry. Here's a snapshot from a few minutes ago. This 3-12x56 needs to be properly christened and is awaiting a cooperative hog or coyote. grin

[Linked Image]

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

I called Zeiss customer service . According to the person I spoke to it is a new erector system designed for the American Market. Internet rumors say that a Nightforce higherup was hired by Zeiss.

Form,

Not saying the Zeiss is the best thing since sliced bread, but There are a lot of things that appear to be good. My "limited" testing seems to be positive

This scope is going on a hunting rifle and will get used in a hunting environment much like The SHV that I have.

Not even suggesting it's in the same league as a NXS

However it turns out it will be based on actually using one.

Lefty C

Appreciate the responses guys.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

...You personally wouldn't trust one...………………..yet you never even touched one... amazing

Lefty C

RHCs optimal brain function may well be affected by the Paleo neanderthal caveman diet he adheres to.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bobby - always posting great pics, nice set up.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (260madman, 1minute, 2500HD, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 219DW, 64 invisible), 2,367 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,171
Posts18,503,187
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.