C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by koshkin
Originally Posted by prm
Having actually shot with one, it really isn't that big of a deal, at least not with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Glass is nice, seems to track well based on a few groups dialing between shots. Eyebox is a finicky above about 8x. The eye relief is bigger deal in the initial positioning than with the shooting. Need to ensure the forward scope ring is far enough back. it is a tiny, lightweight scope.

The biggest caliber I have it one so far is the 7.62x54R and I did not get hit with the scope. Right now, I am setting it up as a backup for my 280Rem, but I have not fired it on that gun yet. I do not anticipate issues, but we'll see. I tend to have backup scopes pre-zeroed for any rifle I might take anywhere aside from the range with me and the ultralight is an interesting backup scope given how little weight it adds to my pack.

I have now seen three samples and they all stayed zero'ed and tracked correctly. With an ultralight design I always worry about these things, so I'll keep torturing it and see how it holds up.

ILya

Did you just fire it off the bench or use it in actual hunting conditions.....uphill, downhill, etc?

??????

This SWFA scope is built around the discontinued Sightron 2.5-10 and shares the same specifications
I used one as my main hunting scope for over 10 years on my lightweight 260 AI with no issues whatsoever
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 01/17/19. Reason: Added pictures
GB1

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by koshkin
[quote=prm]Having actually shot with one, it really isn't that big of a deal, at least not with a 6.5 Creedmoor. Glass is nice, seems to track well based on a few groups dialing between shots. Eyebox is a finicky above about 8x. The eye relief is bigger deal in the initial positioning than with the shooting. Need to ensure the forward scope ring is far enough back. it is a tiny, lightweight scope.

The biggest caliber I have it one so far is the 7.62x54R and I did not get hit with the scope. Right now, I am setting it up as a backup for my 280Rem, but I have not fired it on that gun yet. I do not anticipate issues, but we'll see. I tend to have backup scopes pre-zeroed for any rifle I might take anywhere aside from the range with me and the ultralight is an interesting backup scope given how little weight it adds to my pack.

I have now seen three samples and they all stayed zero'ed and tracked correctly. With an ultralight design I always worry about these things, so I'll keep torturing it and see how it holds up.

ILya

Did you just fire it off the bench or use it in actual hunting conditions.....uphill, downhill, etc?

??????

This SWFA scope is built around the discontinued Sightron 2.5-10 and shares the same specifications
I used one as my main hunting scope for over 10 years on my lightweight 260 AI with no issues whatsoever
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][/quote

I had one of these years ago and gave it to a friend of mine who still uses it.

I suspect the Ultralight SS is a related design.

Ilya]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (160user, 007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 56 invisible), 2,299 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,073
Posts18,482,628
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.