Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I really don't like trash being talked about brian pearce. He is a good one, and i trust what he writes completely. through the years a few times i have needed to contact him, and he responded.
I also know where one of the original moulds ended up for a magnum caliber, given to pearce by Dr Howell. He thought a lot of him too.

Who said anything negative about him. I dont even know bim. Is this some insinuation that anyone said anything negative?

I AM THE GOOD FRIEND OF RENEGADE50.
HE MENTORS ME.
HE PUNISHES ME WHEN I AM WRONG.
HE CALLS ME OUT WHEN I AM LYING.
HE CARES GREATLY ABOUT ME.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Where did Pearce get his info that SAAMI reduced the CUP pressure? I dunno, SAAMI, perhaps?

March 1969 GunNotes:
"Each year I receive a number of inquiries about velocities of various magnum sixgun loads when fired from different barrel lengths. A lot of accurate and some inaccurate information has been published in the past. Some factory loads we have tested were far too heavy for any sixgun. Continued use of these would ruin the gun in a short time.
One box of factory 44 Magnum ammo my friend Dr. Nippe sent to White Laboratory carried 21.32 grains of factory powder and a 239.25 grain bullet. This load averaged 1,608 fps. velocity from an 8 3/8 inch Smith and Wesson and pressures averaged 41,000 psi.."

March 1973 Gun Notes:

"Later, the small arms technical people (Remington) increased the velocity specs and also went to jacketed bullets, greatly increasing both pressures and velocities. Dr. Nippe sent a box of these loads to White's Laboratory and they varied 11,600 psi in just ten rounds and some loads went to nearly 50,000 psi........They are nowhere near as heavy in pressures as some as our commercial makes put out for some years (regarding Norma ammo).....I have not tried any late issue Winchester-Western, but for a time both makes were far overloaded to my notion (R-P/W-W) ."

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by HawkI
Where did Pearce get his info that SAAMI reduced the CUP pressure? I dunno, SAAMI, perhaps?

March 1969 GunNotes:
"Each year I receive a number of inquiries about velocities of various magnum sixgun loads when fired from different barrel lengths. A lot of accurate and some inaccurate information has been published in the past. Some factory loads we have tested were far too heavy for any sixgun. Continued use of these would ruin the gun in a short time.
One box of factory 44 Magnum ammo my friend Dr. Nippe sent to White Laboratory carried 21.32 grains of factory powder and a 239.25 grain bullet. This load averaged 1,608 fps. velocity from an 8 3/8 inch Smith and Wesson and pressures averaged 41,000 psi.."

March 1973 Gun Notes:

"Later, the small arms technical people (Remington) increased the velocity specs and also went to jacketed bullets, greatly increasing both pressures and velocities. Dr. Nippe sent a box of these loads to White's Laboratory and they varied 11,600 psi in just ten rounds and some loads went to nearly 50,000 psi........They are nowhere near as heavy in pressures as some as our commercial makes put out for some years (regarding Norma ammo).....I have not tried any late issue Winchester-Western, but for a time both makes were far overloaded to my notion (R-P/W-W) ."

Again WHO SAID THE LOADS HAVENT BEEN REDUCED.? Again WHO SAID THE LOADS HAVENT BEEN REDUCED?
Again WHO SAID THE LOADS HAVENT BEEN REDUCED?
Again READ WHAT I HAVE POSTED.

HE MENTORS ME.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Also many used PSI as to pressure in the CUP days but it was CUP in those days. 41.000CUP not PSI.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
Originally Posted by EdM
Brian bought a case of the vintage ammo some years ago along with an early M29 to demonstrate the infamous 600 yard Elmer Keith shot. The story appeared in Handloader.

No one doubts what the article says. It says what it says. It is in print. We can see that. BUT, where did he get his information? If he had a case of vintage ammo did he have any pressure tested?

I'd imagine he did, since he has bothered pressure testing, in a lab, 2400 powder from old stocks of the 60s and 70's to recent manufactured 2400 regarding loads in 38-44, 357, 41 Magnum, 44 Special and 44 Magnum.

It's not like his recommended load reductions were half-assed guesses; but then again, many have actually read his information....

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by EdM
Brian bought a case of the vintage ammo some years ago along with an early M29 to demonstrate the infamous 600 yard Elmer Keith shot. The story appeared in Handloader.

No one doubts what the article says. It says what it says. It is in print. We can see that. BUT, where did he get his information? If he had a case of vintage ammo did he have any pressure tested?

I'd imagine he did, since he has bothered pressure testing, in a lab, 2400 powder from old stocks of the 60s and 70's to recent manufactured 2400 regarding loads in 38-44, 357, 41 Magnum, 44 Special and 44 Magnum.

It's not like his recommended load reductions were half-assed guesses; but then again, many have actually read his information....

What about the statistical differences between lots of the powder? Differences of the primers then and now if any? Differences in the accuracy of the testing equipment then and now?

HE MENTORS ME.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Where have these revelations been made manifest? Do we know if the ammo companies had their feces together concerning the loading of the 44 Mag over say a few years?

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I'm just an observer.

What you have been rambling on about is that you apparently know more about the subject than either Elmer Keith or Brian Pearce.

If you do, please post the alteriors you have regarding the subject, we'd all like to have information that isn't false.....

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm just an observer.

What you have been rambling on about is that you apparently know more about the subject than either Elmer Keith or Brian Pearce.

If you do, please post the alteriors you have regarding the subject, we'd all like to have information that isn't false.....

You are mistaken. I have never make a declaration in a declaring way. Others have. All I ask for is some reasonably factual information. Anyone can write anything. That doesnt make it true or untrue. I have never said anything is untrue. Neither have I said it is true. I havent said pressure has been reduced Raised or remained the same.
That wasnt my original statement in the first place.

Last edited by glockdoofus; 02/01/19.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Elmer Keith and Brian Pearce have reasonably posted their information regarding the subject.
The 1983 NRA handloading guide gives a CUP pressure establishment of 43,500 CUP. Most modern manuals still using CUP limit it at 40,000.

If you don't think their information is based on facts or are lies, or know otherwise, speak up to the contrary. It might make history....

It might also bother you that the 357 Magnum, the 221 FireBall and other cartridges have been loaded up and down over the years, with very few, other than the contrarian, argumentative types to cry bullshit and tone down their rancor when real people corroborate it.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Elmer Keith and Brian Pearce have reasonably posted their information regarding the subject.
The 1983 NRA handloading guide gives a CUP pressure establishment of 43,500 CUP. Most modern manuals still using CUP limit it at 40,000.

If you don't think their information is based on facts or are lies, or know otherwise, speak up to the contrary. It might make history....

It might also bother you that the 357 Magnum, the 221 FireBall and other cartridges have been loaded up and down over the years, with very few, other than the contrarian, argumentative types to cry bullshit and tone down their rancor when real people corroborate it.

Evidentally you cant read or dont want to read.
I NEVER SAID THE PRESSURE HAS BEEN REDUCED, RAISED OR HAS REMAINED THE SAME. Can you not get it in your head?
I NEVER SAID THAT. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT.
Please tell me where I said these things.
I never said anything about pressure up down sideways or over, under around and through.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I read just fine. You haven't stated obvious [bleep], other than being an argumentative [bleep].

You're the politician "politicianing around"....hey, WHERE DID I GET THAT?

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
'a declaration in a declaring way."

Sweet jesus, WHERE DID I GET THAT!

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
'a declaration in a declaring way."

Sweet jesus, WHERE DID I GET THAT!

Tell me where I said the pressure wasnt lowered' was raised or remaind the same. You in your declaring declaration in a pontificating insinuating, indicating blowviating way seem to think I have.
You in your declarations have tried to turn the tables but it wont work. Show me where I made any statement on whether the pressure has went any way.
Just a simple question. Please show me where.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
SAAMI specs on the 44 Magnum is STILL 40,000 CUP or 36,000 PSI depending on the type of pressure gun. PERIOD.

You've been ragging on everyone's ass since page one. PERIOD.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
SAAMI specs on the 44 Magnum is STILL 40,000 CUP or 36,000 PSI depending on the type of pressure gun. PERIOD.

You've been ragging on everyone's ass since page one. PERIOD.

That first post has nothing to do with the direction of the pressures up, down or sideways.
Please read if you can. Where did I say the pressure wasnt lowered, raised or has remained the same?
Can you show me?
All I did was ask for some resources as to where each pontificator got their information.
Surely someone would have resources from either the factories or SAAMI themselves.
Where are the actual resources? Informational resources that is.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Maroonal sources like yourself?

Plenty posted. The NRA, HP White, you want Lyman?

You just want to [bleep] argue...PERIOD.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Show the resources. Telling you have them is simple. I can say I am the King of England. That doesnt mean I am.
Now where are the resources in printed form on a site.

HE MENTORS ME.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
They're called books.

Where are they?
Everywhere.

PERIOD!

You need any more advice, primary would be not being an argumentative douchebag, but I know you can't help yourself.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Show the resources. Telling you have them is simple. I can say I am the King of England. That doesnt mean I am.
Now where are the resources in printed form on a site.

You’re barking up the wrong tree.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

462 members (1moredeer, 1Longbow, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 39 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,394
Posts18,469,930
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.