Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by 700LH
Once hosed down in the trap they tend to not return

It should at least teach’em to stay out of Hav-A-Heart.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Fugg.......
[Linked Image]

Keep on, when the force starts, don't stop till you get enough!

$$$ TRUMP AT THE PUMP 2024 $$$
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 700LH
Once hosed down in the trap they tend to not return

It should at least teach’em to stay out of Hav-A-Heart.

They quit chittin in the flowerbeds too.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
My Wife feeds the birds year around. Occasionally something tears up one of the feeders and I set my trap up. Have caught Possums, Coons, Skunks and a few Cats. Possums and Skunks eat the bait then go to sleep. The Cats and Coons go crazy until they exhaust themselves then that get up and do it all again. The coons go at it hard enough to damage the trap. I usually haul the wild animals down the road about 5 miles and release them.The cats get a free ride to the fish farm I used to work for. They like them and there are a bunch of them over there. The farm buys food for them and the guys in the shop kind of watch out for them. There are enough buildings to provide shelter for them. If I recognize the cat I'll turn it loose at home. I've never caught the same one twice. I like the water idea!

lightman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Put it in your vehicle and go find some water deep enough to submerge the whole cage.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by shrapnel

When you’re really feeling perky, try letting one out of a leg hold trap. That will peg your “Macho Meter”

Try splitting a cat’s tongue if you think the leg hold trap is fun. About the only way you can do it safely is to put the cat in a rubber boot with just the head sticking out. You can then take your pocket knife, force the blade between the teeth then split the tongue.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

When you’re really feeling perky, try letting one out of a leg hold trap. That will peg your “Macho Meter”

Try splitting a cat’s tongue if you think the leg hold trap is fun. About the only way you can do it safely is to put the cat in a rubber boot with just the head sticking out. You can then take your pocket knife, force the blade between the teeth then split the tongue.

What's the point of that?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

OR, wilt it. Never let a feral cat out of a steel trap that couldn't then be used for a Huck Finn/Tom Sawyer ritual.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I don't have much sympathy for feral cats, I find them sitting under my bird houses far too often. When found they tend to die of lead poisoning.

I do have a soft spot for cats that seem lost such as those dumped when the owners tire of them. I have picked up more than a few over the years and have found good homes for them. The latest was just yesterday. I was at our cabin picking up after doing some work when I heard a cat yowling. It worked its way closer until it came up to me. It was definitely scared and cold but it was very friendly. I picked it up and tossed into one of the travel kennels in the back of the Suburban and the cat curled up and slept. I checked with the year round homes within two miles but it wasn't theirs. The nearest neighbor stated they had a cat start hanging around their shed two days before and it was yowling too. It seems someone dumped the cats to fend for themselves.

I couldn't leave the cat up there, it's cries would have attracted a coyote, bobcat, or maybe wolf in no time. That is, if it didn't succumb to the weather as it was drizzly, cool, and the cat did not have a winter coat. I brought it home as I know a few people that would be receptive to a new cat. Instead, my wife took a liking to her even though my wife is not a cat person. Now, I have a cat under my roof, something that hasn't happened since 1994.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice to know somebody's getting some pussy.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You'll be ok................ as long as the cat will fit into the microwave.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
One of the farms I’m working at had between 30-40 pretty much feral cats this summer. The retired couple that own it can’t deal with getting rid of them so I told them I’d help out.

The first one I trapped happened to be one of the three they kind of wanted to keep if possible. He was acting rather hostile in the live trap, so I put on one of my heavy welding gloves and reached in to gently(hah) remove him.
He immediately clamped onto my hand and bit completely through the glove into my index finger. I was able to get his tail with my other hand and proceeded to swing him in a 360* windmill motion with his head impacting a piece of 1/2” angle iron laying on the ground. After four or five of those he was thrown in a box.
Next morning I had two more in the traps. Shot them both before trying to yank them out. As I was placing one of them in the same box. Old angle-iron head looks up at me. I cannot believe I am actually seeing a live cat in that box so I freeze for a moment.
Bastard hops out and runs (kind of sideways) into the tree belt. Had the .22 in my hand, but never even shouldered it.
The neighbor said they were tough to kill. I had no idea.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

303 members (1Longbow, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 12344mag, 26 invisible), 10,026 guests, and 1,060 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,340
Posts18,546,401
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.