Wonder if Quint is still in there.

Great ass on that chick.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Triggernosis,

100% CORRECT. = During SHARK WEEK in 2016 one of the cameramen nearly got eaten by a Great White, off the South Africa coast, that came from behind him, while he was "close & personal" with a different shark.

THAT video, the crew did NOT show on TV.

yours, tex

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DarlaG
Triggernosis,

100% CORRECT. = During SHARK WEEK in 2016 one of the cameramen nearly got eaten by a Great White, off the South Africa coast, that came from behind him, while he was "close & personal" with a different shark.

THAT video, the crew did NOT show on TV.

yours, tex

When I was in Cape Town, they had cage diving trips where they would bait great whites in for folks to get close too them.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
My wife and I will be in Maui on Sunday for a quick few days away just her and I but since Deep Blue is in the Oahu area we don’t have anything to worry about. 😁

We’ll still go body surfing and snorkeling but I expect my wife to be more apprehensive than I am so I guess I won’t dive down underwater and grab her ankle.....no shark impersonations 🦈

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by benchman
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Some cool stuff on wiki about great whites, they don’t begin to breed until their twenties and thirties and when they get THAT big they may depend largely upon whale carcasses (I didn’t think there were that many dead whales).

Sharks can go an awfully long time between large feedings. Depends on the species, of course, and Great Whites and Makos maintain a higher body temp than the surrounding water, so need more than most. Still a real long time, in human terms. I think the latest data indicates that 66 pounds of blubber is good for about 6 weeks, for a Great White.

For a shark that big, 66 pounds of blubber is a bite or two.

One of the most interesting things I’ve seen related to sharks in recent years was a show about the discovery of a killer whale pod that specialized in killing and eating great white sharks. And then the interaction between them. Some researchers were following a congregation of hundreds of great whites around a seal birthing area and then one morning suddenly as if someone snapped their fingers, all the sharks were gone. Then later that day or the next day that killer whale pod showed up on the scene.

Yeah, they don't really need that much to eat. A 100 pound shark can go that 6 weeks on a single 3lb fish. Grey Nurse sharks are REALLY sliw, metabolically, and don't even need that much.

IC B2

Squidge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Scrolling through at snorkel chicks Instagram page tells me that swimming with sharks without a cage is something she does frequently.

Big tiger.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl4NxNwn4H7/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BktRL9FHVik/

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A matter of time.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by SandBilly
A matter of time.

Yep !

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd eat it.....

Squidge Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsxaxLcFEE0/

crazy

Jaws was a fictitious film whose poster kind of looks like this, so this is my effort at an Anti-Jaws type media piece @savingjawsmovie . I’ve been swimming with sharks my whole life and working professionally with them for over 15 years. There’s a challenge I have in my efforts, to find a balance between helping people to overcome their fear of sharks that often stems for fictitious demonizing media and instilling a healthy level of respect for sharks as very capable apex predators #ApexPredatorNotMonster not puppy (cause if you pet puppies often even puppies bite, actually a lot ;)). Having worked with sharks for so long I can fully appreciate what they are capable of because I have been rushed by sharks and had to deter them and I have had to leave the water and I have watched them actively predate and compete for space and have confrontations. However, I’ve also had the most incredible moments of my life in the water with them where 99.9% of the time they cruise gracefully around and so long as I keep looking around and pay attention constantly and quietly and give respect and attention to the more dominant individuals and challenging juveniles on a CONSTANT bases I am treated as more or less an equal predator. Never complacent, always respectful and adapting at every second to every movement. I reached the point long ago where I dedicated my life to conservation and I love it, I love educating people about sharks and introducing them to them in a professional guided situation through the program I co-founded @oneoceandiving where we also collect data @oneoceanresearch @oneoceansharks and help support conservation through @Oneoceanconservation and @OneoceanEducation and @Oneoceanglobal @Waterinspired @oneoceanhawaii and other with funds from @oneoceandesigns and diving I love studying shark behavior and body language and its an absolute pleasure to share that with people and help them to better appreciate sharks and I hope inspire them to help save them. Check out http://HelpSaveSharks.Org for more ways to get involved. #Aloha #hawaii #greatWhiteHawaii #SaveTheOcean #ocean #discoversharks #oneoceanconservation #OneOceanDiving PHOTO CREDIT @juansharks ❤️

Remember why, specifically, the Bill of Rights was written...remember its purpose. It was written to limit the power of government over the individual.

There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.
IC B3

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I'd eat it.....

AttaBoy!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Old saying in the Fire Service: "There OLD firefighters, and there are BOLD firefighters. But, very seldom do you meet an OLD BOLD firefighter." Would expect the same applies to her line of work as well...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She may be the Timothy Treadwell of the ocean?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
N
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
N
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Old saying in the Fire Service: "There OLD firefighters, and there are BOLD firefighters. But, very seldom do you meet an OLD BOLD firefighter." Would expect the same applies to her line of work as well...

The way I’ve heard it is, “there are old pilots and bold pilots but there are no old, bold pilots!”😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Lot of fish tacos being wasted there.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
What do Snorkel Chicks do when it’s their time of the month?

Last edited by Reloder28; 01/18/19.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
yar Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
One big guppy

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Ummmmm.

[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Ummmmm.

[Linked Image]

She could get it....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
She'll go the way of Timothy Treadwell.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

234 members (1_deuce, 375sunrise, 338reddog, 219 Wasp, 30Gibbs, 10ring1, 24 invisible), 1,638 guests, and 1,111 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,205
Posts18,524,229
Members74,030
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.