Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BuzzH
I wonder what would happen if the R's and D's actually started negotiating instead of being embedded in this constant I have to win at all costs mentality.

Declaring a national emergency in an attempt to build a 1,926 mile wall is ridiculous, pretending that a partial border wall is not needed is also foolish.

There is no way that a 1,926 mile wall is going to be built. Not taking into account that unpopular (I used to think by the "conservatives" on this site) of having to claim eminent domain of private property, having a large sovereign Indian Reservation along a large part of the border in AZ, and not to mention the logistics and cost of even attempting such a project...makes the wall a pipe dream.

I think a majority of Americans, from both parties, could get behind a comprehensive plan that makes sense. I just don't think either side has thought this through, there doesn't have to be a winner and a loser. It can be a win all around. Build the wall/fence in the high traffic areas and improve existing barriers where its needed. Use additional funding to upgrade to better detection methods, increased border patrol, etc. in the more remote areas.

Negotiating is not about one side getting everything and the other nothing...too bad the asshats in D.C. seem unable to comprehend that.

You would need to buy better winter gear, for hell would be frozen over.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
I don't know why there has to be a "national emergency" declared.

The POTUS is CIC of the military and can order the military to respond to any threat he deems necessary.

Correct. No emergency need be declared to build the wall on executive power alone. It's well within the purview of his Constitutional powers to order the construction of forts, walls, etc., where he deems it necessary, as Commander In Chief.

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The only question is if the Dems want to bargain and get a few things or if they want nothing.

Oh, and apparently the thought that a declaration of national emergency will get blocked by the courts is a little unfounded. It seems that those sorts of EOs if challenged, go directly to the Supreme Court and they have never overruled a president on one.

Just as i figured. Trump and Sarah are liars OR MSM, la Roy, Jell0, diddler, piglousy and s. hummer are liars. Take your pick.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wonder what would happen if the R's and D's actually started negotiating instead of being embedded in this constant I have to win at all costs mentality.

Declaring a national emergency in an attempt to build a 1,926 mile wall is ridiculous, pretending that a partial border wall is not needed is also foolish.

There is no way that a 1,926 mile wall is going to be built. Not taking into account that unpopular (I used to think by the "conservatives" on this site) of having to claim eminent domain of private property, having a large sovereign Indian Reservation along a large part of the border in AZ, and not to mention the logistics and cost of even attempting such a project...makes the wall a pipe dream.

I think a majority of Americans, from both parties, could get behind a comprehensive plan that makes sense. I just don't think either side has thought this through, there doesn't have to be a winner and a loser. It can be a win all around. Build the wall/fence in the high traffic areas and improve existing barriers where its needed. Use additional funding to upgrade to better detection methods, increased border patrol, etc. in the more remote areas.

Negotiating is not about one side getting everything and the other nothing...too bad the asshats in D.C. seem unable to comprehend that.

Wasn't too many years ago Americans figured out HOW to accomplish big tasks rather than listing all the reasons not to....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Hiighways and freeways can and are built all over this country, across private property and reservations so can a wall.
Not everyone is going to be happy but so what, they can stay mad or get over it.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

How do you compromise between a wall and no wall? Half a wall.

How do you compromise wanting clean water and someone wanting to piss in your well? Is half a piss ok?

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The only question is if the Dems want to bargain and get a few things or if they want nothing.

Oh, and apparently the thought that a declaration of national emergency will get blocked by the courts is a little unfounded. It seems that those sorts of EOs if challenged, go directly to the Supreme Court and they have never overruled a president on one.

I really don't quite understand how any court could ever really challenge his declaration of an emergency.................seems more than just a little clear-cut that's it's well within his purview & there have been enough precedents set that it seems to be a well established authority.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by callnum
Even if the “national emergency “ gets through the courts and that’s a big if, the private property owners will tie this up in court for years.

If he thought it had a chance he would have done it already.

This will go down as just another promise un filled.

Will be funny if the wall is built right up to property lines of property owners filing lawsuits. Funnel all the drug mules, muzzie terrorists and illegals onto their lands. After their families have been raped, murdered and everything stolen or burned they may rethink their objections.
Somehow, I am ok with that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Let us see what happens.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

I really don't quite understand how any court could ever really challenge his declaration of an emergency.................seems more than just a little clear-cut that's it's well within his purview & there have been enough precedents set that it seems to be a well established authority.

MM

If he can launch a barrage of missiles into Syrian, a sovereign nation on the other side of the globe that posed no threat to the US, absent authority from Congress, under the pretext of a national security imperative, he can build a damned wall on the border.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Buzz, you need to check your numbers again.

How much of that has already been built and in place for years?

You ought to drive past the city limits where you live now and then. Perhaps you'd be better informed.

But facts don't matter to liberals.

I do get out of the city limits, I spent 3-5 months a year on the Southern border in Arizona between 2001-2008. I'll give you that there are stretches that have been built, but a lot of it is literally falling apart. Spend some time near Nogales, Sasabe, etc....check out the quality of the "wall" near those places.

As to what the conditions are on the border...I thought it was being grossly exaggerated when I first spend time there in 2001. It was worse than what I was told...trash all over, illegals all over, etc. In 2008-2010 there was a definite improvement and border patrol presence was much higher. I spent about 20 days in 2010 hunting coues deer in an area I'd worked extensively in 2005-2006. I still glassed up a group of about 20 illegals, and several smaller groups, still found the tracks of illegals in all the washes (easy to tell, they try to "hide" their tracks by putting carpet on their shoes). Border patrol was tearing things up and they caught all of the groups I glassed. I went back to the same area in 2016 and it was wayyyy different. I didn't glass a single illegal, and the whole time I was there, again about 20 days, I saw the border patrol apprehend one group. I found very little garbage, clothes, backpacks, that riddled the area in the mid 2000's. Found very, very few illegal tracks in the washes. I hunted there again this year and even less sign.

Its intellectually dishonest to say the border patrol has been ineffective with detecting and stopping a lot of illegal traffic.

I shot this deer in 2010 and just above my left shoulder is your "border wall" near a port of entry. I could get across/through/around that "wall" without much effort at all. If a majority of the wall that "has been built and in place for years" is similar to that...it would be best to doze it and start over.

[Linked Image]

Those are facts, from being there and doing that over a 17 year period...now run along and spew your chit somewhere else.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Such a tame animal to let you pet it like that.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump'll have to do via EO cause Nancy ain't gonna give an inch.

She's thinking like her cock is two feet long right now.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
[Linked Image]

Laffin'...yeah, the "fence" along a large portion in Arizona is sort of "there". I mean other than the places where the 3 strands haven't been broken for 50 years.

You talk about getting outside the city limits...take your own advice.

I'll have to see if I can dig up some pictures I have standing in Mexico along that "fence".

WAFJ you are.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by BobMt

and why didn't he do this when first got in office?…..this last little go around with Nancy......put some egg on his face...I know he didn't like it..he will come out swinging...….bob

We may have had a majority , but NONE of the majaroity was backing him till he went balls to tha wall for Kavanaugh , only then did any of them see the American people were backing him strongly and only then did they want to get on board with him . By the time Kavanaugh got through the circus the Republican Party had damaged themselves and not to mention the clowns that stepped down to save face giving a Republican owned seat to the Dems . I don't think it flew over the Trump supporters heads that the Republican pouty lip was stonewalling Trump and caused a lot to set it out and then there was the complacency of dim wits that thought , we beat Hillary , mid terms aren't important .
So how do you figure the deck was stacked any better the first two years than now ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems I've heard that song before.

'Sides, how stupid do you have to be to expect victory by shutting down government again. Hope Trump doesn't try the national emergency ploy and get Pelosied by the judiciary. The MSM has said emperor Trump has no clothes and then it would be true.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

You win!!!!!!

Most lib talking points quoted while trying to act like an independent thinker.

Shouldn’t you be busy trying to corral some public land for your lib sugar-daddy’s personal use.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Trump'll have to do via EO cause Nancy ain't gonna give an inch.

She's thinking like her cock is two feet long right now.

Shes fixing to find out who the cock of the block is.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J

Buzz, you need to check your numbers again.

How much of that has already been built and in place for years?

You ought to drive past the city limits where you live now and then. Perhaps you'd be better informed.

But facts don't matter to liberals.

I do get out of the city limits, I spent 3-5 months a year on the Southern border in Arizona between 2001-2008. I'll give you that there are stretches that have been built, but a lot of it is literally falling apart. Spend some time near Nogales, Sasabe, etc....check out the quality of the "wall" near those places.

As to what the conditions are on the border...I thought it was being grossly exaggerated when I first spend time there in 2001. It was worse than what I was told...trash all over, illegals all over, etc. In 2008-2010 there was a definite improvement and border patrol presence was much higher. I spent about 20 days in 2010 hunting coues deer in an area I'd worked extensively in 2005-2006. I still glassed up a group of about 20 illegals, and several smaller groups, still found the tracks of illegals in all the washes (easy to tell, they try to "hide" their tracks by putting carpet on their shoes). Border patrol was tearing things up and they caught all of the groups I glassed. I went back to the same area in 2016 and it was wayyyy different. I didn't glass a single illegal, and the whole time I was there, again about 20 days, I saw the border patrol apprehend one group. I found very little garbage, clothes, backpacks, that riddled the area in the mid 2000's. Found very, very few illegal tracks in the washes. I hunted there again this year and even less sign.

Its intellectually dishonest to say the border patrol has been ineffective with detecting and stopping a lot of illegal traffic.

I shot this deer in 2010 and just above my left shoulder is your "border wall" near a port of entry. I could get across/through/around that "wall" without much effort at all. If a majority of the wall that "has been built and in place for years" is similar to that...it would be best to doze it and start over.

[Linked Image]

Those are facts, from being there and doing that over a 17 year period...now run along and spew your chit somewhere else.

Nice fawn. wink

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

509 members (10gaugemag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 160user, 52 invisible), 2,359 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,153
Posts18,502,906
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.