Page 1 of 2 1 2
#13480274 01/22/19
T
Tansun Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Got a flu shot yesterday while in for a “check up” for another issue. Nurse was great, did not even feel the needle prick. This morning my arm hurts so bad can not lift it. Never get flu shots noramally, but wife and doc convinced me too......I will never listen too conniving women again. If I could raise my arm, I would shake my fist at them...... damn it hurts.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You come here to cry?

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I've gotten the flu shots for many years. My arm was a bit sore last October for a day. It beats the flu.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sore arm? Suck it up.

For decades I was almost guaranteed a 12 hour bout of flu-like symptoms after taking a shot. I'd pretty much banked on it. Come home from work. Eat dinner. Take Ibuprofen and go to bed. I'd have chills and fever that night and sometime before sunrise the symptoms would go away and I could go to work.

I thought it was just part of modern life. I dreamed of just having a sore arm.

My wife went over two decades working for Children's Hospital here in Cincinnati. Flu shots were mandatory. Turning down a shot meant losing your job.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The formulation this year did in fact cause some soreness and stiffness the day after.

Big whooping deal. If you ever got the full unadulterated flu, you'd say "I'd rather have had a sore arm." They could chisel that on your headstone, because the flu kills.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I've gotten the flu shots for many years. My arm was a bit sore last October for a day. It beats the flu.

Same way.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have had a flu shot annually since 1965 but for maybe a year or two. My arm doesn't get sore any ore. I do not get any symptoms anymore. I have had the flu once during that period. I think the numbers for last year are something like 80,000 killed by the flu.

Not getting a flu shot is dumb. Peeing down you leg about it hurts is dumber.

T
Tansun Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
You come here to cry?

Wow tough crowd this morning, anybody have a tissue I can borrow?
First time I have gotten the shot in 7 to 10 years, never gotten sick before. I tend not to hang around sick people.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The last time I had the Flu it was after I'd gotten the shot. It helped, but not all that much. It hit while I was at work. I knew I wasn't feeling all that well, but it was my coworkers that noticed that something was really, really wrong with me. I managed to drive home (1 hour on I75, including a trip down Death Hill) I went to bed. It was so bad. . .

How bad was it?

My kidneys shut down for about 12 hours. When they got the fever down, and got things running again, I urinated brown/black sludge.

I hallucinated. There was a raccoon on the TV and it was pacing back and forth and being very angry with me. I only knew it was a hallucination because it was silent. Real raccoons that are that agitated make a racket.

When my son came home from school he found me and pulled the panic cord. I was out of work 2 weeks, and for a month, I'd regularly have recurrences at work where they'd send me home.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Tell em next time you like in the butt

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My arm hurts every year for a day or 2 after the shot. WAY better than getting the full on flu.

If you find yourself in a hole....quit digging
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've never had a flu shot until this year. I've never had the flu either until last year. I thought I was going to die. This year I had the shot. A little bit of a sore arm is a small price to pay in order to not die.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
I’ve never had a flu shot, never had the flu, but I’m getting older.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I turned 70 this year and for the first time had the shot. My arm hurt a little the next day but not that bad. Then a month later my wife got the flu and two days later I got it. The symptoms were flu like but much and I mean very much less painful. We basically felt bad for three days but were able to function. The Dr. said without the shot we would have been bed ridden with high fever and nausea. I'll take the shot every year from now on and take a sore arm.

I hope the shot you took keeps you from getting the flu and if you do get it, I believe you will be happy to have had a sore arm for a day or two.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by hanco

You might want to think about it. I thought that I was Mr. Indestructible until I got it last year. We think I got it from my wife. She works in the ER at a local hospital. They're required to get the shot. She had a sore throat and a cough for a few days. Then about a week later I came down with it full blown. Never again.

If you're over 50, you might think about getting the Shingles Vaccine also. In 2016 I got the Shingles and it's a painful SOB. Last year I had the first round of the vaccine and just had the second round last week. You have to have each round 2 to 6 months apart. Hopefully I won't have that to deal with again either.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
If your arm is tensed and/or the vaccine cold, it will hurt more. Also, after the shot, gently rub that area to disperse the vaccine.

Dr. Ironbender

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by hanco

Today's my 76th birthday. I've never had the flu, a flu shot and don't plan on ever getting one. My son-in-law's Mother got a flu shot about 5 years ago when she was in her late 70's and was paralyzed shortly after. One of the rare side effects of the flu vaccine is the Guillain-Barre syndrome and she got it. After 6 months of physical therapy she can barely get around with a walker and has to wear a neck brace because her neck muscles can't support her head. She still gets a flu shot every year though.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pure poison.

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Vick, HAPPY BORHDAY Old Timer!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Pure poison.

Gus??

lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 2003and2013, 1234, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,215 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,465
Posts18,489,854
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.