Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
When I have lived where that was a problem and I knew who owned the dog doing the crap in our yard, I just neighborly picked it up with a shovel, and put it in a bucket, and then returned it to their property.

that always took care of the problem.... pissed off a few of them, but then I told them, I was just returning the favor their dog kept doing to my property.

Only once did I have a scenario where the neighbors dog died... little rat terrier..

its owner never would do anything about it..

I didn't kill it, coyote passing thru got it...and turned it into Schitt somewhere out in the woods nearby
I gather...

that cured the A Hole neighbor of letting his little mutt run loose..

its illegal, but I'd rather have shot the neighbor.. old Jewish guy who was the type that just give Jewish people a bad name...former IRS agent...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I wouldn’t stand for my dog to get torn up either. You showed real good restraint not shooting one of them Dave.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I would. And have. Twice

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by hanco
I wouldn’t stand for my dog to get torn up either. You showed real good restraint not shooting one of them Dave.

thanks. it wasn't easy to step back and look at the big picture, the effects on the family, loss of friendship, being for ever a villain in the eyes of their children etc.

It was hard to get past having the opportunity to end it, and not doing it. Lot of trust I hung out there and it honestly didn't set well with me for a long time.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Dogs are often a source of tension between neighbors. If as an owner if you let your dog roam loose in an area where it may end up being a nuisance to other people, you have zero bitching rights when a neighbor relieves himself of that nuisance. People don't want to hear your dog barking. People don't want your dog shidting in their yard. People don't want your dog chasing them down the street. People don't want your dog getting into their trash. People don't want your dog attacking theirs. People don't want your dog chasing the birds they enjoy watching on their property. You have a goddam duty when you get a dog to keep the fugking thing from being a nuisance. Why is that concept so foreign to so many?

SPOT ON

I can't believe all these pages of people saying,you shoot my dog, I'll shoot you.

It is your responsibility to train your dog,not your neighbor's. If you think some much of your dog, teach it not to leave your property. It isn't hard,and is just ignorance and laziness not too. If you don' t want your dog harmed, keep it at home if you think so much of it.

I just shot one about three weeks ago. Far enough away so I din't kill it,but close enough it got a few BB's in it's butt. I have two good mules caught up in corrals right now. The ground is solid ice.That dog got in and was spooking them enough that they were skidding around.If they broke it's leg, I was out $3k and the dog goes home and the neighbors won't even consider paying for the mule .

So they call the sheriff on me. Sheriff tells them I was well within my rights and acted appropriately. Colorado law says any dog can be shot /killed harassing livestock.If in unincorporated part of the county ,the sheriff can't do anything about dogs running loose as there is no leash law.

This was after talking to this neighbor more than three times about their dogs

Last edited by saddlesore; 01/15/19.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Had a 2 YO Lab killed[bow] by two punks several years back, they would ride country roads with one in the bed and shoot whatever apparently. They drug him a mile down the road and tossed him over the bank. They killed a cow a couple of miles away doing same. They were minors when first prosecuted but appealed it and both turned 18 in between. Ended up being a stupid move on their part.
I get queezy still thinking about what they did to my dog.
Paintball guns have their purpose. wink

FJB & FJT
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by saddlesore
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Dogs are often a source of tension between neighbors. If as an owner if you let your dog roam loose in an area where it may end up being a nuisance to other people, you have zero bitching rights when a neighbor relieves himself of that nuisance. People don't want to hear your dog barking. People don't want your dog shidting in their yard. People don't want your dog chasing them down the street. People don't want your dog getting into their trash. People don't want your dog attacking theirs. People don't want your dog chasing the birds they enjoy watching on their property. You have a goddam duty when you get a dog to keep the fugking thing from being a nuisance. Why is that concept so foreign to so many?

SPOT ON

I can't believe all these pages of people saying,you shoot my dog, I'll shoot you.

It is your responsibility to train your dog,not your neighbor's. If you think some much of your dog, teach it not to leave your property. It isn't hard,and is just ignorance and laziness not too. If you don' t want your dog harmed, keep it at home if you think so much of it.

I just shot one about three weeks ago. Far enough away so I din't kill it,but close enough it got a few BB's in it's butt. I have two good mules caught up in corrals right now. The ground is solid ice.That dog got in and was spooking them enough that they were skidding around.If they broke it's leg, I was out $3k and the dog goes home and the neighbors won't even consider paying for the mule .

So they call the sheriff on me. Sheriff tells them I was well within my rights and acted appropriately. Colorado law says any dog can be shot /killed harassing livestock.If in unincorporated part of the county ,the sheriff can't do anything about dogs running loose as there is no leash law.

This was after talking to this neighbor more than three times about their dogs

My experience tells me that if you have to talk to a dog owner, you are probably wasting your time. Good responsible people care for their pets in a way that doesn't allow them to become a nuisance. If you have to talk to someone, it's most likely you are talking to someone who is irresponsible. Talking to irresponsible people rarely makes them responsible.

With that said, I would not shoot a dog as a first course of action unless it was a clear and present danger. I love dogs. They hold a special place in my heart. Sometimes good pet owners have good dogs who get away and roam. I'd hate to kill a loved family member in a situation like that.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
True story
A number of years ago my brother and dad were working on their farm in very rural Kansas. They had a large herd of cattle and noticed they were stampeding. They hopped in a pick up and drove 1/2 mile to the cattle. Five dogs were chasing and harassing the cattle. My brother got out a mini 14 and killed four of the dogs. The fifth one escaped to the neighbors, where he came from. Dad and brother drove over there to tell him what happened. The fifth dog was sitting outside the front of ear house. The neighbor said kill him. My brother did.

NRA Patron
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by renegade50
This is no old lady ....
Their are no carolers

But here is my coke can denting
Bouncing bb off a squirrels ass

Death ray 20 shot semi auto bb pistol
Shooting silver plated Corbon bb,s for rat wolf that has turds shooting outta its ass 2 to 3 ft
That a has total of 9 large dogs in fenced in back yards that want to kill it in various back yards
Cause he torments them all on the other sides of the fence lines
After 2 neighbors( myself and another) talked to the owner
Nicely I might add.. telling the stupid fugger what is gonna happen eventually.

The little fugger continues on doing the same old, same old. Cause of the ignorance of the owner

[Linked Image]

Big medicine....
Ya right......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A long time ago they made something called a leash, or chain, or rope....keep your dog at home, if he comes to mine it's fair game.

Which is exactly what most of the Fire would do to my cat, good hunting to all.

IC B3

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I don't have a dog.
An aggressive one in my yard would be shot.

Neighbor has an old dog that wanders off now and then.
Seen it in my yard .........don't care. He's harmless.

Last edited by hookeye; 01/15/19.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Renegade, dont you NEED that dog to shït in your yard. You know, so that you can mail those little white crusty dog turds to the FKIAs on here that said you tigging that barrel would bend it and make shoot around corners??

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bwana_1
A long time ago they made something called a leash, or chain, or rope....keep your dog at home, if he comes to mine it's fair game.

Which is exactly what most of the Fire would do to my cat, good hunting to all.

This, plus the fact in my state it’s legal. Both those labs would be dead in an instant. All I have to say is they aren’t mine, in my yard and growled at me. Fugg em bang bang.

Swifty
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The older neigbors called to complain my JRT was on their lawn. After they complained enough i built a fence and that solved the problem.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
now if its just an once or twice a year its no big deal. but when and if your neighbor feels your land is recreation area for his dog or dogs that is just wrong. warning once is fine but if you do shoot the dog or dogs make sure you use a gun big enough to kill it quickly and get rid of it and don`t tell anyone including all family. do not use a 22 LR and one shot is best no can tell where one shot came from.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've shot dogs for running sheep. Can't think of any reason that would cause me to shoot a dog for walking across my yard.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gsganzer
My old yellow lab had a pellet under his skin when he got x-rayed after I ran him over in the driveway. (he survived, but it "gloved" the skin on his leg and had to get sewed up). He was a great dog. All the neighbors loved him and would encourage him to visit. (apparently, someone maybe wasn't so thrilled with his visits!) he raised a whole neighborhood of kids as his own. Wherever the kids were playing, he was always with them watching over them. If the neighborhood ladies went for walks, they always stopped at our house first, so the dog would go with them and make them feel safe.

Funniest story was when one of the neighbor kids went near another neighbors fence that owned two Rottweilers. Those rotts came running out snarling and gnashing teeth towards the boy. My lab got between the boy and those rotts and puffed himself up and gave it back to those rotts. After the rotts turned and ran away, my lab walked over to the boy, hiked his leg and pissed all over him!

That IS a funny story! I love labs!

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by slumlord
With a Co2 pistol just for walking thru your yard? laugh

Cause it's fixing to happen.

Just for being on your property or something more to the story ?

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
LOL, No, neighborhood dogs, hunting dogs, strays all wander through here from time to time, I don't mind, if not seriously bothering cattle they live, even had a neighbors shepherd/wolf pup something or another trying to teach himself some courage, I was watching him bark at the cows, build a little bravery and move closer, I thought, hmmm, lesson time, got the old sxs 12 and filled it with ounce and an eighth 7.5's, I came out hollering, the pup turned to run back across the pasture, when he was full away and I couldn't see his eyes, I let him have a couple rounds, he was probably 85-90 yards out, it must have worked, he has lost interest in my cows and is probably 7 or 8 years old now.

Trump Won!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
It's usually the owners who are the problem not the dog. In this case I would shoot it......with a squirt gun. He'll get tired of getting wet!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

317 members (222Sako, 1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 27 invisible), 10,095 guests, and 1,053 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,340
Posts18,546,412
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.