-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just take a booze cruise through Wisconsin.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
He was arrested for threatening an act of terror. "Threatening to kill women" isn't a crime. It isn't specific enough to portray an actual threat.

Maybe because he didn't threaten to kill a certain woman. He didn't care which women he killed. It was the whole sex that he was mad at.

Exactly. It isn't an actionable threat. The government can't bring charges on behalf of all women for such a threat. The law DOES permit that if a threatened act can be classified as an "act of terror" (which has specific definitions within the law), it can be prosecuted as such.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
He was arrested for threatening an act of terror. "Threatening to kill women" isn't a crime. It isn't specific enough to portray an actual threat.

Well..

That's pretty much the position Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel had.

Congratulations?

It's the law. "I'm gonna kill women" isn't an actionable threat. What kind of argument is that? Hitler also breathed oxygen, you Nazi!!

Tell us about the law... LOL.

Sec. 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT. (a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

(1) cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

(2) place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;

(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance, or other public place;

(4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;

(5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or

(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

Maybe you need to go offer him your legal services?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Well..

That's pretty much the position Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel had.

Congratulations?

It's the law. "I'm gonna kill women" isn't an actionable threat. What kind of argument is that? Hitler also breathed oxygen, you Nazi!!

Tell us about the law... LOL.

Sec. 22.07. TERRORISTIC THREAT. (a) A person commits an offense if he threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with intent to:

(1) cause a reaction of any type to his threat by an official or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies;

(2) place any person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury;

(3) prevent or interrupt the occupation or use of a building, room, place of assembly, place to which the public has access, place of employment or occupation, aircraft, automobile, or other form of conveyance, or other public place;

(4) cause impairment or interruption of public communications, public transportation, public water, gas, or power supply or other public service;

(5) place the public or a substantial group of the public in fear of serious bodily injury; or

(6) influence the conduct or activities of a branch or agency of the federal government, the state, or a political subdivision of the state.

Maybe you need to go offer him your legal services?

Thanks for making my case for me. Now if you'd just learn logic....

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Send him to the nut house and throw away the key. With thinking like that sooner or later he will act on them.

living the good life every day
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks for making my case for me. Now if you'd just learn logic....

Logic tells me that to "kill as “many girls” as he sees" may represent a substantial group of the public...

Try it another way. Go over to Twitter and threaten to "kill as many blacks as you see".... Or Meskins. Or Democrats. Or all of them...

Then start your timer and tell us how long it takes before you get a knock on your door... wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I can hear the response now - 'take away everyone's guns before he does something.'

“He talked about handcuffing himself to a tree in the middle of nowhere where no one could hear him scream as a means of killing himself,” the paper reported, citing a probable cause statement says.
He's logical all right. Pick one of the hardest ways there is to die. Oh, poor me!

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I can hear the response now - 'take away everyone's guns before he does something.'

He did do something. He made a terroristic threat.

This is my line of thinking on this.

As opposed to Red Flag Laws.

A person that has made obvious public threats can be charged with Making a Terroristic Threat", charged, arrested, have access to firearms denied, and have Due Process.

A criminal charge has a burden of responsibility of proving it happened... Rather than a Red Flag Law being the burden of the one accused to prove it didn't happen.

If some whack job makes these threats, especially in social media, they are easy to prove. Kinda hard to defend that you didn't do it when the proof is a post on social media, or witnessed by numerous people.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Legalize it!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave
Just take a booze cruise through Wisconsin.

He would do well in Northwest Wisconsin.

The first great thing is to find yourself and for that you need solitude and contemplation. I can tell you deliverance will not come from the rushing noisy centers of civilization. It will come from the lonely places. Fridtjof Nansen
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
“He talked about handcuffing himself to a tree in the middle of nowhere where no one could hear him scream as a means of killing himself,” the paper reported, citing a probable cause statement says.

i have a set i will donate, ain't been used in 30 years!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'd send him a pair of cuffs! (Sans key, of course)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
He could have gone to a bar, and waited. The "Girls all get Prettier at Closing Time".

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
What an idiot.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[quote=Rock Chuck]I can hear the response now - 'take away everyone's guns before he does something.'

............. That's how it works...... He's basically another useful idiot in the war on the second amendment..... Nothing like a good mass shooting to help further the agenda. Like the nut case in Broward county Fla....... The law had so many red flags so often that it's as if they wanted something like that to happen. "Never let a good crisis go to waste". This sicko is basically an undocumented lobbyist for the Democrat party as far as I'm concerned...... ANY excuse to take guns away from citizens.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm hearing ads on the radio about reporting anything suspicious you see. Makes me nervous to think about where this is all headed.

LOL
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Wonder if he uses gillette razors

Last edited by TheSOB; 01/22/19.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Moron.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm hearing ads on the radio about reporting anything suspicious you see. Makes me nervous to think about where this is all headed.

.......... Exactly.......... Because..... " Everyone Knows" and "It's common knowledge"..... quote-unquote...... That gun owners can't be trusted and they're all sort of crazy.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2

If some have their way... It's headed to Red Flag Laws. And more. No private sales, and gun registration.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

465 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,985
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.