Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

I have had to shoot a couple......they for sure had it coming.

One time neighbor was walking the dog...............

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's no surprise that the poster of this question would do such a thing. Evidently he is an azzwipe in all aspects of life.

Sam......

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Before we put up a fence here in the “city” our lab was attacked by 2 mutts while she was on a chain. Since then other than having them wander off because someone left open a gate we have had no issues. Dog has our name and phone number on her collar and a couple times we got a call that they were out and safe come get them. I have done the same a couple times as well.

Current lab is the best trained so far will not move from the yard without command. When I moved in to this neighborhood 2 of my neighbors had old arthritic dogs who could barely make it across the street to dump on my front yard. They were not vicious so we put up with it. Did pop a cat with the pump up air rifle. Cat was harassing baby birds in a nest just off the ground. Once was all it took to convince her to seek other interests. Fences make for good neighbors.

Last thing I would want to do is shoot a non vicious dog just because it set foot on my property. Vicious or running deer is another matter.

Last edited by Mike_S; 01/15/19.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
If you don’t want things to happen to your dog, they need to be behind a fence. People get tired of nuisance dogs turning over trash cans, cshitting in their yards, growling at their children, etc. They can be stolen or hit by cars.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by slumlord
Small dog, shïtzu. Little old lady owns it. She makes homemade cookies couple times a year for her neighbors.

But...this dog....

Get off the couch and go talk to the little old lady about her sweet little doggie. Something says, though, you’re full of it...

Last edited by WhiteTail48; 01/15/19.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
it's no surprise that the poster of this question would do such a thing. Evidently he is an azzwipe in all aspects of life.

And a schidt stirrer, here.

Carpe' Scrotum
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I've got a neighbor who's dog I would shoot without question. He and his dogs are [bleep]. One dog got on a walker one day, broke the skin on the ankle, owner told walker that she needed to pick another street to walk on. Heard commotion another time to find a walker trying to do karate on the dog. The dog is pretty good about hanging around the guy while he is outside but he will run out into the street on occasion and barking when he sees me or my kids outside. I loaded up the shotgun once and leaned against the chair I was sitting in, I think they got the picture.

Being a dog owner myself, I do know they occasionally get out no matter the fencing, etc. But when you feel threatened, thats another story.

I hunt outside a small town and deal with lots of strays on the hunting property, if they have a collar, they get a pass, if not...sorry. I won't do it if my kids are with me though. I have too much invested to deal with dogs on the property. Two got after my son and I a few years ago on the way back to the truck and he gets scared every time we here a dog on the property now. That's not fun.

What pisses me off are the owners walking dogs that allow them to piss and crap all in my flower beds by the mailbox.

Last edited by killerv; 01/15/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
that poop shooter must be related to the pug:

I say take him in and adopt him, then he's crapping on your/his yard..............

which it is after he craps there more than once................at least in his mind.

Marking behavior is strong stuff.

Geno

Gawt damm
That is exactly how that little fugger projectile poops
Not so high though and he stands still
Kinda like a jet waiting for a JATO pack to kick in.
Hahahaha!
Tff!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 01/15/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dogs are often a source of tension between neighbors. If as an owner if you let your dog roam loose in an area where it may end up being a nuisance to other people, you have zero bitching rights when a neighbor relieves himself of that nuisance. People don't want to hear your dog barking. People don't want your dog shidting in their yard. People don't want your dog chasing them down the street. People don't want your dog getting into their trash. People don't want your dog attacking theirs. People don't want your dog chasing the birds they enjoy watching on their property. You have a goddam duty when you get a dog to keep the fugking thing from being a nuisance. Why is that concept so foreign to so many?

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
The issue is
A neighbor has a rat dog that they let run loose.
It torments all the dogs I mentioned in my post above
Which are all in chainlinked fences back yards.
My self and a neighbor Brian have talked to this person about their dog
And how the other dogs act and what they will do to it the one time it takes to happen.

Person just blew it all off
One of my dogs kills the little rat dog in my yard
Then I gotta deal with b.s. that could have been avoided and advised.

Hence
Rat dogs needs to be educated to keep it from being killed

The beatings will continue
Until the behavior improves.

It's better than me buying a hav a hart cage trap and bringing him to the humane society unknown to the neighbor
Pay 10 bucks to them to take him and 10 days later its decompression chamber blow up internal organs time for him.

So you are saying you need to have the dog killed,to keep it from being killed?

IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Would I? Would I?! Peg leg!!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Our neighbors behind us had a pit bull briefly which came onto our property and was aggressive towards our kids. No attack occurred but it could have. I talked to our neighbor and he said they were watching the dog for friends and it wouldn't happen again. I politely informed him that I'd take action if it did. We never had another issue. In the neighborhood I grew up in, our neighbors across the street had a sheepdog that had a penchant for chasing all the neighborhood kids when they they were riding their bikes. 'Caught him trying to pull down a suet bag off the tree in our front yard. A little slignshot action to his arse cured that. He never came on our yard again. They ended up getting rid of him shorty afterwards 'cause they were tired of neighbors complaining about him chasing their kids;

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by SamOlson
270 Winchester.

And only about 1.5 miles from home.

From the archives...

[Linked Image]

Deer terrorist.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

nice shootin'..........wintering deer are more important than a loose/stray dog........

but Jeez..............a 270 ? You know how gay a 270 is..........

try a 6.5x55 next time............. grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Get one of those foam pool noodles. When the dog comes around, beats it's ass all the way home with the pool noodle. The noodle won't hurt it, but the dog will get the idea.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by renegade50
The issue is
A neighbor has a rat dog that they let run loose.
It torments all the dogs I mentioned in my post above
Which are all in chainlinked fences back yards.
My self and a neighbor Brian have talked to this person about their dog
And how the other dogs act and what they will do to it the one time it takes to happen.

Person just blew it all off
One of my dogs kills the little rat dog in my yard
Then I gotta deal with b.s. that could have been avoided and advised.

Hence
Rat dogs needs to be educated to keep it from being killed

The beatings will continue
Until the behavior improves.

It's better than me buying a hav a hart cage trap and bringing him to the humane society unknown to the neighbor
Pay 10 bucks to them to take him and 10 days later its decompression chamber blow up internal organs time for him.

So you are saying you need to have the dog killed,to keep it from being killed?

No
Sting him with a bb to smarten him up.
Fugging bb pistol can barely dent an aluminum coke can.
And it can even fugg up a squirrel, I watched a bb bounce right off the butt/ hind quarter of one I took a pot shot at in my backyard .
I dont want ta kill him
But it would be awesome if I could sting him in his ready to poop rear legs up in the air position.
Only time he is really still for good shot placement!

I think I have said that about a million six times already

Hahahahaha!!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by Tom264
Originally Posted by mountainclmbr
I would put up a fence. If you shoot the dog the owner could be like me or have a son or relative like me. So if you shoot the dog you better shoot the owner and witnesses too, to not do that could be your last mistake.

Oh geez.
Really??
Kill a human over that?

My dog is not just a dog. It is my pal, my buddy. Dont [bleep] with my buddy. You aint my buddy.,
That's the way I feel about it too. I might just kick your ass. I don't know that I'd kill somebody over it but then again. I do love my dogs like children.

Google "John Wick." Shooting a man's dog is just bad policy.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
On the farm any dog that gets in the cattle pasture or yard chickens and turkeys....there's been a few it was there last go round....
Now that I'am retired in the city....if I can approach a dog that is [bleep] or $hitting on my lawn or bushes....they get a poke with a 4' cattle prod...only had one black lab that needed a second time....

Last edited by coyotewacker; 01/15/19.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gsganzer
Get one of those foam pool noodles. When the dog comes around, beats it's ass all the way home with the pool noodle. The noodle won't hurt it, but the dog will get the idea.

Dude
That little fugger can move at mach 2
I got about a 40 ft range with the bb pistol with some hold over
Beyond that the bb,s curve God knows where.

Tff !!!
Chasing the little fugger with a pool noodle though
Hahaha!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Complaining to my neighbors about their vicious dogs is pointless. They are too broke to feed them much less restrain them. Their favorite breeds are pit bull, chow, husky, and combinations thereof produced by indiscriminate breeding. We hunt our property and own cattle as do 2 other neighbors. Unfed dogs will eat cattle afterbirth, range cubes, corn, fawns, baby calf poop, and calves. There is only one solution. Don't complain, don't explain.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Neighbor had 3 dogs that would come across the hwy into our yard, 2 labs and a german shepherd. They would come over for my old lab Gus. He couldn't fight very well anymore and they knew it. They tore him up pretty bad. I told the neighbor about it and explained that I couldn't have it, told him I didn't want to shoot his dogs but if I had to do it on my own property to save one of my own dogs or to save a person, I would. He understood and they did a really good job of only letting one dog out at a time which seemed to fix things, they would only get brave when all 3 could come over together.

I heard a ruckus from the shop one day and took off running for the dog fight noises I was hearing from the other side of my house. Sure enough, all 3 were back and they were circling my gimpy old lab. He was doing his best to spin around as they took turns diving in at him from behind. They didn't see me, they were having too much fun trying to kill my old dog. I pulled a j frame 38 out of my pocket and lit one off right behind the head of the biggest one. I shot into the dirt but I didn't mind blowing his eardrums out with the muzzle blast. I squared up center mass on that big [bleep] for a kill shot if he spun around on me, but all 3 took off like they had rockets up their asses. I called the neighbor because I heard them outside yelling and frantically gathering their dogs after the gunshot. I explained that I could have and probably should have shot their dogs, but like I said, I really didn't want to. They had kids at home and these were their pets. I told him he seriously needs to evaluate the situation, take a look at whether or not these animals are the right pets to have around his young daughters. I told him, "you know me, I don't want to kill a dog. Don't make me regret shooting into the dirt today to scare them off instead of putting them down. Don't make me regret it. If I find my old dog tore up and dead, just don't let it happen, don't make me regret this warning shot."

It never happened again.

It can be difficult.

Something clever here.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (160user, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 41 invisible), 2,056 guests, and 1,064 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,559
Posts18,510,609
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.