M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by Sheister
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Gloating, demeaning, and disrespectful. Who cares if he knows his sh*t?

Hint- conceit is not an attribute.

Fug Stik doesn't shoot anything but prone with a bipod or a rest. He doesn't know what he doesn't know. He couldn't win a club match except maybe if it was belly flop benchrest.

Funniest comment I've seen in quite a while. You do realize club matches aren't hunting? And, if you've been paying attention a lot of the country where Stick hunts evidenced by his pictures aren't exactly prone or bipod country. I'm thinking most of the guys on this forum use a bipod or rest every chance they get...

If you notice nearly all of his stocks have a forearm designed for bench or bipod use. And most of them include a bipod.

I can understand that if he has palsy, but it's obvious that he can't shoot without training wheels. If he ever shot that AR without the training wheels, he'd understand what a FU setup that is. Matches ain't hunting, but paper doesn't lie and I don't miss animals because I paper punch too much. If you think shooting sports don't help in the field, you are as stupid as Fug Stick. I do suspect he has some brain damage because he can't write a 5 word English language sentence to save himself.

Like him or not anyone with a little bit of commonsense knows he can shoot. As they know he knows more then a thing or two about guns, hunting, fishing, optics, camera's, and general outdoors. What cracks me up is all you that don't like him antagonize him. Why not just ignore him if you don't like him? Isn't that the bigger thing to do? Taking shots at him and his personal life is low and shows your true character. I don't know Stick but he has always answered questions I have had, always willing to share his knowledge with me. I read the crazy stuff he writes, sometimes I laugh my fat ass off, sometimes I cringe. But I don't antagonize him. I don't judge him, none of us has took a single step in his shoes. We all have struggles in life. Clearly Stick has some issue's, don't we all? Take the higher ground, be a man you want your children to be. I want Stick around here, I want to see his funny but not crude post. He has a lot of value here. If he didn't he would have been band long ago. Anyways just something to think about.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
HR IC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm afforded the luxuries...of not being forced to guess.

That troubles Window Lickers everywhere. I just might be sandbagging on today's Mail too. Hint.

Laughing!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
What cracks me up is all you that don't like him antagonize him. Why not just ignore him if you don't like him? Isn't that the bigger thing to do? Taking shots at him and his personal life is low and shows your true character.

I'm just giving Stick what he wants. He loves it. If he didn't, he'd address people in a different way.

What you said illustrates a problem we have today. Everybody is expected to put with BS, no matter how outrageous.
Call it toxic masculinity if you want, but I'm not putting up with his [bleep].

Thank you. Maybe it does show my true character.

Last edited by Tyrone; 01/20/19.

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It’s called narcissism. If you work with those types of people, it’s good for practice. You can manipulate them into doing anything you want. Hold tight for a minute and you’ll find out that I’m broke dick on the couch, can’t pour piss out of a boot, have a vivid imagination, and clueless.

And right on schedule, we’ll get to hear this weeks tale of another epic rifle build that’s a hammer and all the posse is cutting checks. Some might say “doing nothing” and doing the same schit over and over, looks a lot alike.

And all this without even asking....

Wait for it....wait for it.....

Bingo.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Your wear your Stupidity,same as your shadow and there ain't no shaking it. Congratulations?!?

Hint.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=Big Stick]You are beyond fhuqking CLUELESS.

Hint................[/quot

HINT........................................................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
...there it is again. Someone spilled [bleep] all over my thread...

Ha ha.. You knew it was going to happen. As for you not liking the 223 rem, I used to be that way when I was trying to weigh out every charge for the small little bastid (no I'm not talking about stick). Had to go to the store and buy a damn funnel that would work with the little bastid, etc. I got fed up with it and then decided to just drop powder charges from my uni-flo and damn if that didn't make the whole process about 100 times faster. Now I like the little 223. It's very accurate, and doesn't have any recoil. Its great for really small critters and even deer sized game, with the right bullets. After recently getting into the AR scene, I like the .223 rem even more. I have a good load I worked up for one of my favorite AR's that also shoots lights out in my bolt action, so that's one more reason to like the 223rem. So to answer your question in the Op:
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Without spending a grand, what rifles have you guys found to be a good fit for the round?

Here is my answer for what's worked for me. I've also had very good luck with Ruger m77's and Hawkeys in 223rem as well...
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Hawkeye I had was a great little shooter too. I wish I wouldn't have sold it to one of my friends now...:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

They are easy to load for and easy on the shoulder. What's not to like?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
What cracks me up is all you that don't like him antagonize him. Why not just ignore him if you don't like him? Isn't that the bigger thing to do? Taking shots at him and his personal life is low and shows your true character.

I'm just giving Stick what he wants. He loves it. If he didn't, he'd address people in a different way.

What you said illustrates a problem we have today. Everybody is expected to put with BS, no matter how outrageous.
Call it toxic masculinity if you want, pose as all holier than thou, but I'm not putting up with his [bleep].

Thank you. Maybe it does show my true character.

Does one ever think about the title of this forum,

IIRC, it is Titled "Hunting Rifles"....

Does B' hunt?

Quien Sabe?

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Switch
[quote=Big Stick]You are beyond fhuqking CLUELESS.

Hint................[/quot

HINT........................................................

Bitch,

I'm VERY "surprised" you went right to Whining and refrained all things the rifle. What were the "odds"? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.............

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Bore,

At least you can afford to plagiarize,so you can "contribute". Your GoogleFu is great. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Dubya,

I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,as much as you do. Congratulations?!?

Blued/Walnut Safe Queens are my gig.

Bless your heart.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 16bore
[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Finally have enough light to chronograph,some new wares.

Be sure to polish up your Imagination and Pretend,so you can "convince" yourself that you "don't read" my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel. Purty flat light,so will haveta' toss some flasjh in the fray.

Film at 11:00.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Dubya,

I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,as much as you do. Congratulations?!?

Blued/Walnut Safe Queens are my gig.

Bless your heart.

ya' must be, if'n you say so.

I think you brought out a halfway decent Cooper years ago, but IIRC I don't remember many others! Hope ya' keep a dessicant fresh and renewed in that climate. Rust never sleeps, even in a safe!

I do like fine wood, especially the warmth of walnut wrapped around blue steel. No doubt about it

Even more when it's drawn fresh blood!

But on occasion, I slum some Maple!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Dakota 76 Alpine, 280 Remington, 140 gr. Nosler Accubonds

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/20/19.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Geedub, I love the configuration of that stock but I gotta admit to liking blondes only if they are self-propelled...

I prefer the more brunette on guns, and slum the synthetics any time I think they'll be exposed to harsh treatment or the elements.

La variedad es la especia de la vida! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What GDub? No circus paint job? /sarc

That is a beaut!

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wood belongs in the fireplace. I've murdered millions of board feet of Maple and never looked back.....................

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Wood belongs in the fireplace. I've murdered millions of board feet of Maple and never looked back.....................

It also seems to have it's place, wrapped around blue steel...........

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'd a killed more but I only had six bullets and had to shoot one twice!

[Linked Image]

Steyr Mannlicher, Mannlicher Classic, 6.5 x 55 SE, 156 Gr. Norma Oryx

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 01/20/19.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by ingwe
Geedub, I love the configuration of that stock but I gotta admit to liking blondes only if they are self-propelled...

I prefer the more brunette on guns, and slum the synthetics any time I think they'll be exposed to harsh treatment or the elements.

La variedad es la especia de la vida! laugh

10/4

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (2500HD, 1minute, 219DW, 1badf350, 219 Wasp, 270cowboy, 60 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,318 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,170
Posts18,503,164
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.