Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy

Sadly I have forbidden myself to ever having one of my own as I do not trust myself owning one with their bass-ackwards safeties.

VG,

Looks like you are OUT of excuses.

The m457 safeties are FORWARD TO FIRE.

You could probably be "trusted" with one.

Maybe.

smile

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Centershot: Good for you! Great looking Rifle and I like that checkering pattern.
I have dozens of friends who own CZ rimfire Rifles and nary a one of them is "inaccurate"!
This includes CZ Rifles in 17 Mach2, 17 HMR, 22 L.R. and 22 Magnum - all are great shooting Rifles.
Sadly I have forbidden myself to ever having one of my own as I do not trust myself owning one with their bass-ackwards safeties.
I have shot several of my friends CZ's afield but I only single load them and don't close the bolt til I am about to take the shot.
Great looking Rifle and a great shooter it appears to be.
Enjoy and thanks for sharing!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

The safety on the 457's is like the safety on a M700 Remington. Push forward to shoot! The trigger is much like a ProMark or other 'packaged' trigger with 3 screws for adjustment. Nice refinements. They also come in several variations from the classic American to Tactical stocks and threaded barrels ready for a supressor. Providing high quality and options for lots of tastes - something some of these USA companies should learn from.

Last edited by centershot; 01/24/19.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fourbore,

That picture of Hookeye's is a 452 Trainer/Special. All of the Trainer/Special's had beech stocks. The CZ Lux; has the same barreled action including the sights but had a Walnut stock.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by jerrywoodswalker
Fourbore,

That picture of Hookeye's is a 452 Trainer/Special. All of the Trainer/Special's had beech stocks. The CZ Lux; has the same barreled action including the sights but had a Walnut stock.

Jerry

Correct. I may have been too brief in my response. In a nut shell, all cz are not the same. All 452 are not the same. The catalog is a good reference. The wood species varies. The finish and blue varies. Then again, the catalog will not tell you the varmint metal finish is a down grade from the American. Even the American came in a standard (beautiful gun) and a Deluxe, even better. A number of specialty guns often get outfitted strangely. The full stock or manlicher is a stalking/woods gun maybe set up for bench rest shooting. It did give the american consumer an appreciation for the European manlicher stocks. It was not always so. I guess those are gone now along with the wonderful set triggers of the 453.

You might find the LUX and trainer had different bbl lengths. I do not remember. I actually never heard of trainer 'special'. Is that a trainer or a special trainer? It does not matter, all trainers are birch, And extra drop at comb for best fit too aim with the excellent iron sights. While, those typically get setup with a scope, it is not the intent for that design.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Any plans to do a stainless 457?

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by smallfry

Well it took 10 years before CZ did a 455 stainess and that was one year prior to the end of the 455? It took a while. I suggest you find a 455 stainless ASAP. Or you maybe in for a long wait. Nothing all that magic about the 457 and in fact there maybe a few growing pains and un-expected trade offs The 455, such as it is, it is a known quantity. And available right now, while supply lasts. I bet those ss 455 go fast.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S

Originally Posted by fourbore
Originally Posted by smallfry

Well it took 10 years before CZ did a 455 stainess and that was one year prior to the end of the 455? It took a while. I suggest you find a 455 stainless ASAP. Or you maybe in for a long wait. Nothing all that magic about the 457 and in fact there maybe a few growing pains and un-expected trade offs The 455, such as it is, it is a known quantity. And available right now, while supply lasts. I bet those ss 455 go fast.

Sometimes I hate you grin

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
i did just that 4bore. i'm a self admitted CZ nut. i located a 455 american stainless in 22lr and snapped it up because i just don't like the 457 lines personally. i bought a 17hmr stainless barrel for it also before they are made of unobtainium. got a leupold vx-3 4.5-14x50mm that i just broke the front ring loose to adjust parallax waiting to go on the 455.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
IMHO, good move. Unless CZ runs of some more 455, I expect the stainless to get sold off quickly. Nice scope, but not an AO. I see you got that under control. I have not been that brave.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
yep 4 i've been on the CZ meri-go-round before with the "this is the last shipment of 452 americans to ever see american shores" deal. then it was 3 more yrs before the 452 americans dried up. like i said i've wanted a stainless cz 455 for awhile and i just don't care for the way the 457 looks personally. i know the safety works correctly now and it has a lower bolt throw but all that never bothered me much when i took into acct exactly the cost/performance differential of the cz rimfire line along with the classic 452/455 lines. i also don't see how the 457 will be any more accurate than the current 455 as they share the exact same barrels. yeah i wish i had a AO scope laying around but imma adjust the parallax on the vx-3 to 50ish yards and call it good. i don't usually put 50mm scopes on my rimfires but i've got the leupold vx-3 in the safe ready to go.
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I also got a SS 455 .22, but the SS barrels were hone. Might just buy an entire gun, as I've decided swapping barrels ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Like to see an HM2 version of any of them.

What fresh Hell is this?
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Mine appears to be a 455 "standard"
Model # 02193

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (160user, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,763 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,481
Posts18,490,194
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.