Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Got a hot cup of coffee spilled on my arm. A bit before 4. Mouthful of soap about this time for calling our dumb dog a n i g g e r. {mom not dad} And seeing a bobcat in the yard.

Lolol....I got a mouth full of Ivory soap (99 44/100% pure 😁) for calling my little brother a fa.g....actually I was yelling it over and over at the top of my lungs....I didn’t know what a fa.g was so when mom told me I had no idea that some dude could do that to another dude....it still dumbfounds me that any guy could do that....fugging fa.gs.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I have friends who say they don't remember much of anything before second grade or thereabout. OTOH I remember all kind of stuff from when I was two.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When I was 3, I remember that my Father had a big cookout for 25 or so of his closest USMC buddies from WW2 in July 1958.

With wives and kids, there must have been around 120 people, so there was a never ending line of women waiting to use the toilet. The men and boys were forced to pee in back of the barn.

EDIT: That same summer my Parents rented a camp on Mascoma Lake in Enfield, NH, that had a Boston & Maine railroad track behind the camp. I had a little folding lawn chair with green webbing that someone placed where I could hear/watch/feel the trains and the Budd cars traveling between West Lebanon and Concord, NH.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I remember playing in sand box with my younger brother. I was 3-4 years old. Also remember falling about eight feet through a trap door in grandfathers barn, specifically crying and dad carrying me in his arms to the house. I was probably four. And these occasions were in the early 50s.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
About 2 yrs old..... Parents rented a house from Mrs. Matchner (sp). I dont remember the house too much, but the yard I played in. Had a RR track running behind the house and the steam engines would come by, sometimes 2 or 3 pulling the cars. The yard was fenced and there was a shed in the yard. Also, had a push mower. I could just barely lift the handle, pushing the mower was out of the question.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Standing at the balcony watching my mom talking to a woman.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My earliest memories are of a fly in trip to Canada with my Mom and Dad. The bush plane had one seat for the pilot. Everyone else sat on sleeping bags, or whatever they could cobble together to be more comfortable. I remember being on my dad's lap. I also remember getting a bath on that trip in a Coke cooler.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Lmao. And you said I ain’t right..

Lol, I Never claimed to be.............. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
First thing I remember was my father beating me.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Man, I know a lot of friends growing up like this. ........break the chain! I’m a West Virginia hillbilly dumbass and I broke it. I’m so sorry for the ship you went thru, but I promise you that it can and will be better.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dale06
I remember playing in sand box with my younger brother. I was 3-4 years old. Also remember falling about eight feet through a trap door in grandfathers barn, specifically crying and dad carrying me in his arms to the house. I was probably four. And these occasions were in the early 50s.

I thought you were gonna tell us that the cat kept trying to cover y’all up.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Toddly
Originally Posted by Reloder28

Man, I know a lot of friends growing up like this. ........break the chain! I’m a West Virginia hillbilly dumbass and I broke it. I’m so sorry for the ship you went thru, but I promise you that it can and will be better.

This pisses me off, When I was 15 I had this bud whose dad was a worthless drunk, one night Randy and I came home 15 minutes late, the old man was in a drunken stupor and started beating on Randy, I'd never seen anything like this in my life before and was quite shocked, I grabbed a 2x4 lying against the wall and I clock the old man upside the head and knocked him out fuggin' cold.

Randy and I took off and ended up at a elementary school playground and spent the night sleeping there. Randy told mke that the old man would do this every once in awhile and that we were probably dead when we returned home.

We went home the next morning and the old man gave me the stink eye but never said a word about it, a few weeks later the old man took to beating on Randy again, well randy had had enough and grabbed a shovel and knocked the baster out cold again.

The Old man never touched him again after that.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by hanco

What is your earliest memory?

Making a snake out of modeling clay behind the couch...I wasn't quite 2 years old...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Flashes, bits and pieces of being in the hospital to have my tonsils out. Similar flashes of my older sister and I having chicken-pox @ the same time.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Probably about 3 years old - my first airplane crash.

I had a metal toy pedal airplane that is the good news - the bad news is that we had a porch with no guard railing and it was about 6 ft off the ground, to this day I can still remember going off of it, well at least the on the way down part.
Outside of a couple of bruises and scrapes I wasn't hurt at all but it sure ruined the airplane.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The first thing I remember knowin' was a lonesome whistle blowin'

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
I was born in Rochester, MN. I have lots of "snapshot" memories of our time there. Nothing exciting or traumatic, just pictures. We moved from there when I was about 3, so that gives me some frame of reference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Bouncing in one of those little swingy-thingees that they used to hang off the door jam. I was just a baby and don't really remember anything else from that period.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Another infant or toddler memory I have:

I wasn't able to talk yet so I was pretty young.

My grandparents on my Dad's side moved a mobile home into the home place because the old farm house was getting unlivable. They had a had a little white plastic cow up on a shelf in this mobile home and I remember pointing at it and looking at grandma and grandpa until one of them would get it down for me to play with. I recall doing that every time we visited.

Last edited by Rooster7; 01/16/19.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can't say how old that I was, but young. At my Grandmothers on my Mothers side, and getting out of the truck, and in my Mothers arms. Everyone was crying and I kept wanting to know why, but I did not understand death. Grandmother had died, but I was too young to understand, but I knew everybody crying was not right. When I was older but not a lot, I remember my Mother picking me up to look at my Grandmother's, Sister, on my Dad's side, Laying in a coffin. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

499 members (1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 56 invisible), 4,232 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,700
Posts18,534,653
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.