Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by David_Walter

She may look goofy in some pictures, but she was drop dead gorgeous.

My stepson met her awhile back and made the same observation. Dave

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
In 1971 I was in college near Memphis, Tn. On March 8th of that year
Ali fought Joe Frazier for the first time. Billed as the "Fight of the Century".
Four of my buds and I drove up to Memphis from school to the old Ellis
auditorium to see the fight on closed circuit tv. When we got there the only tickets
left were the most expensive seats ($25) and that was a bunch of money to us.
We decided to buy them and because it was still a couple of hours until the fight, all the
tickets sold out and we were offered $50 bucks each for the tickets. We didn't sell.

When we went in to our seats, we noticed there were about 10 or 12 seats about 2 rows in front of us
and we wondered who would have bought them, paid all that money and then didn't show up.

After the house lights darkened, the side exit door opened and in came Elvis, Priscilla, George Klein, and the whole
Memphis mafia and sat right in front of us. I will never forget he had those big chrome sunglasses on.

I don't think many people behind us knew he was there and they took him out quietly just as the fight ended.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Met a few, ranging in fame from Ron Palillo (Arnold Horseshack) through Mickey Dolenz (drummer from the Monkees) both genuinely nice guys, Dana Delaney (yowza!) to Robert Duvall. Add a number of politicians including the last five governors of Michigan, two governors of Virginia, and at a homeland security conference, I met the SEAL that led the Captain Phillips rescue, Sully, and Robert Mueller. There’s been a couple more, I guess. Meant very little at the time and still does.

Old70

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We, spent a week next door to Kathy Ireland and family, at a hole in the wall, dive resort in Roatan. Owner of resort informed us as we were settling up our tab on the last day, that they, were doing humanitarian work in the area. Never said more than good day to her. Had no Idea who she was, looked her up on the internet when we got back to the States.

There is a war on America and America is losing
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
[quote=old70Meant very little at the time and still does.

Old70[/quote]

HA, there it is.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Met Chuck Norris years ago. Nicest guy ever. Met Muhammad Ali at a cocktail party and discussed how he really felt about Howard Cosell, and laughed about his answer. Got a hug from Miss Universe, though she was just Miss USA at the moment. Her crown slid over and hit me in the head. Dang thing was heavy. Most fun meet was with an old NFL guy, Charlie Johnson, who had once QB’d the St Louis Cardinals. I got to ask him who the best Middle Linebackers, Safeties, and Cornerbacks he had to play against. Johnson was a Chemical Engineer, like me, so we geeked out a bit. Met Tom Landry and his wife many years ago. She was drop dead beautiful and he was way bigger than he looked on TV. Huge hands.

Met Bum Phillips at a cocktail party. He was really nice. Can’t think of any others except politicians and TV actors of only minor note.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GW Bush in Waco,Tx.= He came by where I was working and talked for maybe a min or two.
Ken Curtis in the airport at Denver, Co., - We talked maybe 5 minutes. Really nice guy. The accent on Gunsmoke is all acting.
Bill Engvall in Las Vegas, NV, - He had actually met my son and came over to our table and talked a few minutes when the show was over.
Eddie Robinson- Grambling football coach- Knew him pretty well. As nice a fellow as you could ever ask to meet.
Donna Douglas- Elly May on Beverly Hillbillies- Knew her, her mother, and her son. Son works at the GP plant that is closing.
Rodney Milburn- '72 Gold medal at Munich Olympics- Worked with him.
Fired AG Jeff Sessions- When he was a Senator from AL- He came by the office one day to see how we were doing. Working on BP oil spill.
Al Davis- Ex Raiders Coach- Met on airplane- 100% azz hole.

Dont know if I should mention this one or not- Bill Clinton when he was Gov. of Ark.- attended a function he was speaking at and he came by our table for a min or two.

I declined an invitation to meet obama.... Fugg the POS.

Added: Bert Jones- NFL quarterback- really nice fellow
Terry Bradshaw- NFL quarterback- another 100% azz hole
Phil Robertson- Quack Quack- Met him several times at the landing while duck hunting. He would always say, 'Here come the Ruston boys'.

Added: Saw Mathsr post about Tanya Tucker- She did a concert at La. Tech when she was a teenager. After the show, I cut thru the gym to take a shortcut to the dorm. Ran into her and her people in one of the halls. Told her I really liked the show, she thanked me and kissed me on the cheek. Very early in her career.

Last edited by Oldman3; 01/16/19.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
In Quad Cities airport in 1984. Was very early in the morn, 6:00 or so. I checked in and was the only person in the gate area, waiting for flight to Minneapolis. A young large man and a much smaller older guy came down the concourse and sat down right in front of me. I was reading and looked up as they sat sown. The older guy was Milton Berle. He had done a show the night before and was heading back to LA. The big guy apparently was his body guard. We chatted a bit.
Sat next to A
Bobby Unsur at the head table of a business convention. He was the key note speaker. He was friendly and we talked about elk hunting.
Paul Ryan at a business event. Seemed like a decent guy.
Norm Coleman ( Mn Senator) ay Wash National airport. He was friendly.

Last edited by dale06; 01/16/19.

NRA Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tanya Tucker walked past my wife and I in an airport. She was being mobbed by a bunch of people wanting an autograph. I wouldn't let my wife join that bunch and we just sat and watched. After a few minutes she came over and sat next to my wife and they talked for probably fifteen minutes. Mrs Tucker's shoe was falling apart, with the sole pealing back almost to the heel. She had been at a fishing tournament in the Bahamas and seemed pretty down to earth.

I saw Pierce Brosnan in a grocery store in Hawaii several years ago. He was walking around like he didn't want to be recognized or paid attention to and people were obliging him.

Harry
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Several years ago I was walking down the aisle right by the registers in Springfield, MO's BPS. Passed Jim Baker. Hadn't heard he was out of prison yet. But he was, had a radio show down there and now is hawking survival stuff from his compound near there.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Met the governor of Texas a lot of years back, name of Allan Shivers, you may figure how long it was. I was about eight years old, in the Capital and wandered into his office. He shook my hand introduced himself and got somebody to get me back where I belonged.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Alan Alda
Thomas Church
Sandra Bullock
Matthew Mcoughnahey.
Dan Quayle
Shrapnel

Bunch more of you count politicians and gun writers.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Shared an elevator ride with Annie Lennox 15 year ago in Lexington KY at a Holiday Inn. I was at a work conference and she was at a convention for her dog breed, which hers was with us on the elevator. This was the week that Reagan died.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This was kinda fun to read. I don't worship people, most who achieve "celebrity status" don't deserve it (worship or status) but I have run into a few famous folks over the years, usually not by accident.

The King and Queen of Sweden. (being a constitutional monarchy, they don't have to run a country, just meet with visiting groups of students, sports teams, exchange students (that's what I was), etc, this was about 2 months before the crown princess was born in '77)

Neal Armstrong was buddies with the (retired general) boss of a small electronics company I worked at early in my career and came thru for a tour one day, got to shake his hand.

When I got involved in Olympic shooting a decade ago, I met nearly every coach and shooter on the US rifle and pistol teams, including several medalists and world champions (Wigger, Emmons, others) and several shooters on the Czech, China, Taiwan and Hong Kong teams.

"Gunney" R Lee Ermy came out to the CMP Western Games at Ben Avery, Phoenix for several years, I was squadded on his target one year, alternate relays, so I pulled for him and didn't know it was him till after the pit change. On the firing line he was just another shooter, talked to every. Did OK prone, not so well standing.

I heard a Navajo Code talker (I think it was Joe Kelwood) sing the marine corps hymn to Joe Foss (ex NRA president and SD governor) at a gun club meeting 15 years ago.

former-NRA president Sandra Froman regularly shot at a rifle match I used to run at Ben Avery in prior years.

on that topic, last time the NRA annual meetings were in Phoenix, Oliver North was the speaker, he slapped me on the shoulder and greeted me as he walked by during the banquet.

Never met the guy, but I am a member of both a gun club and ham radio club that late Senator Barry Goldwater had been a member of....

it seems I'm rambling... I'll stop....

ya'll have fun!

Poole

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
There are a lot of celebrities who brag about the time they met me.

You ain't Shrapnel! smile smile smile

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was at a large gun show in Louisville, KY in about 1999 and was at a table admiring some old cowboy rifles and long range buffalo type rifles. I was slowly working my way along the table, and the seller was talking to this guy. I wasn't really paying attention to it, but I knew it was about buying a rifle. As I got closer I realized it was Hank Williams Jr. He was just like everybody else in hog heaven around all the old guns......except he had the money to buy them!

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
I ate lunch with Dusty Rogers at an NRA convention in Minneapolis, MN. He was a very nice guy and shoo'd a couple of leeches off to let some normal people sit with us.

Many of Prince's entourage after meeting Jerome Benton of The Time at a place I worked at. It turned out we played football against each other in high school. Over the next few years we ran into one another a couple times a year. He was always very nice and introduced me to many local notables. I also met Sheila E and Big Chick through him. I helped move Sheila E into a condo and It surprised Chick's older daughter that Chick and I knew each other. I met the daughter through my best friend's sister as those two were friends and I would drive them places before they got their licenses.

Sat next to Alan Jackson one evening, we talked water skiing, cars, and things not related to music for a couple of hours.

Sat next to Tom Knapp on a flight, we knew several people in common and traded stories of them between us.

Helped some friends that ran the fan club of a country music radio station- met a lot of artists through them but that wasn't accidental. Same for those I met at WE Fest- I was friends with some of the big wigs there.

Those are the ones I can think of off hand.

B
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Several years ago I was walking down the aisle right by the registers in Springfield, MO's BPS. Passed Jim Baker. Hadn't heard he was out of prison yet. But he was, had a radio show down there and now is hawking survival stuff from his compound near there.

Wow

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Back around 1976 or 1977 while going to tech school in Valparaiso IN one of my classmates saw an add from one of the car dealerships saying they were going to have a Playboy Playmate at the dealership. This was too good for a bunch of young horny guys to pass up so 4 or 5 of us skipped class and went down there. Sure enough they had 1974 May Playmate/1975 Playmate of the year Marilyn Lange there. We were the only people who showed up. We spent probably over 1/2 an hour just talking to her asking all sorts of questions. She was gorgeous and very nice.

Then around 1979 or 1980, was stuck in traffic after leaving the Indy 500. Looked over and in the car next to us was Loni Anderson sitting in the back seat. Windows were down in both vehicles so I yelled " Hey Loni!" She looked over and smiled real nice and waved. Also very gorgeous.

3825 24336
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Nailed captain lou Albano right squared between his eyes with a real hard balled up compacted program paper for a wrestling event in the Bangor auditorium
When I was 13 yrs old around 1976.
Chief Jay strongbow walayed him with a fold up chair about 2 minutes prior.
Shook andre the giants hand at same event.

Fast forward to 1999
Recruiting duty in Bangor maine.
Sgt Slaughter of all people is doing the grand opening of some department store out at the mall.
So all us recruiters go their in class A,s to go get pics with him.

1sg idea.....

We are all shaking his hand
I say to him jokingly while shaking his hand
"Sarge I thought you was dead man"
He says to me laughing " your a dick dude"

Both of us laughing our ass,s off in front of about 125 people standing around.

Hahahaha!!!!

Last edited by renegade50; 01/16/19.
Page 3 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

261 members (1minute, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 1beaver_shooter, 2ndwind, 31 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,895
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.