-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shes fixing to find out who the cock of the block is.

Her. She took Trump's balls.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

If he can launch a barrage of missiles into Syrian, a sovereign nation on the other side of the globe that posed no threat to the US, absent authority from Congress, under the pretext of a national security imperative, he can build a damned wall on the border.

Excellent point. Should probably launch some missiles into Mexico while we're at it. That might get their attention. I suggest the cabana right beside Vicente Fox's pool as a good target.

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
What most people don't realize.
drones, electronic surveilance , sensors, etc. don't do a bit of good until we change the laws that give them rights as soon as they touch US soil. We'll know they are here but can do nothing about it. WOOPEE!
The only thing that will stop any of them is a wall or bullets. I hate to say what I would prefer.

MOLON LABE
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The only question is if the Dems want to bargain and get a few things or if they want nothing.

Oh, and apparently the thought that a declaration of national emergency will get blocked by the courts is a little unfounded. It seems that those sorts of EOs if challenged, go directly to the Supreme Court and they have never overruled a president on one.

Just as i figured. Trump and Sarah are liars OR MSM, la Roy, Jell0, diddler, piglousy and s. hummer are liars. Take your pick.

Just spitballing here, but what would prevent them all being liars? I surely hope this isn't the case.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Yep, we'll see how stupid they are. I'm almost hoping they don't fund the wall. That way they'll get nothing, but the wall will still be built.
Exactly!!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The only question is if the Dems want to bargain and get a few things or if they want nothing.

Oh, and apparently the thought that a declaration of national emergency will get blocked by the courts is a little unfounded. It seems that those sorts of EOs if challenged, go directly to the Supreme Court and they have never overruled a president on one.

Just as i figured. Trump and Sarah are liars OR MSM, la Roy, Jell0, diddler, piglousy and s. hummer are liars. Take your pick.

Just spitballing here, but what would prevent them all being liars? I surely hope this isn't the case.

All fall short at times, but some live a lie and die short, Gregg.

Last edited by jaguartx; 01/26/19.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I really don't quite understand how any court could ever really challenge his declaration of an emergency.................seems more than just a little clear-cut that's it's well within his purview & there have been enough precedents set that it seems to be a well established authority.

MM

To paraphrase: It all depends on what the meaning of "emergency" is.

I, for one, am very concerned about unchecked power of ANY President to use the "National Emergency" card to get an action such as "the Wall" emplaced.

I can foresee bad things happening under administrations most of us here will not agree with (those administrations WILL be voted in you know). Let's just suppose some whack job decides to use a combination of commonly used reloading supplies to enact another Murrah Bldg incident. Ms first Dem Female President declares it a National Emergency and restricts ALL private sales of common reloading supplies because Mr Domestic Terrorist used some black powder and a primer to ignite a larger package filled with a couple of bags of # 2 shot at Disney World during a party for disabled kids. Oh, she's likely to restrict importation of all those nice powders y'all enjoy that come from Australia, Bofors, etc.

There needs to be some control over what a President can declare as a National Emergency.

Do I hope for a "wall"? Well of some sort in some places.

Once again, there seems to be no mention of penalties for the employers of the illegals................as usual.

We need a comprehensive plan, in other words we need to reduce demand also. (Qber's, help me out, has there been a drop about that? Jail time for employers? Large fines? A date set?)

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I really don't quite understand how any court could ever really challenge his declaration of an emergency.................seems more than just a little clear-cut that's it's well within his purview & there have been enough precedents set that it seems to be a well established authority.

MM

I, for one, am very concerned about unchecked power of ANY President to use the "National Emergency" card to get an action such as "the Wall" emplaced.

I can foresee bad things happening under administrations most of us here will not agree with (those administrations WILL be voted in you know). Let's just suppose some whack job decides to use a combination of commonly used reloading supplies to enact another Murrah Bldg incident. Ms first Dem Female President declares it a National Emergency and restricts ALL private sales of common reloading supplies because Mr Domestic Terrorist used some black powder and a primer to ignite a larger package filled with a couple of bags of # 2 shot at Disney World during a party for disabled kids. Oh, she's likely to restrict importation of all those nice powders y'all enjoy that come from Australia, Bofors, etc.

There needs to be some control over what a President can declare as a National Emergency.

Once again, there seems to be no mention of penalties for the employers of the illegals................as usual.

We need a comprehensive plan, in other words we need to reduce demand also. (Qber's, help me out, has there been a drop about that? Jail time for employers? Large fines? A date set?)

Geno

I feel like an invasion would qualify as a national emergency. Should have been done 30 years ago. It is obvious to me that neither party of politicians want to solve this probloem that is easily solvable. Democrats want the votes and Republicans want the cheap labor. May they all rot in hell for my part.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Well not exactly true. The Federal courts can rule against an EO. Eventually, an EO can get to SCOTUS but they too have overruled a president. Specifically, two Clinton EO's were overruled by SCOTUS: a matter on hiring strike-breakers and an order on using foreign languages in federal benefits and services. Also if you recall, Trumps EO on the travel ban was shot down three times (IIRC) before SCOTUS sent him a big victory.

Congress can also overturn an EO with a 2/3'rds majority, thus overriding a presidential veto.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad

MM

Geno
.....................At his discretion or as he deems it necessary for the protection and sovereignty of the American people,,,the POTUS has the Constitutional authority to declare a national emergency on the southern border......The Constitution of the United States says so under article 2..........Your hypothesis above where you "foresee" other bad things happening is as of now conjecture. If a national emergency declaration is needed to bypass the demoCRAPS to build the wall, then Trump will do exactly that. He has the Constitutional authority to do so.......Regardless. The points you bring up may be valid to a degree. However, what may or may not happen in the future cannot and should not prevent what needs to be done now to protect this nation.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The left is scared sheitless that if that wall actually gets built (w/o swinging doors) that their source for unlimited left party voter growth is curbed forever. Their goal is increased representation at the federal level due to population growth, and that slows it so hurts them.

LOL
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by boatammo
What most people don't realize.
drones, electronic surveilance , sensors, etc. don't do a bit of good until we change the laws that give them rights as soon as they touch US soil. We'll know they are here but can do nothing about it. WOOPEE!
The only thing that will stop any of them is a wall or bullets. I hate to say what I would prefer.

Exactly. All that high tech stuff is great for watching them cross so they can be picked up and registered as applicants for refugee status, then let loose into the US never to be heard from again.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by boatammo
I feel like an invasion would qualify as a national emergency. Should have been done 30 years ago. It is obvious to me that neither party of politicians want to solve this probloem that is easily solvable. Democrats want the votes and Republicans want the cheap labor. May they all rot in hell for my part.

Back during the presidency of George H.W. Bush, late 1980s, back when I still believed Republicans were the good guys who were really trying to do what was best for America and Americans, I wrote President Bush and asked him why he doesn't just station the military on the border to do whatever is necessary to stop the flood across our border. I got a response back thanking me for my suggestion.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by papalondog
I don't know why there has to be a "national emergency" declared.

The POTUS is CIC of the military and can order the military to respond to any threat he deems necessary.

Continued cost of military being deployed and putting people in harms way or building a one time barrier. Hmmmm.........

So you're worried about the military being put in harm's way? Hell, if you are worried about our military forces, the strongest and best equipped in the world being at the border, then what threat do you see for the CITIZENS of our country with NO protection? LOL

You also think the military can't build a wall?

Lets hope they are better at walls than NO dikes..... smile

It is clear "talk" is all the Dems will do - their idea of "compromise: "Give us everything we want, and we will talk about what we won't give you, which is ANYTHING you want."

This will be remembered by voters on both sides - Dems will applaud their "win", Repubs will remember dems are impossiboe to deal with. Hopefuly the swing vote will see Dems for what they are in 2020, but I'm afraid too many of them will side with the Dem view.

If the wll actually goes forward, they may help in the 2020.

Last edited by las; 01/26/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The POTUS is CIC of the military and can order the military to respond to any threat he deems necessary.

With approval of Congress... its one thing to send troops down there and hang out in the rear with the gear. But to put them on the border armed with whole enchilada tanks, strikers all of them carrying there basic load takes an act of Congress. It's that pesky constitution that we all love..

The Posse Comitatus Act, which passed after the Civil War to keep federal troops from policing the South, limits federal troops' deployment on U.S. soil and forbids using them to enforce domestic laws. The President can deploy troops if there's an insurrection or invasion on U.S. soil.

I'm sure most of you will say it is an invasion..

Last edited by 79S; 01/26/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by 79S

With approval of Congress... its one thing to send troops down there and hang out in the rear with the gear. But to put them on the border armed with whole enchilada tanks, strikers all of them carrying there basic load takes an act of Congress. It's that pesky constitution that we all love..

It's a long recognized principle that the CIC is authorized to command the military to repel invasions into the US with the full force of the military without appeal to Congress. The only area where this is limited involves operations outside the US, where he may do this only for a limited period of time, and must order our forces back home again if Congress doesn't authorize extended action. This limit doesn't apply to defending our borders against invaders.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by 79S

It's a long recognized principle that the CIC is authorized to command the military to repel invasions into the US with the full force of the military without appeal to Congress. The only area where this is limited involves operations outside the US, where he may do this only for a limited period of time, and must order our forces back home again if Congress doesn't authorize extended action. This limit doesn't apply to defending our borders against invaders.

I'm sure the intent was armed invasion... but if you all are for mowing down unarmed folks I know some Army recruiters you can talk too.. Me on the other hand I'm not down for that kind of action.also federal troops cannot be used to enforce federal laws.. I think only dictators do that..

Last edited by 79S; 01/26/19.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
bigsqueeze,

all good points you bring up, but again, I refer back to my statement of what is an "emergency".

Did it just now become an emergency? I grew up near the border, recreated along it many times, unexpectedly crossed it a couple of times and have some knowledge of the current emergency. Can't say I'm en expert, but what's happening today has been happening for a long time. Our Explorer post even fed a guy, heading back to Mexico after having been robbed of his six month's earnings by others heading north, and gave him a ride back to Tecate on our way back from camping in the backcountry in about 1971.

Saw my brother's career in the building trades tank in the early-mid 70's due to the influx of "migrant workers" taking over construction jobs in San Diego and all of SoCal, to the immense enjoyment of the corporate owners of development companies. Saw the tremendous increase in migrant camps alongside freeways near the Home Depots there in the 80's where day workers could pick up jobs from any contractor/homeowner that needed some manual labor for a short term, no questions asked. Saw Imperial Beach, San Ysidro, National City, and Chula Vista turn into Tijuana North.

All that didn't happen yesterday, so this "emergency" is nothing new. It all happened because there are paying jobs for folks that want paying jobs who are willing and able to work for wages American workers seem to not want to work for. And more importantly, there are employers willing and very able to pay those folks, few questions asked and the fewer answers the better.

Call it a slow brewing emergency if you want, but it's not something I see as needs absolute immediate addressing at the risk of providing more precedent for executive fiat by just declaring "a National Emergency" to fulfill a campaign promise.

Use political means ,which should have been done when Trump controlled both houses even given the small majority in the Senate, to accomplish this barrier. USe every political trick in the books to frustrate the Dems in the house at every opportunity. .

I just see bad things happening in the future if this wall is built by executive decision only. Hopefully, I'll be long gone when those things happen, but my nieces and nephews and their children may have to deal with it.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

D
DW7 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The flow of migrants correlates with our economy, like the coyote and the rabbit. You been down there this year Buzz?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Fireball2
The left is scared sheitless that if that wall actually gets built (w/o swinging doors) that their source for unlimited left party voter growth is curbed forever. Their goal is increased representation at the federal level due to population growth, and that slows it so hurts them.

And the employers who use illegals ( even illegals with their forged documents, and employers who are not required to use the E-Verify system) are scared sheitless their source of cheap labor will dry up. And their lobbyists won't be able to "convince" lawmakers of both parties to drag their feet in coming up with a workable solution.

Geno

In it is contentment

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 57 invisible), 4,268 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,667
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.